Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I’ve seen him twice in the last month. Twice he’s gone off on a big spiel about Simon Coventry.

He didn't when I seen him. But he did bang out Revelate with a full band he'd never played with before and it sounded amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Big coup if its true about Orbital. Not too bothered myself as they dont play the songs I particularly like by them at the moment (mostly Blue album stuff) but if theres no clash Ill catch some of their set anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

That's a great scoop seathrun, and a great coup for ATN. Clearly those guys are the big act, though ATN did say special 'guests' so might mean more acts than orbital. I think the line up is great already, but still wouldn't say no to a few more thrown in!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

wethebed if it's Orbital.. was raging I missed them last year at Beatyard...

du du dun, du, du, du, du du dun...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Big coup if its true about Orbital. Not too bothered myself as they dont play the songs I particularly like by them at the moment (mostly Blue album stuff) but if theres no clash Ill catch some of their set anyway.
    I would turn up and go home for this alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Delighted at the Orbital news. Even if it’s a cut-down Arcadia affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The sun has been splitting the stones here in Waterford the last few days lets up it keeps up for next weekend!

Orbital would be amazing to see i hope its true,i vaguely remember seeing them at Homelands in 1999 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

surprised they aren't making more of the fact they have a special guest of Orbital's size.
    I only knew about it because of here, and none of my friends knew that there was any special guests to be announced...
    haven't really seen anything about it on social media?

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet. I think it is speculation at the minute. I didn't read back through everything that was posted yet, but scanned over a lot and didn't see any confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

They have mentioned "Special guest additions" in several of their latest Social posts, but I guess no "separate" post as such

In terms of orbital confirmation, someone in the EP thread ran in to Hartnoll and one of the producers in Galway yesterday and ended up having 5 pints. TLDR; they confirmed they're going down south to play ATN. The person was asked not to put it on FB but got the go ahead to post it here.

Obviously, internet people, we don't know each other, it might all be bull but it seemed legit enough to me. Horses mouth and all that. I'm sure we'll know tomorrow or Monday for sure once Orbital have played the big top in Galway for the Arts Festival and ATN can make their official announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ricerocket wrote: »
    Why do we think Orbital will be on the bill? Just speculation at this stage?

From the EP thread last night. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110804888&postcount=4925

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Nice line up for the All curious minds area. I'd be interested to hear Patti Smith chatting. It's easy to miss this area but there's lots of interesting bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    No chance of Orbital IMO. Quote me on that, happy to be wrong.

Consider yerself quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Can someone clarify this for me regarding the free flow..... Let's say one was deciding to sleep in the car park , having all booze in the car park etc etc , how would that work then regarding bringing drink in each day .
    Is it a case of you get one shot , and that's when you are getting wrist band ?
    Apologies I am sure this has been asked loads.

What about people that are staying off site... Hotels , air bnbs whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

miller82 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify this for me regarding the free flow..... Let's say one was deciding to sleep in the car park , having all booze in the car park etc etc , how would that work then regarding bringing drink in each day .
    Is it a case of you get one shot , and that's when you are getting wrist band ?
    Apologies I am sure this has been asked loads.

Yep bang on. You can bring in the drink as you get your wristband. After that no more drink.

D.Q wrote: »
    Yep bang on. You can bring in the drink as you get your wristband. After that no more drink.

Okay thanks

I presume this is enforced fairly tight all weekend , regarding re-entry from off side ?

miller82 wrote: »
    I presume this is enforced fairly tight all weekend , regarding re-entry from off side ?

It was enforced last year yea.

Limit is smaller this year as well so I could see it being even more unlikely you'll get drink in on second entry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

It was enforced last year yea.

Limit is smaller this year as well so I could see it being even more unlikely you'll get drink in on second entry

I wonder how strictly the limit will be enforced this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Daisies wrote: »
    I wonder how strictly the limit will be enforced this year?

I'm going to chance more and just bring them back to the car if they stop me! My 24 cans were demolished last year and not by me from everyone else drinking them so I'm not running out this year! Also I think decanted spirits in with your clothes will get in no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Phil Hartnoll was great when I saw him DJ in Tengu on Easter Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wooderson wrote: »
    Consider yerself quoted.

Yep. I was the OP that ran into Hartnoll in Neachtains. Happy to take a bet with BadTurtle. I'm offering good odds also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

That 24 can limit is 500ml cans, right? Assuming allowances made for 330ml cans? I'm not sure if I've ever seen the drink limitations checked/enforced at a festival....

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I was wondering about the 'no gas bottles' restriction, are any of ye campervanning next weekend , and what do ye plan to do about this. Ignore it and chance bringing the gas in? I read its unsafe to store a gas cannister on its side, and my only space in the campervan to 'hide' a bottle would mean putting it on its side . So I dont know what to do. I cant understand why we cant bring our gas in, when its been certified for use, and you need it for everything in the van to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm really enjoying the Angie McMahon stuff. A must see for me now.

Also I think we need to have a chat about people's unhealthy drinking habits...maybe for another day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Is everyone planning on mixing their spirits beforehand or buying mixers on site?

Is everyone planning on mixing their spirits beforehand or buying mixers on site?

Idk about premixing. Have never done it. Was going to chance bringing in some bottles of pop myself but will likely buy them there. I got a nice vacuum insulated bottle on amazon and a cold drink would be lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Idk about premixing. Have never done it. Was going to chance bringing in some bottles of pop myself but will likely buy them there. I got a nice vacuum insulated bottle on amazon and a cold drink would be lovely

I've always premixed for EP but with the drink limit I think it might be better to just stuff my spirits into my clothes bag and buy mixers on site. Does anyone remember if you can buy 2 liter bottles of coke and stuff there?

Advertisement