Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

miller82 wrote: »
    i'm guessing its a ATN's version of rave in the woods

I can't see any other rave going up against arcadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

D.Q wrote: »
    I can't see any other rave going up against arcadia.

hhhhmmm fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Right folks, can anyone with any local knowledge recommend any DJs/live acts on the line-up that play drum 'n bass/jungle?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

rubick wrote: »
    Right folks, can anyone with any local knowledge recommend any DJs/live acts on the line-up that play drum 'n bass/jungle?

I'm interested in this too. DnB has been my poison since my teen years and is one of the only genres I've consistently come back to over and over again.

There was none last year, bar some jungle in the wedding chapel thing which wasn't really a place to dance but I did anyway.

As far as I'm aware I havent spotted any this year either.

Sim Simma One Love stage came close last year on occasion, but the tunes played there were very diverse. Can't remember what they've renamed the stage to this year (All kinds of everything maybe? ) but checked out some of the DJs and wasn't able to spot an amen break anywhere.

I'll be getting my bass kicks from Or:la, nite fleit and ben ufo mainly. Pity Ben ufo is playing soOoOoo late on the Sunday, will need to take it easy cause driving the next day. He's so good tho that I'd probably be buzzing while sober regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Does anyone know if the inflatable church is there again this year?

• Advertisement

dmm82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the inflatable church is there again this year?

Havent seen any mention of it, but I'm not sure if we knew last year either until the map was out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DVB1980

So this melodic wood thing any idea what it is, apart from being sponsored by Coca Cola?

House / techno I think. That will be my base camp

I'm interested in this too. DnB has been my poison since my teen years and is one of the only genres I've consistently come back to over and over again.

I'll just have to wing it and hope I hear some randomly over the weekend. All about hearing some mighty bassline and glorious breaks, running towards it and it's a burger van throwing it out '96 style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There was no way they could put Jon Hopkins in the tent if he wasn't overlapping with Hot Chip, security would have to shut it down.

Should be main stage really after Hot Chip.

Perhaps the re-released schedule will address all these issues :eek:

Case in point, Richie Hawtin in 2012 in the Little Big Tent at EP, twas ludicrous, tent was packed right out and security started doing two in, two out policy. That didn't last long as folk got fed up waiting and jumping the barrier and in under the tent before security could act, it was entertaining to watch.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

rubick wrote: »
    I'll just have to wing it and hope I hear some randomly over the weekend. All about hearing some mighty bassline and glorious breaks, running towards it and it's a burger van throwing it out '96 style :D

You and me both. That was me 100% last year at the wedding chapel/inflatable church :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

Sim Simma One Love stage came close last year on occasion, but the tunes played there were very diverse. Can't remember what they've renamed the stage to this year (All kinds of everything maybe? ) but checked out some of the DJs and wasn't able to spot an amen break anywhere.

Below is taken from their Facebook event page. I reckon their has to be some in there at some stage.

"The concept of our stage is to lead you through the evolution and innovation of dance music, showing in particular how communities from around the world have grown and experimented with different influences, styles and genres.

Every artist featured is part of an exciting new scene in Irish music and club culture, each pushing their own innovative sound to create something different that resonates with people right now.

During the day you can expect to hear plenty of early roots reggae, cumbia, mento, highlife, calypso and afrobeat from the Caribbean, West Africa and South America. When day turns to night, we will be showcasing hybrid styles of hip hop, grime, jungle, drum n bass, dancehall, afrobeats, footwork, kuduro and baile funk pioneered by collectives and labels across the globe."

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Below is taken from their Facebook event page. I reckon their has to be some in there at some stage.

"The concept of our stage is to lead you through the evolution and innovation of dance music, showing in particular how communities from around the world have grown and experimented with different influences, styles and genres.

Every artist featured is part of an exciting new scene in Irish music and club culture, each pushing their own innovative sound to create something different that resonates with people right now.

During the day you can expect to hear plenty of early roots reggae, cumbia, mento, highlife, calypso and afrobeat from the Caribbean, West Africa and South America. When day turns to night, we will be showcasing hybrid styles of hip hop, grime, jungle, drum n bass, dancehall, afrobeats, footwork, kuduro and baile funk pioneered by collectives and labels across the globe."

Ahh cool thanks for that. Will float in that direction so :D

Ah nice one there - I hadn't actually seen the blurb for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Yeah, I wonder if John Reynolds' abscence this year has caused some growing pains for the less experienced (?) people running the show now.

Is it not Aiken Promotions who are running it now, they've put on fairly large events before, I don't know if they have done much camping festivals before, usually single day events.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is it not Aiken Promotions who are running now, they've put on fairly large events before, I don't know if they have done much camping festivals before, usually single day events.

Its POD, logo on the website at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DVB1980

Posting this again, so apologies for repeating myself. Any ides on campsites where a bit of late night noise/music/sh1te talk won't be frowned upon?

DVB1980 wrote: »
    Posting this again, so apologies for repeating myself. Any ides on campsites where a bit of late night noise/music/sh1te talk won't be frowned upon?

Impossible to know based on it only being year 2. Campsite is likely to be different than last year too to fix issues and hold more people.

Safest bet is near the arena entrance maybe?

I like a decent kip cause it's what keeps me going but it is a festival after all, so if you were my neighbour I wouldn't give a flying **** if you were noisy. That's just me tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

DVB1980 wrote: »
    please let us know where you camp, so I can camp far away from you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

anon19008 wrote: »
    They're pretty good. Any other suggestions with that kind of sound? I'm craic first, music second, so any decent music is a bonus for me!

i think kiasmos will be great - depends on your taste though

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

App is live!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greencopper.alltogethernow&gl=IE

Edit: With map! They've moved a lot of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah its a festival at the end of the day, camp wherever and enjoy yourself, obviously dont go out of where your way to ruin someone else's experience, but people shouldnt be going expecting to get a sound nights sleep, and if they do need it, they should have booked Tangerine fields or the pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

Map??

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Orbital definitely Friday according to App

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

Did anyone have any experience taking taxis to and from the site last year? I ended up booking a hotel so just wondering how easy it will be getting back to my room at night

where are you staying?

bus eireann are running buses from and to waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

RINO87 wrote: »
    Map??

It's not a drawn out map thats on the app, its like a google map type one with pins dropped like Pablo has posted before I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

the state of that map

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

beecee wrote: »
    App is live!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greencopper.alltogethernow&gl=IE

Edit: With map! They've moved a lot of stuff

not showing in my play store ?!? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

the state of that map

It feels unfinished alright. Hard to use.

I hope to god they havent put all the toilets on the map cause there are **** all in general camping.

Otherwise, serious changes in layout, stages in very different places which I'm liking. Bar the UX it looks good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Someone post the ****ty map!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It feels unfinished alright. Hard to use.

I hope to god they havent put all the toilets on the map cause there are **** all in general camping.

Otherwise, serious changes in layout, stages in very different places which I'm liking. Bar the UX it looks good imo

Belonging bandstand moved into the woods by the looks of it

Advertisement