Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken window sensor replacement

Options
  • 28-08-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Had some alarm events recently and tracked the issue down to what I think might be a damaged sensor.

It's installed on a velux window and appears to have come slightly loose so snapped when the window was being closed.

Could someone please tell me if these are user replaceable?
    Do I need to replace the whole piece or just the piece that appears cracked (attached to window).
    Are these magnet or RF operated? The alarm has the default engineer code.
    Any advice on where to source replacement or how to proceed?

Images below. Thanks

459653.jpg

459654.jpg

459655.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The magnet shout be fine.
    If you are getting false alarms on that zone you would need to check the resistance on the entire zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

KoolKid wrote: »
    The magnet shout be fine.
    If you are getting false alarms on that zone you would need to check the resistance on the entire zone.

Is that a pro job? Or could I do it? What does it involve?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have access to a multimeter?
    How many devices are on that zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you have access to a multimeter?
    How many devices are on that zone?

I do, but it's a cheap piece of junk I got on ebay.

8 windows on the zone.

Advertisement