Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewTab

Hi all - does anyone have experience from last year, or anyone know, what the scenario would be if you were to leave, and come back to, the festival each day?

We live nearby in Waterford anyway, and have a few medicine routines which are just easier to do at home when possible - so hoping to return home each evening, and head out each morning.

Any insight on if there's any best parking area, or suggestions on this, would be appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

NewTab wrote: »
    Hi all - does anyone have experience from last year, or anyone know, what the scenario would be if you were to leave, and come back to, the festival each day?

We live nearby in Waterford anyway, and have a few medicine routines which are just easier to do at home when possible - so hoping to return home each evening, and head out each morning.

Any insight on if there's any best parking area, or suggestions on this, would be appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

You can definitely do this. Just make sure to bring in all your free flow booze on first entry. Stick it in a popup tent for Saturday and SUnday.

No idea on the parking side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Thanks for the help!

Theres no problem.
    I had to work on the sat morning last year, just walked out, and showed wrist band to get back in

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

hope80 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the vendors will all accept card or if there will be many ATM points, trying to figure out how much cash i will need to bring. Also how do the charging stations work, is it a set fee for a set time of charge?

There was an ATM machine in the courtyard, where the comedy tent was last year …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Thanks for the help!

You can enter and re-enter no problem, but just be mindful that you can only bring alcohol in once. So perhaps leave that with a friend, put up a tent and leave it in there, or I think you can get lockers on site. Will leave it to someone else to advise best car parking options :)

• Advertisement

hope80 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the vendors will all accept card or if there will be many ATM points, trying to figure out how much cash i will need to bring. Also how do the charging stations work, is it a set fee for a set time of charge?

the old adage I remember was:

Take half the clothes you think you need and twice the cash you think you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone been in Tesco yesterday or today. Are they still the cheapest for slabs of beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone been in Tesco yesterday or today. Are they still the cheapest for slabs of beer?

From what I've seen, yes. Seem to have more options than most too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

mojesius wrote: »
    Last year, we were camped close to the main entrance, near the showers/food places and the only noisy night for me was the Sunday, a mini-party started up the hill a bit that went on until the morning. I actually felt sorry for the whole lot of them, having to endure a car journey in that state in a few hours :D

Our neighbours were all great last year - The crowd in general were great! My husband tends to lock the tent up like fort knocks since our last EP (2012), we had all our drink nicked and neighbours around us were robbed of cash and ahem other stuff. Better safe than sorry!

Out of curiosity, how does he make it like Fort Knox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

D.Q wrote: »
    I can remember last year, not being able to buy any bottles of watery, you had to get the reusable cartons. Did that extend to soft drinks as well? Doing the drinks shopping today and wondering if I need to buy mixer or if I can get it down there

I'm pretty sure no plastic bottles are on sale - that's the whole point of banning single use plastics and selling water in cartons. I guess there will be cans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Current deal in Dunnes. 37841886_1934173543295355_905541219537387520_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlWIVbjXQwCkDax7BNlzpreR1wxWULQ3UYiVYsnVvnGl9M2TF6MHPur4ff0Pj9xUBA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=ca8d4b22a2784a22176a6f31280d4300&oe=5D9FF641

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Kinda nuts there’s still no announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I for one am chuffed and relieved this forum has taught me the error of my ways wanting to see a schedule prior to a festival.

Such naivety on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wooderson wrote: »
    I for one am chuffed and relieved this forum has taught me the error of my ways wanting to see a schedule prior to a festival.

Such naivety on my part.

Jesus christ haha let it go. You're like the world's worst super villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Wooderson wrote: »

Such naivety on my part.

Yes, I agree it's very late, but we have a schedule.

http://clashfinder.com/s/atn2019/

Would you ever stop moaning about the same thing on every page? We get it. It's late. Somebody get this guy a medal for calling it. That might shut him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Kiasmos are a must see people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Whether the stage times / map was released a month ago or today will not affect the weekend for me in any way. I am just curious and impatient and would like to know. But don't need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Sometimes they get bad and slow to a crawl. Last EP I was actually stopped like in M50 rush hour traffic. But never kore than 20 mins Id say.

As to when to leave, 9am sharp to get there at 11.57
    it often seems busy for the first few hours after they open the gates. Then there can be a lull around 3 to 4. I'm gonna aim to arrive around 230 to 3

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

How's traffic for this approaching from Cork on Friday?

Would I be better off going up the motorway to Cahir and down from there, or east via Dungarvan?

Google Maps says 1.5-2 hours to get to Curraghmore House from Cork on a Friday evening, how much extra should I add to that to allow for festival traffic?

I'm touch and go as to whether I'll get off work early on Friday, so I'll be leaving Cork at six, I really want to get there, have the tent set up and be in the arena in time for Fontaines at 9.30.

• Advertisement

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    How's traffic for this approaching from Cork on Friday?

Would I be better off going up the motorway to Cahir and down from there, or east via Dungarvan?

Google Maps says 1.5-2 hours to get to Curraghmore House from Cork on a Friday evening, how much extra should I add to that to allow for festival traffic?

I'm touch and go as to whether I'll get off work early on Friday, so I'll be leaving Cork at six, I really want to get there, have the tent set up and be in the arena in time for Fontaines at 9.30.

Definitely through Dungarvan. Much more direct. Last year we drove from Dungarvan and were on site with caravan parked 40 minutes later. That was early afternoon Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Whether the stage times / map was released a month ago or today will not affect the weekend for me in any way. I am just curious and impatient and would like to know. But don't need to know

I'm the same as. I'd love to have everything early and ATN are quite late releasing it, but it's gonna be an unreal weekend regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Kiasmos are a must see people!!

Saturday is crazy good. I've got a list of...

4.30pm-5.30pm: Kojaque
    6.30pm-7.30pm: Just Mustard
    7.45pm-8.45pm: Father John Misty
    9.30pm-10.45pm: Patti Smith
    10.45pm-11.45pm: Kiasmos
    11.45pm-1am: Hot Chip
    12.15am-1.40am: Jon Hopkins

I'm disgusted by the overlap in the last three - probably missing the start and end of Kiasmos for Patti Smith and Hot Chip, and only getting half an hour of Jon Hopkins, if its even possible to get into the tent. Having Kiasmos, Hot Chip and Jon Hopkins like that just seems like bad scheduling IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'm disgusted by the overlap in the last three - probably missing the start and end of Kiasmos for Patti Smith and Hot Chip, and only getting half an hour of Jon Hopkins, if its even possible to get into the tent. Having Kiasmos, Hot Chip and Jon Hopkins like that just seems like bad scheduling IMO.

Very similar Saturday to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

ATN have started replying to a lot of folk on twitter over the last few minutes...hopefully a sign of an imminent announcement (ever the optimist).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

There was no way they could put Jon Hopkins in the tent if he wasn't overlapping with Hot Chip, security would have to shut it down.

Should be main stage really after Hot Chip.

Perhaps the re-released schedule will address all these issues :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not being much of a man for the electronic stuff, I'll be down to the Over the HaHa after Patti for Mick Flannery, then David Keenan and finally Kelly-Ann Byrne's Prince tribute. So much variety on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Saw a posting on indeed.ie for a town cryer.

"Must have loud voice and be able to pronounce Ólafur Arnalds."

I reckon thats the hold up folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 anon19008

Has a map been released yet of the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

anon19008 wrote: »
    Has a map been released yet of the area?

Nope. This is the main thing I'm waiting for as the stage times/special guest are pretty much confirmed.

Advertisement