Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Coz wrote: »
    If they are announced it'll be an Orbital vs King Kong Company clash.

Mark Graham will be pissed off, I imagine he would probably want to see Orbital too, but then again he's headlining the second biggest stage. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

endainoz wrote: »
    Well we know that, but you made the app so you get a free pass!

This makes me less unhappy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wooderson wrote: »
    Okay its been a seamless triumph of organisation. :rolleyes:

The announcement hasn't happened yet though, lets judge it after it happens. It might be great! Not long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Le Bruise wrote: »
    A stranger is just a mate you haven't shared a can with!

Indeed, we've taken in many a stranger that wanted to keep partying when at festival campsites. I never have problems meeting people in these situations myself so will be grand. Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

weather looking a bit grim for Sunday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

It'll be refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

i wouldn't worry yet - checked yr.no yday morn and eve and both were dramatically different... too early to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone know if Family Camping allows access to General Campsites if you have no children with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭endainoz

Anyone know if Family Camping allows access to General Campsites if you have no children with you?

Dont know for certain but I'd say yeah it shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

of the three days.... Sunday is the one i'd prefer to take the rain on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

sporina wrote: »
    i wouldn't worry yet - checked yr.no yday morn and eve and both were dramatically different... too early to know

Exactly. Even if it does rain it'll be warm. Its actually really nice.

does any have any snake oil magic potions they abide by during festival season to stop them crumbling during and/or the days after ?

dehoralyte and alka selzer daily is my only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Indeed, we've taken in many a stranger that wanted to keep partying when at festival campsites. I never have problems meeting people in these situations myself so will be grand. Can't wait now!

We took a guy under our wing at body & soul just gone, he was probably about 5 years younger than most of us. He was by himself sitting at a bench we were at so got him chatting and he seemed on a great happy buzz. New-stranger-friend then asked one of our pals (who was far far away in a land of fairies) what his name was and our pal was just looking at him blankly, I reckon trying to figure out whether he should tell him his real name or his usual nickname.
    The new stranger friend completely turned and started calling us all undercover guards because "how can you forget your own name!!"
    Usually most Stranger-Friend experiences don't end this way :p anyone is welcome to come buzz about our lil group if you find yourself lost!
    This whatsapp group will be lovely for that kinda thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Anyone see any good deals on crates of beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

miller82 wrote: »
    does any have any snake oil magic potions they abide by during festival season to stop them crumbling during and/or the days after ?

Coconut water is 100% my go to. Its like natural dioralyte. I do also bring dioralyte tho.

I generally don't suffer from huge hangovers, mainly only for a couple of hours beause of dehydration so these always do the trick

Berocca is another good one for the vits, but I tend to eat fruit for breakfast anyway.

A decent feed is crucial.

Aspirin or paracetamol (do not take ibuprofen cause it's harsh on the stomach)

Coconut water is 100% my go to. Its like natural dioralyte. I do also bring dioralyte tho.

I generally don't suffer from huge hangovers, mainly only for a couple of hours beause of dehydration so these always do the trick

Berocca is another good one for the vits, but I tend to eat fruit for breakfast anyway.

A decent feed is crucial.

Yeah i tend to eat my way around the festival too, and i think it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Can't remember where I heard that it was good to take Rennie with smiley faces if that's your thing. Not exactly a next day remedy more of an enhancement.

Milk thistle supposed to be real good for your liver. And yeh my friend swears by dioralyte, brings a big packet and makes everyone take one.
    5HTP if you can get your hands on it and Magnesium.

I'll have the Panadol in the back pocket all weekend, an essential for me these days. The loud music, dehydration and long dragged out sessions can give me some really annoying headaches that need to be gotten rid of.

Some people recommend charcoal tablets too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭El Director

Coconut water is 100% my go to. Its like natural dioralyte. I do also bring dioralyte tho...A decent feed is crucial.

100% agree with the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Peesh89 wrote: »
    We took a guy under our wing at body & soul just gone, he was probably about 5 years younger than most of us. He was by himself sitting at a bench we were at so got him chatting and he seemed on a great happy buzz. New-stranger-friend then asked one of our pals (who was far far away in a land of fairies) what his name was and our pal was just looking at him blankly, I reckon trying to figure out whether he should tell him his real name or his usual nickname.
    The new stranger friend completely turned and started calling us all undercover guards because "how can you forget your own name!!"
    Usually most Stranger-Friend experiences don't end this way :p anyone is welcome to come buzz about our lil group if you find yourself lost!
    This whatsapp group will be lovely for that kinda thing :)

:D

Best one for me was at EP years ago and I lost everyone so went back to what I thought was my mates tent to wait for the gang there. Went in to the tent to help myself to a can of his beer and relaxed in his camping chair.

Soon after the actual owners of the tent came back, I was mortified after going in and taking a strangers beer and explained myself!

Their reaction was brilliant, they went in and got me another can and we drank together for hours! I must have an honest face :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

It's a pity the likes of Tourist, George Fitzgerald and Jon Hopkins aren't on later. They are in headline slots rather than dancing after the headline slots. They all clash with John Grant, Hot Chip, The Good, the Bad and the Queen and the National. Not a major complaint but that's my only gripe with what otherwise looks like a great weekend of music ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

Buckfast???

Walnuts and Bananas. Magnesium supplements this week and during the festival help ease muscle tightness that certain substances may bring on.
    5-HTP to bring the smiles back.

Berocca and solpodene!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

I swear by dioralyte, effervescent panadol and high 5 zero effervescents and a caffeine gel (like cyclists / runners etc use)

all in one go... perfect recovery

also I'll be bringing some melatonin/5htp/valerian root tablets to sleep if I'm finding it hard...and maybe some valium

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brownek3

Is there any equivalent of EP's Rave in the woods at ATN?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

brownek3 wrote: »
    Is there any equivalent of EP's Rave in the woods at ATN?

Arcadia. Go towards the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

I'm also on my own, would appreciate a bit company over the weekend. Will join the boardsie group.
    Last year was my first festival, EP. Really enjoyed it, couldn't get over the scale and missed a lot of stuff. But it got a bit too edgy on Sunday with all the younger day trippers.

Anybody remember the 1970's version of EP?

They were called Peace Parties and they were free!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Just had Orbital confirmed from a very reliable source. Being announced on the day.

hugeglobe wrote:
    Just had Orbital confirmed from a very reliable source. Being announced on the day.

We've had it confirmed from a reliable source here since Friday! All hail seathrun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭rubick

hugeglobe wrote: »

Announced on the Friday of the festival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

rubick wrote: »
    Announced on the Friday of the festival?

I assume whatever day they're suspected to be playing. Apologies I haven't been following this thread to its entirety!

Advertisement