Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Lego

Options
  • 28-08-2018 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

My young lad has loads of Star Wars LEGO sets and he has grown out of it. It’s not boxed or instructions but is complete. He has things like Darth Vader’s Tie fighter. Obe Jedi star fighter, Poe Damarion’s x wing star fighter etc. can we sell it made up or how do we do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think you'll get more money if you separate the sets and sell individually. Definitely don't sell it as one jumbled lot of bricks. Once you've separated the sets (if that's not done already) and confirmed that all the pieces are there, use www.bricklink.com as a guide for how much each set is worth. You can look at the average selling price over the last six months.

It's also worth saying, it's very common for kids to grow out of the hobby and return to it in adulthood, when they're big kids :) And then thoroughly regret having sold their childhood sets. Speaking from experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

It's also worth saying, it's very common for kids to grow out of the hobby and return to it in adulthood, when they're big kids :) And then thoroughly regret having sold their childhood sets. Speaking from experience!

Agreed.

I'd keep one or two of the more memorable sets (original trilogy for example).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Get a couple of big plastic boxes, stick it in the roof, wait until he has a roof of his own, hand it over.

Advertisement