Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nec bikeworld 2018

Options
  • 28-08-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just a heads up for anyone interested in going to the bike show this year, Ryanair €19.98 return. And the show is still free for those with a non GB passport. Was all booked and ready to go last year and ended up in hospital on the day I was supposed to travel, so fingers crossed for this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

mecanno37 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone interested in going to the bike show this year, Ryanair €19.98 return. And the show is still free for those with a non GB passport. Was all booked and ready to go last year and ended up in hospital on the day I was supposed to travel, so fingers crossed for this year.

Soooo tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Not a bloody chance I'll be able to get the time off work for it, but I'm sure those who go will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It's on the weekend too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Thinking of going but will have to do a quick turnaround if I do.

How long does it take from airport to the show?

They are all one building. 2 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

2 mins? Are you as accurate as my wife when it comes to judging time??

Looked it up, there is a tram to take, then a walk.

The tram is about 1 minute, the walk is another 1 minute. You don't even have to go outside. Trust me it's close.

Sorry, I just googled it, their website says the tram takes 90 seconds, so it's 2 mins 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If you are that stuck for time, I wouldn't be bothered going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Midweek is grand. Busyish .. but still enough time to have a decent look around. Weekends are mental there.

• Advertisement

Ye, mid week is the best. There's loads of test rides available. If you're there first thing in the morning mid week you'll be able to test ride everything. One of the best things about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just be aware that some of the rides as of last year and not available to Irish Residents...UK mainland only (or UK drivers licence maybe) which is very poor form TBH. Have done this ride in particular about 5 times now and was told last year its a no go.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just be aware that some of the rides as of last year and not available to Irish Residents...UK mainland only (or UK drivers licence maybe) which is very poor form TBH. Have done this ride in particular about 5 times now and was told last year its a no go.

I got the same :mad:

I asked could I ride his wife instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

D3V!L wrote: »
    I got the same :mad:

I asked could I ride his wife instead.

Was she even good looking mate?

emo72 wrote: »
    Was she even good looking mate?

No idea but figured I'd stand a better chance than getting on one of the bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

D3V!L wrote: »
    No idea but figured I'd stand a better chance than getting on one of the bikes

Ah sure what are you gonna do! Anyway I never wanted a spin on any of the show bikes, I figured they wouldn't waste their time giving us spin because we won't be buying one of them, we'd be buying from Irish distributor. It's understandable. And the weather is always dire over there in November too. So feck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

emo72 wrote: »
    Ah sure what are you gonna do! Anyway I never wanted a spin on any of the show bikes, I figured they wouldn't waste their time giving us spin because we won't be buying one of them, we'd be buying from Irish distributor. It's understandable. And the weather is always dire over there in November too. So feck that!

Its not a show bike, as in a test ride for a bike you "might" be interested in buying. These are pre arranged ride of maybe your dream bike....over the years I have test rode so many bikes that I would never be able to get my mitts on including last year a spanky new GSXR1000 and the year before the MT-10, also some lovely big tour bikes like the GTR1400. Also been on KTM1290 and an R1.

So it was great to be able to do that over there to break up the walking around......

Test riding was the best. The Yamaha stand were much looser with the paper work so I'd be surprised if you couldn't get on them. The off road experience was the same and is good fun. I don't see the test ride stand where they have multiple bikes on the site.

Advertisement