Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Seen them last Saturday in big top....what a treat it was.....brilliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭sporina

ricerocket wrote: »
    The weather would want to cop itself on, Saturday and Sunday looking very wet right now!

kinda pointless being angry with the weather eh?

so.. as the saying goes.. no such thing as bad weather - just bad clothing.. get your ponchos at the ready etc..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

In all seriousness, what do you guys do in the event of rain at a festival? I have been to 30+ festivals but still haven't quite figured out what is the best thing to do if it is fairly persistent rain. Generally I will spend longer drinking in my tent and then head for indoor gigs as much as possible, maybe catch one or two outside but once I am soaking wet I find it very hard to stay in the mood. I am definitely not a person who could stand out in the rain watching a gig unless it was someone I have been looking forward to seeing for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

In all seriousness, what do you guys do in the event of rain at a festival? I have been to 30+ festivals but still haven't quite figured out what is the best thing to do if it is fairly persistent rain. Generally I will spend longer drinking in my tent and then head for indoor gigs as much as possible, maybe catch one or two outside but once I am soaking wet I find it very hard to stay in the mood. I am definitely not a person who could stand out in the rain watching a gig unless it was someone I have been looking forward to seeing for a very long time.

If it's outdoors and persistent the golf waterproofs go on. Peel them off if I go indoors.

If it's light or intermittent shorts and a waterproof jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

Poncho to keep you dry, shorts so the rain doesn't run from the poncho to your jeans, pair of hiking boots, and beer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

RINO87 wrote: »
    Poncho to keep you dry, shorts so the rain doesn't run from the poncho to your jeans, pair of hiking boots, and beer!!

Yeah you will need to be fairly drunk for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

pah wrote: »
    Yes

From this image I would say its the area mid-left with a mix of vehicles & tents

38891315_502118850211470_2164275539903250432_o.jpg

I think the area you’re pointing to there is going be TF, pod pads etc...

The scale of the map in the app is all over the shop as there’s no way they’d be getting all general camping to park at the blue entrance if part of the campsite was over the other side of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Hi all - is there any kind of silent disco type thing at any stage over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

RINO87 wrote: »

IT'S GOING TO BE LOVELY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

Wet gear from any farming co op, hasn't failed me yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I'm off at Noon, from Galway Station to Limerick and then to Carrick On Suir, getting picked up by another volunteer and driven to the site. If I can get some time or Festival Wifi will take a few pics of the setup. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭sporina

endainoz wrote: »
    Wet gear from any farming co op, hasn't failed me yet.

hiking gear for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I still believe in the "few showers" theory. Be grand.

I have decent wet gear but don't expect to need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

donal666 wrote: »
    Hi all - is there any kind of silent disco type thing at any stage over the weekend?

Only loud disco as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Well I'm off at Noon, from Galway Station to Limerick and then to Carrick On Suir, getting picked up by another volunteer and driven to the site. If I can get some time or Festival Wifi will take a few pics of the setup. :)

Enjoy, BD.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Safe travels...

If you can, Pass on any information thet might be help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Le Bruise wrote: »

The scale of the map in the app is all over the shop as there’s no way they’d be getting all general camping to park at the blue entrance if part of the campsite was over the other side of the festival.
    I think the empty field just at the top of that is going to be general camping/Both Sides Now campsite.

according to the map in the app, the Podpad/TF field shares a big long fence border with the Both Sides Now campsite. I reckon they'll just have basically the same campsite as last year, and then a walk through the woods (similar to at EP between Oscar Wilde and Hendrix etc), and an extra campsite over there.

hopefully BD or someone else onsite before Friday can let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Gortex jacket, trousers too if it's really bad, does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Le Bruise wrote: »

This is the sitemap from 2018 attached.

The area in red wasn't used according to that but from previous pic you can see there was some use, maybe staff or something. That's where I think boutique will be extended slightly and the rest will be 'both sides now'

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I’ll be in family camping. I’m guessing from the map we’ll have two routes to main arena.

1) Family camping to Kids Area past Global Roots and on to Arena

2) Family camping to Tangerine Fields and on to Arena

Question 1: That sound right?
    Question 2: if similar to last year, anyone know if both these routes are open 24x7?

May influence what end of family camping we aim to camp in although my guess is we’ll aim to be near the kids area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Whats the story with NO GAS even in camper vans - the point of the camper van is to have the comforts it has as standard - the fridge runs on gas without electric hook up - how strict will they be on this. EP say the same but all the campers have the gas still in.

Excitement building - weather won't be a big issue. Sup of rain now and then. Hilly site might be tested for safety if it is drenched tho'

Martin_D wrote: »
    Whats the story with NO GAS even in camper vans - the point of the camper van is to have the comforts it has as standard - the fridge runs on gas without electric hook up - how strict will they be on this. EP say the same but all the campers have the gas still in.

Excitement building - weather won't be a big issue. Sup of rain now and then. Hilly site might be tested for safety if it is drenched tho'

Wasn't really enforced last year.

I’ll be in family camping. I’m guessing from the map we’ll have two routes to main arena.

1) Family camping to Kids Area past Global Roots and on to Arena

2) Family camping to Tangerine Fields and on to Arena

Question 1: That sound right?
    Question 2: if similar to last year, anyone know if both these routes are open 24x7?

May influence what end of family camping we aim to camp in although my guess is we’ll aim to be near the kids area

Where is the kids area? Same as last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Where is the kids area? Same as last year?

I wasn’t there last year but based on the maps looks like it’s moved slightly - taking the space used by the “Carousel Market” last year.

Still in roughly same spot though

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

So ATN answered and Both Sides Now is confirmed as General Camping.

Looking at google maps and photos from last year, I am guessing that is located beside where the crew camping was last year.

It would be a bit more of a walk from the Blue carpark, but probably worth it to be a bit more equal walking distance to the Main Arena and Front Lawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

is it really hard to get in to the boutique area during the day to mates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

miller82 wrote: »
    is it really hard to get in to the boutique area during the day to mates ?

If you’re not in boutique camping, you’re not getting into boutique camping. Myself and the wife were in there last year, our friends were in general. We could go to them, but not the other way round.

I made some edits in the Google Map.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VjcgxbTOmKyx9iMlqdbOtIrwaewj0m6V&usp=sharing

If you spot any errors, please let me know and I will try and fix.

Also integrated this map in the Festable app. Need to update the app though.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Signage up on the N24 at the turn offs for Fiddown - Blue route

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I made some edits in the Google Map.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VjcgxbTOmKyx9iMlqdbOtIrwaewj0m6V&usp=sharing

If you spot any errors, please let me know and I will try and fix.

Also integrated this map in the Festable app. Need to update the app though.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

Hi, I updated the app but it kept crashing on opening. Reinstalled but now no festivals are showing in the timetable list on start-up?

Advertisement