Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you have a scan through the source code, you can find Will's mobile number. :)

Will Softly?? :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Theres a Londis in general campsite.

For those walking to boutique from general, about 10 mins. If you're being dropped at blue gate (general) and walking to boutique, I'd defo bring a trolley.

We are bringing one anyway cause I'm fecked if I'm carrying all the booze + tent on first go. Staying in general. Still doing 2 trips. Always bring too much shyte :D

It's more like 20-30 mins walk from General to Boutique. You would certainly need a trolley

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    It's more like 20-30 mins walk from General to Boutique. You would certainly need a trolley

And its hillish too, uphill a bit anyway, not Glastonbury or Boomtown's hill of death proportions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

I've a theory.

Communication balls between ATN and Orbital.

ATN have them in for the Friday but through crossed wires Orbital thought it was Sunday, hence the wording of their post.

No there's backroom scrambling to find a solution.

Did the 5 pint guy confirm the day or just they were to play??

It's not unfathomable. Think back to Prince in Croker

Coz wrote: »
    I've a theory.

Communication balls between ATN and Orbital.

ATN have them in for the Friday but through crossed wires Orbital thought it was Sunday, hence the wording of their post.

No there's backroom scrambling to find a solution.

Did the 5 pint guy confirm the day or just they were to play??

It's not unfathomable. Think back to Prince in Croker

Where would they play on Sunday though, I presume the National play till midnight, there is never a late night on Sunday for the main stage and marquees (Jimmy Cliff being the exception because of a flight delay) and the blue tent last year wouldn't be capable of handling the Orbital fanbase much less Jon Hopkins as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I’m not seeing Kokoko on the clashfinder. Blind as a bat, or gone the way of PussyRiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

alastair wrote: »
    I’m not seeing Kokoko on the clashfinder. Blind as a bat, or gone the way of PussyRiot?

Visa issues unfortunately. Quietly removed a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭El Director

So no One Love area this year? :(

One Love is called All Kinds of Everything this year, nothing to do with Dana I'm glad to say. Go back two pages for the lineup, I posted the poster hosted by Sim Simma.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The All Kinds of Everything Stage seems to be a direct replacement for the One Love does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

What bags do you actually bring? Suitcase? Large backpack then handheld bags for your drinks?

My first festival and unsure what bag to bring all my stuff in and dont have a nanny trolley handy

And by trolley what kinda trolley?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Shop is in the main campsite about 2 mins from Main Stage and about 5 mins from Road to Nowhere.

So too far to walk to nearest village?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

What bags do you actually bring? Suitcase? Large backpack then handheld bags for your drinks?

My first festival and unsure what bag to bring all my stuff in and dont have a nanny trolley handy

Home store and more have a trolley for under a tenner. Strap everything to that.

Yup, apparently 6 KM to Portlaw which I think is actually closed off like the way Slane Village is during Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Where would they play on Sunday though

Oh I've no clue and if my addled musings turned out to be the case, I'd hate to be the one trying to fix that problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I have a big backpack, like the hiking kind. Mine is a Jack wolfskin one. Suitcases might be awkward on uneven terrain and likely more hassle than it's worth but I've seen people do it.

I use a heavy duty trolley, like the 4 wheel flat kind that you might use around the garden, good wide and sturdy wheels. Solid frame. Foldable for convenience. If the ground is dry you may get away with a granny trolley as you describe for shopping. I've seen many of them fall apart before the entrance to the campsite though so dont get a shyte one.

We always do two runs. First with trolley that has drink and tent and the backpacks (with clothes and the like) on our back. Then a second run with the trolley, prob only half full with things like sleeping bags, mattress, camping chairs,.. Could carry them by hand sure, but I'm lazy lol

I might have some bits and bobs in those bag for life shopping bags. Things like bin bags, loo roll, boots, .. in the trolley they go!

Enjoy your first festival!!

If you're driving, always handy to leave stuff you might not need in the car. But still bring it juuust in case

Edit: been going to festivals for many years and he trolley thing is relatively new routine cause I'm not getting any younger. This will be it's 4th outing and it's still good as new. Was a good investment but just to say you dont NEED one. But its handy.

It would be yea. Just curious what you want to go shop for that you can't bring or get on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Any idea who might be playing the 9.30 slot on Saturday on the Road to Nowhere stage? Showing up as another special guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Get an inflatable mattress for the love of god. Your neck will thank me next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Any idea who might be playing the 9.30 slot on Saturday on the Road to Nowhere stage? Showing up as another special guest.
    it was Soda Blonde earlier, the new band from 4 of the 5 members of Little Green Cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

RINO87 wrote: »
    Home store and more have a trolley for under a tenner. Strap everything to that.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/camping/folding-camping-trolley/066620.html

I'm getting one of these tomorrow. Should be fine once you don't overload it.

It would be yea. Just curious what you want to go shop for that you can't bring or get on site?

So, the shop is fairly well stocked??, have kids you see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Soda blonde according to festable?

kg703 wrote: »
    Get an inflatable mattress for the love of god. Your neck will thank me next Monday

Grew up in the benelux. Everyone I went to festivals with ALWAYS brought some type of mattress. Came to ireland and was called posh for bringing one. Was always a weird thing to me that at Irish festivals a lot of people choose to sleep on the ground (not grassy like where I'm from but pokey rocks).

All of to say, yes, get a mattress! It's a must if you want to feel halfway alive throughout the weekend

So, the shop is fairly well stocked??, have kids you see

Stocked of what? I dont have kids so I'm not sure what you need.

Shop sells fairly basic things like fruit bars drinks water ice coffee ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Thanks everyone.

That trolley looks perfect. But how would i go about getting that into storage on the bus? Just put it laying down?

:v

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Thanks everyone.

That trolley looks perfect. But how would i go about getting that into storage on the bus? Just put it laying down?

:v

Yes. It's foldable

Stocked of what? I dont have kids so I'm not sure what you need.

Shop sells fairly basic things like fruit bars drinks water ice coffee ...

Fresh milk, bread, ice

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Murph_2210

D.Q wrote: »
    Visa issues unfortunately. Quietly removed a while back

That's a shame. They sound brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Beat_Mark

ATN said on Facebook comments that there's been a tiny delay but all will be revealed very soon and worth the wait.

Advertisement