Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Not last year anyway. Was a bit frustrating tbh. Maybe an unofficial rave in the trees hosted by boards.ie :cool:

Great idea. I will be carrying a bluetooth speaker if I want to party on so follow the tunes everyone! Any requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Murph_2210 wrote: »
    Just on the various named general campsites - any difference between them? At the end of long days I'd like to be able to conk out in relative peace. Any suggestions?

I got the tickets and mates didn't get the boutique camping until it was all sold out, still bitter 😂

Nah pure lucky dip really. Never going to be totally quiet, people were cool and respectable but it's still a festival so there's going to be late night/early morning revelry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Murph_2210

D.Q wrote: »
    Nah pure lucky dip really. Never going to be totally quiet, people were cool and respectable but it's still a festival so there's going to be late night/early morning revelry.

I can live with that. Just not getting any younger lol

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Wax ear plugs are a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

The back of last years general camp site was a decent bit further away from the main stage which might help a bit?

As someone else mentioned camp site last year was fairly chill. A buzz for those who want but I got decent kip every night without ear buds or anything like that. Main issue was roasting in the tent in the morning lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭fillup

That one has pneumatic wheels which the argos one I have doesn't
    Pneumatic are yer only man over real rough terrain- that one is a beast of a yoke as they say on the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Bring good earplugs. Someone had a fairly chunky speaker going 24/7 with some awful ****e where we were. Campsite was the low point for me last year. Some Oxegen-esque behaviour I'd thought I was done with encountering ten years ago. I'm hoping I've better luck this year.

Toast wrote: »
    Bring good earplugs. Someone had a fairly chunky speaker going 24/7 with some awful ****e where we were. Campsite was the low point for me last year. Some Oxegen-esque behaviour I'd thought I was done with encountering ten years ago. I'm hoping I've better luck this year.

Any chance that was right inside the main entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A lot of younger people going this year too.
    So it really will be lucky dip, but if you are camped in amongst them, it may be nice on the eyes, but the ears may take a pounding.
    Maybe not a lot, but I've seen a lot more (in terms of what I expected) mention going.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Oh wow sorry you had that experience! Sounds rough, mine was pretty much the opposite. We were in the middle of the campsite pretty much. At one of the paths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Looks like I've got a new name.

Apologies! But the thread is long and I was too tired to search!
    Thanks for the info.

Coz wrote: »
    Apologies! But the thread is long and I was too tired to search!
    Thanks for the info.

The thread is dark and full of terrors.

Any chance that was right inside the main entrance?

Not too far off. I'd say a 2 minute walk from the entrance.

The lads with the soundsystem were probably harmless other than being annoying. It was the feckers who smashed a glass bottle by our tent and were pissing in the campsite and having fights with each other that put me on edge.

Dunno if it was one of the same group but did also wake up 6am to go to the jacks to find 5 high viz security guards pegging it through the campsite after someone who they said was tent robbing. They'd lost him by the time they got near us and started asking all the people awake if they saw where he went. Don't think they got him but at least they were on to him.

There was also one other group who were just filthy feckers. lots of half eaten food smashed into the ground and a sea of cans. Had to wade through it to get out of our place each morning.

I'll head in a little further this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

We had tent robbers near us also.

I called it a night at midnight on the Friday night as I was wrecked after a long drive down and drinking a lot in too short a space of time. Woke up the next morning to see a clean rip down the inner netting of our tent, and when I pushed it together it was obviously initially from a cigarette burn and then pulled up by hand.

Obviously someone was looking to steal cans (the tent beside had 40 robbed) and whatever else, so instead of risking opening the zippers and being heard by people nearby, they pulled up the outer canvas slightly and tried to make their entry that way.

I guess they weren't banking on finding someone comatose that early (relatively speaking) and scarpered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was in overflow campsite last year which was very quiet and stuck beside a group who talked sh*te all night and we're playing a tin whistle got ages. Tame in comparison but that would nearly put me off going down the Friday other than I'm committed now to it. Think it's that side of the camping that would bother be the most. Id get over cold at night, warm in morning. Just the out luck of having annoying loud neighbours can be a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This sounds like a **** show. I'm out. Anyone want a ticket?

Not too far off. I'd say a 2 minute walk from the entrance.

The lads with the soundsystem were probably harmless other than being annoying. It was the feckers who smashed a glass bottle by our tent and were pissing in the campsite and having fights with each other that put me on edge.

Dunno if it was one of the same group but did also wake up 6am to go to the jacks to find 5 high viz security guards pegging it through the campsite after someone who they said was tent robbing. They'd lost him by the time they got near us and started asking all the people awake if they saw where he went. Don't think they got him but at least they were on to him.

There was also one other group who were just filthy feckers. lots of half eaten food smashed into the ground and a sea of cans. Had to wade through it to get out of our place each morning.

I'll head in a little further this time.

Yeah I was around the same area. Speaker was doing my ****ing head in by Sunday morning. Crazy frog. There was also a nastier group of lads, one of them was in a dinosaur costume I think, going around bothering people in their tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

What do ye use for a light in yer tents at nighttime?

Do ye just use a torch on your phone if needed?

I have a little torch yeah

Stillill42 wrote: »
    This sounds like a **** show. I'm out. Anyone want a ticket?

Was it the tin whistle that put you over the edge? :D

Seriously though the main festival was more than grand and a good vibe and why I am going back. In the end no one actually interfered with us or our stuff. I had just hoped with freeflow and an allegedly more mature festival people would show the place and other punters some respect. Sounds like I might have just gotten unlucky too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seriously though the main festival was more than grand and a good vibe and why I am going back. In the end no one actually interfered with us or our stuff. I had just hoped with freeflow and an allegedly more mature festival people would show the place and other punters some respect. Sounds like I might have just gotten unlucky too.

I'm joking of course. I'm sorry to hear of your bother, I think it's the first hassle I've heard of in relation to last year. There's no escaping the assholes, I guess. May your campsite be blessed this year, Toast and your clashes be
    minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It nearly sent me over the edge after a weekend listening to it. :P Was highly tempted to ask to play a tune and feck it as far as I could over the nearest fence..!

Ah that's it, there'll always be a small minority of gob*****es unfortunately at these things. Think you get a good sense after being to a few, the vibe from a group. All pot luck which neighbours you get but don't have to be besties with them to make sure they would keep an eye on your tent when you're not about and vice versa. I never keep valuables in my tent unless Im there so if someone robs my drink feck it! It's more the noise that does my head in but definitely getting earplugs this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I have a little torch yeah

What do you use to find the torch in the dark?
    Your phone, or an even smaller torch

What is the story with checks between the campsite and arena? Is it like EP etc where you get patted down and bags searched etc? Trying to decide what to carry me bag o cans in for the weekend.

BadTurtle wrote: »

What is the story with checks between the campsite and arena? Is it like EP etc where you get patted down and bags searched etc? Trying to decide what to carry me bag o cans in for the weekend.

Haha yeah it's a Russian doll situation. Just smaller torch after smaller torch. I keep it in the pocket of the tent so always reaching for the same place.

No checks at all between campsite and arena. Just a flash of the wristband

You probably don't want to be using your phone battery much if you can help it.

I got a cheap thing from Flying Tiger before which was a little popup tent lantern.. think it was 3 quid. Was kinda meh but worked. Dunno if it is still in stock.

Homestore and more also have a variety of lanterns and head torches all for 3 quid.

If you've an okish tent you might be able to hang the lantern off the inside of the roof if you don't mind smacking your head off it every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

BadTurtle wrote: »

Eh it's free flow, you can bring your booze anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭danois

Only issue we had in campsite last year was some twat repeatedly shouting Has anyone for a half ounce of the Sneachta. I swear I must have heard it about 200 times! The speakers and music doesn’t bother me. I’ll either walk until I find the source and sit and have a drink with them or just ignore and sleep. I’m lucky tho can sleep through anything. In the family campsite this year so I’m guessing will be calmer.

Any one suggest some good ear defenders for kids? Bringing my nephew and although he loves music and party’s he can have sensory issues with loud noise or unexpected noise. So I’m thinking be an idea to have them just in case.

Thanks all.

danois wrote: »
    Only issue we had in campsite last year was some twat repeatedly shouting Has anyone for a half ounce of the Sneachta.

You can blame versatile for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

All this campsite horror story stuff makes me glad of the caravan.

/end_gloat

For lights in tents you can use those little push LED lamps. If there is a net pocket put them in there.

I used to always camp for about 15 years, and have not got one bad story of neighbors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

shanec612 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any areas with music going on past 3:30 am or does the whole place shut down at that stage? Seems a bit early.

EDIT: seems a bit early **

I suppose you'll make yer own after that, there will be plenty of sounds in the campsites with people using their own devices, that was the cut off time for last year, Arcadia was the last thing to finish. B&S more or less shut down at that time too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement