Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill of Quantity vs Schedule of Works

Options
  • 28-08-2018 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have had a conversation with my QS about whether or not to use a Bill of Quantities in our tender.

He has stated he does a very detailed Schedule of Works and does not feel the need to do a Bill of Quantity, but he has said if I want to pay for the BoQ he will do the work.

From the preliminary costing we are talking a build cost of 600k: half refurb / half new build - specifying a high standard on the energy.

On the one hand I would like have a tighter handle on costs which the BoQ should give. On the other hand by leaving it as a SoW when we go to tender, I have been led to believe that we might be able to learn through the tender process and possibly identify some costs savings we can incorporate into the build.
    • Does anyone have an thoughts to add on the pros and cons of taking a BoQ or SoW approach?
    • Have people really identified savings taking the SoW route?
    • Are there any other downsides to going the BoQ?

Thanks

Advertisement