Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Would you need wellies if it's going to be showery (but not mega heavy) as it will likely end up being?

Depends, how much rain will fall (mm) in how short a space of time, what's the condition of ground, drainage, footfall etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Depends, how much rain will fall (mm) in how short a space of time, what's the condition of ground, drainage, footfall etc

Id say that walkway from the house up the hill to the main arena would be MEGA boggy !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Would you need wellies if it's going to be showery (but not mega heavy) as it will likely end up being?

Hard to tell how the ground will cope with rain. It was dry as a bone last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Prolonged rain will make that long, long sloped walkway down to the house very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

No complaints about anything, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Emob313

Rain has moved to Monday according to latest forecast :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was gonna stick in boots as a compromise! Don't have runners I want to bin so gonna travel down in runners and if it's showery , might throw them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

That's him. We need his input here.

This was his forecast this morning:

"FRIDAY will be sunny with increasing cloud, isolated showers by evening in west. Lows near 8 C and highs near 23 C.

SATURDAY will bring showers (about 5 mm rain expected) and highs near 20 C.

SUNDAY will be partly cloudy with showers and highs near 19 C. "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Emob313 wrote: »
    Rain has moved to Monday according to latest forecast :-)

nuh-uh, nice belt of it on Saturday night/Sunday morning, at the moment....

ukprec.png

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

Better to bring them than to not. There was a similar enough forecast for B&S and that got pretty squelchy pretty quickly on Sunday. Regretted not bringing mine from the car before it was too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Latest met model has worst of rain coming in early Saturday morning and clearing by late morning early afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

All these horror stories from the campsite is shocking. Had the best time last year, at ATN18. no issues with the campsite and our neighbors were great laugh. Our area left no trace of trash as well when leaving, everything picked up when we packed.

I think its just luck of the draw where you camp, that you don't get little ****ers camping near you unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

Met Eireann for Portlaw just now have it dry Friday, some showers Sat afternoon, but nothing major, like only 1mm and dry Sunday! Its graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Columc wrote: »
    All these horror stories from the campsite is shocking. Had the best time last year, at ATN18. no issues with the campsite and our neighbors were great laugh. Our area left no trace of trash as well when leaving, everything picked up when we packed.

I think its just luck of the draw where you camp, that you don't get little ****ers camping near you unfortunately.
    unfortunately it just takes one tent/group of bellends playing music at 6am or leaving crap thrown around the place to sour it for multiple others around them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

This is legit the first I heard of anything happening in the campsite last year. Like Colmuc our area stayed clean all weekend everyone was very respectful of everyone else there was the usual noise but nothing to the point where it negatively effected the weekend.

Hopefully similar this year too.

Its all down to those neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Any tips on the best spot to aim for camping-wise so?

I know it's the luck of the draw with regards to neighbours unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Re the weather - I’m not going to obsess about it, just get on site Friday and take it as it comes. But I do get it being a hot topic of conversation as it is a national pass time!

Re the campsite last year - it was lovely for us. Very respectful neighbours, best experience at a festival yet. But as others have eluded to its down to a bit of luck but I feel at ATN the odds of getting a bunch of d1cks near you is far less than EP for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Last year, we were camped close to the main entrance, near the showers/food places and the only noisy night for me was the Sunday, a mini-party started up the hill a bit that went on until the morning. I actually felt sorry for the whole lot of them, having to endure a car journey in that state in a few hours :D

Our neighbours were all great last year - The crowd in general were great! My husband tends to lock the tent up like fort knocks since our last EP (2012), we had all our drink nicked and neighbours around us were robbed of cash and ahem other stuff. Better safe than sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think the festival is still too much in it's infancy for any campsite to have a reputation as a quiet area or an area for younger campers ala EP. It is complete luck of the draw I guess. I always find it is a thin line between sound neighbours and nightmares, I got sick of my own group of friends last year at times because they were playing music and still up drinking when I wanted to go to bed!

Some lad rocked up to our campsite at about 5am playing the worst music I've ever heard, could hear a few people have a go at him as they were trying to sleep. Didn't see any hassle though or notice any undesirables around the place last year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Its always a trade off:

1. Close to arena = more noise but shorter walk
    2. Close to path is convenient but also convenient for people who want to fall over drunk
    3. Near a tree or fence is good to help locate your tent, but people do be urinating on these things. Seriously, people are dogs (except if I do it, then Im just bursting)
    4. Getting all your pals together vs having less of a session etc.

My plan is to go middle for all these things. Near the paths arena and trees but not too near.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

A good chance general campsite will be a lot bigger than last year.
    I would guess that the louder neighbours would camp closer to the main arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Latest met model has worst of rain coming in early Saturday morning and clearing by late morning early afternoon

That would be ideal, no hot sun so would get a little lie in Sat morning before the madness starts again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It really needs to be sunny for late Sunday afternoon, early Sunday evening. The Wailers and Bombay Bicycle Club in the rain just doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

What time are Dublin peeps planning on heading down? I've the Friday off so going to try my best to leave at 11/12 to beat the afternoon traffic. ATN mentioned a warning about roadworks at Naas, which i drove through last weekend and aren't really bad at all, just a bit of slowing down.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

hugeglobe wrote: »
    What time are Dublin peeps planning on heading down? I've the Friday off so going to try my best to leave at 11/12 to beat the afternoon traffic. ATN mentioned a warning about roadworks at Naas, which i drove through last weekend and aren't really bad at all, just a bit of slowing down.

Sometimes they get bad and slow to a crawl. Last EP I was actually stopped like in M50 rush hour traffic. But never kore than 20 mins Id say.

As to when to leave, 9am sharp to get there at 11.57

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I can remember last year, not being able to buy any bottles of watery, you had to get the reusable cartons. Did that extend to soft drinks as well? Doing the drinks shopping today and wondering if I need to buy mixer or if I can get it down there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

9fa9d3cb4975806b7fda36ac1dcde6a36314b039.gif

- Campsite horror stories are rare.
    - There will be very limited showers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Coz wrote: »
    Apologies! But the thread is long and I was too tired to search!
    Thanks for the info.

No need for apologies, was kidding, would enjoy that new name if only I could stop after five pints.

The post was on the Picnic thread anyway. Have a great ATN, love the lineup, wish I was heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It really needs to be sunny for late Sunday afternoon, early Sunday evening. The Wailers and Bombay Bicycle Club in the rain just doesn't work.

If I don't get to see 'it's always like this' in the sun, heads will roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Anyone know if the vendors will all accept card or if there will be many ATM points, trying to figure out how much cash i will need to bring. Also how do the charging stations work, is it a set fee for a set time of charge?

Advertisement