Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smellysock99

How strict are they with ID? I'm 20 and I just realised today it's over 21s :(

Is there a point chancing it or should I just try to sell the ticket asap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No personal experience on that but id say theyre unlikely to check IDs going in unless you look under 18. I dont remember ever having my Id checked at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Heiser wrote: »
    Problem with that is Kiasmos usually play Bent last which is epic live and you'll miss it. It's a shame but I've decided to miss Hot Chip and stay in the tent for Kiasmos and Hopkins

Firstly, yes, Kiasmos are a must (for me). I think it depends somewhat on how fast you can run in fairness. I'm giving Father John a miss, and will try to listen to what Patti says spoken word like, followed by her set in its entirety, possibly finishing with "People Have the Power".
    A quick run to Kiasmos, as they start their set, stay in its entirety again, and a sprint after to Hot Chip, while they open her up with "Huarache Lights" if they follow recent set lists.
    Then, the clincher...assess the vibe at Hot Chip...good, I stay, bad, well, off to Jon for the start. Tried to get into Jon Hopkins a few years back at EP half way through--just didn't work, either getting into it, or into the tent!

With all of this, my pre-planning never really goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Firstly, yes, Kiasmos are a must (for me). I think it depends somewhat on how fast you can run in fairness. I'm giving Father John a miss, and will try to listen to what Patti says spoken word like, followed by her set in its entirety, possibly finishing with "People Have the Power".
    A quick run to Kiasmos, as they start their set, stay in its entirety again, and a sprint after to Hot Chip, while they open her up with "Huarache Lights" if they follow recent set lists.
    Then, the clincher...assess the vibe at Hot Chip...good, I stay, bad, well, off to Jon for the start. Tried to get into Jon Hopkins a few years back at EP half way through--just didn't work, either getting into it, or into the tent!

Hopkins set really started to take off about 20 mins in at Glastonbury. Reached escape velocity for the Two Dancers remix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads, the Patti spoken word thing is going to be in a tiny tent. I'd say you'll have to be there way in advance to get a look at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Wooderson wrote: »

Hopkins set really started to take off about 20 mins in at Glastonbury. Reached escape velocity for the Two Dancers remix.

He played Everything Connected early on in the set though didn't he? That bass needs to be experienced live. When he played it in Vicar St the bass was so heavy the cable in the roof for the visuals disconnected and we had to do without visuals for the rest of the set!

The Bus Eireann tickets seem to be sold out.... and I don't have a bus ticket, how do I get down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

When he played it in Vicar St the bass was so heavy the cable in the roof for the visuals disconnected and we had to do without visuals for the rest of the set!

Is that why the visuals croaked? Yeah that really ruined the flow of the set when they had to stop for ages. Hoping to get the full hypnotic experience this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

When he played it in Vicar St the bass was so heavy the cable in the roof for the visuals disconnected and we had to do without visuals for the rest of the set!

Is that why the visuals croaked? Yeah that really ruined the flow of the set when they had to stop for ages. Hoping to get the full hypnotic experience this weekend!

Yep. He put it up on his Twitter afterwards.

His set at body and soul last year was incredible, totally hypnotic! I'm glad it's in a tent too as it will sound better and doesn't matter if it pisses rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

2 litres of spirits in supervalu €40 with the 10 off 50 euro voucher you can get if you download the app!!

If theres no plastic at the festival what do they serve beer in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I don’t know what to do about the Jon Hopkins / Hot Chip overlap. I saw JH this year at Forbidden Fruit and I’m dying to see him again.

But at the same time, I’ve never seen Hot Chip and always seem to miss them at fests.

Was planning to do the first half of Hot Chip and leg it over but from all accounts here it sounds like I might not be able to fit in the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

2 litres of spirits in supervalu €40 with the 10 off 50 euro voucher you can get if you download the app!!

If theres no plastic at the festival what do they serve beer in?

Biodegradable plastic glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Your cupped hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

Served in a dirty wellie

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

I don’t know what to do about the Jon Hopkins / Hot Chip overlap. I saw JH this year at Forbidden Fruit and I’m dying to see him again.

But at the same time, I’ve never seen Hot Chip and always seem to miss them at fests.

Was planning to do the first half of Hot Chip and leg it over but from all accounts here it sounds like I might not be able to fit in the tent.

Yeah it's a big clash. I see Jon Hopkins is in Cork for a DJ set next month. I presume his live set is much better? Have seen Hot Chip twice so may just catch a few songs of theirs before heading across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

The Bus Eireann tickets seem to be sold out.... and I don't have a bus ticket, how do I get down there?

Get any bus down to Waterford bus station, there are buses leaving to the festival from there every 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

it's served in man's hat

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

So this melodic wood thing any idea what it is, apart from being sponsored by Coca Cola?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

it's served in man's hat

DAMMIT - curse my slow forumming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

hibsman wrote: »
    Yeah it's a big clash. I see Jon Hopkins is in Cork for a DJ set next month. I presume his live set is much better? Have seen Hot Chip twice so may just catch a few songs of theirs before heading across.

I haven’t seen his DJ set the live set is super immersive - he builds it up so well. The bass is something else on some of the tracks too, you wouldn’t realise it from listening to the albums but live it’s a different animal!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

I haven’t seen his DJ set the live set is super immersive - he builds it up so well. The bass is something else on some of the tracks too, you wouldn’t realise it from listening to the albums but live it’s a different animal!

That's me sold. As good as hot chip are it's probably always a good rule to go with the act you haven't seen before if torn between two. Saturday and Sunday look to be 2 great days of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Given they are promising the timetables and map imminently, when do we think it's actually going to happen?

Tomorrow 9am is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So this melodic wood thing any idea what it is, apart from being sponsored by Coca Cola?

This intrigued me too.. The wooded area was very cool last year where all of the crafts were. Apart from going for a wander there didn't seem to be much reason to go down there last year however so it would be nice if there was something cool down there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

it often seems busy for the first few hours after they open the gates. Then there can be a lull around 3 to 4. I'm gonna aim to arrive around 230 to 3

My secret shame is that I like hanging around waiting for the campsite to open, then running in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Given they are promising the timetables and map imminently, when do we think it's actually going to happen?

Tomorrow 9am is my guess.

Think I just broke my nose with the palm of my own hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the what now?

I know Melodic, the promoters/DJs, are running the All My Friends stage on Saturday night?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1191489081040223/permalink/1192299897625808/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Kiasmos are a must see people!!

Was in good spirits and saw them when they were at the Beatyard, absolutely class, great to dance to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

the what now?

I know Melodic, the promoters/DJs, are running the All My Friends stage on Saturday night?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1191489081040223/permalink/1192299897625808/

i'm guessing its a ATN's version of rave in the woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

the what now?

This thing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0iiBy8D8Ig/

Advertisement