Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I'm so surprised theres still no official announcements. We will be sipping our first couple of cans in 3 days.

Thank god for all ye crafty boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

the bloody map .. so close and yet so far .. why not just overlay it on the google satellite view instead of overlaying it on some ****ty (not to scale??) drawn image?

It looks like an easy enough job to edit my map from last year and plug it into Festable... will give that a go tonight.

You are the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Orbital definitely the Friday, had a picture of the two lads with the lights in the special guest spot on the main stage Friday. Now changed to a picture of the main stage. Wtf are they at 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DVB1980

please let us know where you camp, so I can camp far away from you :p

You can run, but you can't hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I wouldn't trust the scale on the map tbh. It looks like the SKOW stage will be bigger than last year and the Road to Nowhere stage is the same place (and size?) as last year's SKOW.

To be fair both of these tents weren't very big last year, and as seeing they tripled the volume of tickets , it makes sense that they should be much bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

Honestly, considering it was the first year here were only minor issues such as not enough toilets, shuttle bus etc. Site itself was really well organised in my opinion. I seem to remember pr and marketing weren't great last year either and for me it was in no way a reflection of how the actual festival was run

i wasn't there last year but my bro was and he had a blast!

Q - were the attendees happy or not with the shuttle bus situation from portlaw last year?

ATN say that feedback said they weren't - hence they have changed the system this year.. (must to Portlaw's dismay)

Inflatable church is back, it's on the map as "Activity". As is the "Melodic Woods" btw, so still not totally sure what that's about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

I'm eying this up, have a few friends in boutique. Is there much of a slope in the campsite?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Presuming the camping area is greatly expanded this year? It wasn't big enough last year and this year as an extra 5-8k people at it.

Just bought myself some wellies as I can't find mine, and the forecast is getting worse by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ATN just confirmed to me on Facebook that they are using larger marquees this year, so all good. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

jmauel wrote: »
    To be fair both of these tents weren't very big last year, and as seeing they tripled the volume of tickets , it makes sense that they should be much bigger!

Tripled? Went from 15k to 20k I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Tripled the tickets?

They went from 15k to 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emob313

greenspurs wrote: »
    Opened on browser on my phone, clicked on the App link …. nothing ….. :o
    I can't get the app either via the website or directly on playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

hibsman wrote: »
    That's me sold. As good as hot chip are it's probably always a good rule to go with the act you haven't seen before if torn between two. Saturday and Sunday look to be 2 great days of music.

I'm in same conundrum - I'll be seeing Hot Chip in Olympia in October. I saw Jon Hopkins at B&S last year and previously in tent at EP, he was amazing. Tent atmosphere will top last year's main stage performance I'm inclined to think.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Hoboo wrote: »
    Orbital definitely the Friday, had a picture of the two lads with the lights in the special guest spot on the main stage Friday. Now changed to a picture of the main stage. Wtf are they at ��

Live from the ATN PR Room:

homer-cereal-fire-gif-8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It didnt triple. Dont pull figures out of yer hole and act like theyre facts ffs.

pah wrote: »
    I'm eying this up, have a few friends in boutique. Is there much of a slope in the campsite?

This wasnt part of the campsite last year so this is a wait and see job I think

sporina wrote: »
    i wasn't there last year but my bro was and he had a blast!

Q - were the attendees happy or not with the shuttle bus situation from portlaw last year?

ATN say that feedback said they weren't - hence they have changed the system this year.. (must to Portlaw's dismay)

Yea I think the feedback was that the times weren't good and portlaw town was overrun?

I don't really know though, I'm my own shuttle bus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

lol awe now... lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

pah wrote: »
    Tripled the tickets?

They went from 15k to 20k

Think.they sold 12k tickets last year it didn't sell out, an extra 8k on site this year will be a noticeable difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from looking at the map, it seems like the general campsite will be in a different place this year?
    map says the Both Sides Now campsite goes all the way around the far side of the woods from the main stage/Something Kind of Wonderful stage field? All the way around to the Podpad/Tangerine Fields area...

unless they've cut down a good few trees, I don't really see how it's possible...

Maybe 2 separate fields, slightly divided by trees (which aren't on the map)?

56191710_465479567326519_1684950319059499056_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net

66506950_148352532891785_3518489562778614042_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net

using last year's map, it would appear that the great big green space in the bottom right (to the right of the logo), is now general camping?

37851590_489284124828276_6965555583873187840_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Bring cash, queues for ATMs at festivals are always extremely long.
    Not sure about vendors taking card, Knockanstockan said their vendors were taking cards but no one I ordered from were taking it.

I'm getting a lift down with someone that's staying in general camping, and I'm staying in boutique, will it likely be hassle to get dropped in one car park and then for them to drive to the other?
    greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes, they are miles apart .

Is there traffic restrictions though? It's a five min drive but 40 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

the bloody map .. so close and yet so far .. why not just overlay it on the google satellite view instead of overlaying it on some ****ty (not to scale??) drawn image?

It looks like an easy enough job to edit my map from last year and plug it into Festable... will give that a go tonight.

Just downloaded Festable…..

Top job !! :cool:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

This wasnt part of the campsite last year so this is a wait and see job I think

Overlapping the map on the app with Google maps shows this new camping area is in a forest.. unless there is an entirely new field open.

Think.they sold 12k tickets last year it didn't sell out, an extra 8k on site this year will be a noticeable difference

Only 12k yea? Surprised at that I thought it was very close to selling out on the actual week of.

Sunday day tickets did significantly swell the crowds tho and they're not doing that this year.

Looks considerably bigger in size so I'd say we will be grand with the extra peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Tripled? Went from 15k to 20k I thought

Nope 7k last year, but it didnt sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

I’m really sorry to see my happy place from last year go - One Love area in the woods. SKOW May be the same music but it was the secluded location, small crowd and wonderful vibe that I liked the most about it. Oh well, will just have to go wandering again and perhaps find something else similar, something kind of wonderful perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    Overlapping the map on the app with Google maps shows this new camping area is in a forest.. unless there is an entirely new field open.

Would there be anything wrong with having camping in a forest? Probably health and safety etc etc.?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It was 15 k and 13k attended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Lot more than 7k last year

Advertisement