Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Fresh milk, bread, ice
    Milk and ice definitely. I think bread too but not 100% on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

My better half just told me that Orbital have been announced as headliners for Friday. Must be on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I have a big backpack, like the hiking kind. Mine is a Jack wolfskin one. Suitcases might be awkward on uneven terrain and likely more hassle than it's worth but I've seen people do it.

I use a heavy duty trolley, like the 4 wheel flat kind that you might use around the garden, good wide and sturdy wheels. Solid frame. Foldable for convenience. If the ground is dry you may get away with a granny trolley as you describe for shopping. I've seen many of them fall apart before the entrance to the campsite though so dont get a shyte one.

We always do two runs. First with trolley that has drink and tent and the backpacks (with clothes and the like) on our back. Then a second run with the trolley, prob only half full with things like sleeping bags, mattress, camping chairs,.. Could carry them by hand sure, but I'm lazy lol

I might have some bits and bobs in those bag for life shopping bags. Things like bin bags, loo roll, boots, .. in the trolley they go!

Enjoy your first festival!!

If you're driving, always handy to leave stuff you might not need in the car. But still bring it juuust in case

Edit: been going to festivals for many years and he trolley thing is relatively new routine cause I'm not getting any younger. This will be it's 4th outing and it's still good as new. Was a good investment but just to say you dont NEED one. But its handy.

Do you have a link to this trolley? Been having trouble finding a heavy duty 4 wheeler that folds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Coz wrote: »
    I've a theory.

Communication balls between ATN and Orbital.

ATN have them in for the Friday but through crossed wires Orbital thought it was Sunday, hence the wording of their post.

No there's backroom scrambling to find a solution.

Did the 5 pint guy confirm the day or just they were to play??

It's not unfathomable. Think back to Prince in Croker

Looks like I've got a new name.

Didn't ask the day as am off to EP but not ATN. However I'm pretty certain he said his DJ set was on the way home to Brighton so I'd be very surprised if Orbital weren't on Fri night. Their Twitter posting is likely missing a comma before the word AFTER.

gandalfio wrote: »
    Do you have a link to this trolley? Been having trouble finding a heavy duty 4 wheeler that folds.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/urban-escape-heavy-duty-folding-festival-trolleycart-4250-with-code-at-halfords-2969347

This is the one. I got it in Halfords last year I think, but they don't seem to be selling it this year. Takes 80 kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/urban-escape-heavy-duty-folding-festival-trolleycart-4250-with-code-at-halfords-2969347

This is the one. I got it in Halfords last year I think, but they don't seem to be selling it this year. Takes 80 kg.

Will be handy for bringing out corpses on Monday ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

What were the prices like in the bars last year? Pints of cider expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

all curious minds is almost an inconvenience :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RHarris95

Have 2 family camping tickets, looking to swap for atleast one general camping ticket

Edit: Dose anyone know if i can get into general camping with a family camping ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

pah wrote: »
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/camping/folding-camping-trolley/066620.html

I'm getting one of these tomorrow. Should be fine once you don't overload it.

Certainly do not overload it!! I had to walk from the boutique car park to meet mates in general last year, poor trolley did not survive the hill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shanec612

Anyone know if there are any areas with music going on past 3:30 am or does the whole place shut down at that stage? Seems a bit early.

EDIT: seems a bit early **

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

RHarris95 wrote: »
    Have 2 family camping tickets, looking to swap for atleast one general camping ticket

Edit: Dose anyone know if i can get into general camping with a family camping ticket?

Yes you can use family tickets to get into general camping but cannot use general camping tickets to get into family camping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

RHarris95 wrote: »

You should be fine, as if you turn up at the family campsite without kids you will be directed to the general campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can I access general camping from the arena, if I am staying in tangerine but have friends in gen pop

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭fillup

This is a pretty decent trolley - used it at B&S this year and saved a lot of trips (family camping I.e. loads of sh1te to haul in). Costs a few Bob more but you gets what ya pays for and so on

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7989825/Trail/searchtext%3EFestival.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

One Love is called All Kinds of Everything this year, nothing to do with Dana I'm glad to say. Go back two pages for the lineup, I posted the poster hosted by Sim Simma.

Awesome. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

Does anyone bring a fold out bed?
    Just found one of these in work today and thinking of bringing it (sans the mattress).

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3916146

fillup wrote: »
    This is a pretty decent trolley - used it at B&S this year and saved a lot of trips (family camping I.e. loads of sh1te to haul in). Costs a few Bob more but you gets what ya pays for and so on

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7989825/Trail/searchtext%3EFestival.htm

This one is really close if not the exact one I have, for the previous poster who asked what trolley I use.

They're really solid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

shanec612 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any areas with music going on past 3:30 am or does the whole place shut down at that stage? Seems a bit late

Just certain people's tents at that stage haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

Milk and ice definitely. I think bread too but not 100% on that

What about mixers like 2litre bottles of coke bottles of tonic etc? Would the shop have these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

What were the prices like in the bars last year? Pints of cider expensive?

https://imgur.com/a/xpu5eLs
    Can I access general camping from the arena, if I am staying in tangerine but have friends in gen pop

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frted

The Twitter post from Orbital

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Which campsite are all the solo campers heading to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

RINO87 wrote:
    Certainly do not overload it!! I had to walk from the boutique car park to meet mates in general last year, poor trolley did not survive the hill!

Can second this one, same thing happened me going through the forest in stradbally before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RHarris95

Thanks for the responses lads, putting my weary mind at ease haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

frted wrote: »
    The Twitter post from Orbital

What about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

shanec612 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any areas with music going on past 3:30 am or does the whole place shut down at that stage? Seems a bit early.

EDIT: seems a bit early **

Not last year anyway. Was a bit frustrating tbh. Maybe an unofficial rave in the trees hosted by boards.ie :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Sideview wrote: »
    Does anyone bring a fold out bed?
    Just found one of these in work today and thinking of bringing it (sans the mattress).

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3916146

Might be a bit rocky given you'll be likely be putting it on uneven ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Murph_2210

Just on the various named general campsites - any difference between them? At the end of long days I'd like to be able to conk out in relative peace. Any suggestions?

I got the tickets and mates didn't get the boutique camping until it was all sold out, still bitter 😂

Advertisement