Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Does anyone know where in Dublin might be best to buy re-waterproofing spray or liquid for the washing machine? My rain jacket isn’t what it used to be and I’d like to freshen it up with this new forecast in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Pablo, your app is crashing on my Nokia 7 Plus after the update. Sent feedback via Android.
    It happens when I press the refresh button to get all timetables.
    I've cleared cache and data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

wowy wrote: »
    Hi, I updated the app but it kept crashing on opening. Reinstalled but now no festivals are showing in the timetable list on start-up?

Did you leave a crash report? If not please do

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭fillup

Does anyone know where in Dublin might be best to buy re-waterproofing spray or liquid for the washing machine? My rain jacket isn’t what it used to be and I’d like to freshen it up with this new forecast in mind!

The Great Outdoors should have the spray.
    They've recently moved premises to George's St around the Long Hall end.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

In all seriousness, what do you guys do in the event of rain at a festival? I have been to 30+ festivals but still haven't quite figured out what is the best thing to do if it is fairly persistent rain. Generally I will spend longer drinking in my tent and then head for indoor gigs as much as possible, maybe catch one or two outside but once I am soaking wet I find it very hard to stay in the mood. I am definitely not a person who could stand out in the rain watching a gig unless it was someone I have been looking forward to seeing for a very long time.

Waterproof hiking boots, not wellies. Lots of spare socks. An area in your tent designated for wet clothing, boots etc (stick a bin liner or something on the floor. Otherwise, if the rain is heavy and persistent, you'll end up with a muddy puddle mess in the tent). If you don't have high quality wet gear, zip lock bags for tobacco, cash, phone etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Wear two pairs of thin socks rather than one pair of thick socks - no blisters.
    Wellies are useless unless you are driving cattle into the milking parlour - avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Whoah lads, are ye going to the same festival I'm going to?! I'm expecting a wee bit of rain Friday night and Saturday morning but beyond that it will be mostly dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

roll wrote: »
    Whoah lads, are ye going to the same festival I'm going to?! I'm expecting a wee bit of rain Friday night and Saturday morning but beyond that it will be mostly dry!

Are you thinking of a different festival?

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Portlaw/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Are you thinking of a different festival?

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Portlaw/long.html

a slightly more favourable outlook here https://www.windguru.cz/856102

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

most Halfords usually have some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There's clearly a bit of unsettled weather due but there is a huge variation in predictions among the different weather sites, the amount of rainfall however doesn't look heavy and the duration is sporadic at best, any persistent spells look to be overnight on Sunday. Nothing a raincoat wont combat. Roll on the weekend

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Thus spake M.T. Cranium:
    FRIDAY will have sunshine to start with increasing cloud, lows 8 to 11 C and highs 20 to 23 C.

SATURDAY will become rather unsettled with frequent showers in the west, mostly cloudy with more isolated showers in the east. Lows will be about 10 C and highs about 19 C.

SUNDAY will be cloudy with a few showers, and highs near 19 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

My biggest clash has actually ended up being Bombay Bicycle Club vs Olafur Arnalds vs the Murder Capital, really unsure of what to go for...!

This is an awful question but will Patti Smith be good for not really a fan? Because I could see myself going to Loyle Carner and hanging around for Kiasmos, and the missus wants to see Soda Blonde, if that pans out as the special guest.

I appreciate she's a legend, I like the songs I've listened to (mainly from Horses), but would her set be mostly enjoyable for a long-time fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lads a couple of mm's of rain is nothing, relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm looking forward to Patti Smith and I only know a handful of songs, but I am gutted to be missing Loyle Carner. I'd say he could be a really special set. Hoping to do Father John Misty and then a quick pitstop at Loyle before getting back for Patti. The reviews of her and Nick Cave in Dublin last year were top notch, lots of talk about her energy and presence. Her setlists include lots of covers so it really depends whether you'd like that!

ATN just posted on FB to confirm that Pussy Riot has cancelled due to travel issues. Hope Vlad hasn't caught up with them again... Bitch Falcon added as their replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

I made some edits in the Google Map.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VjcgxbTOmKyx9iMlqdbOtIrwaewj0m6V&usp=sharing

If you spot any errors, please let me know and I will try and fix.

Also integrated this map in the Festable app. Need to update the app though.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

Looks good. Although if the phone map is any use it looks like Comedy and Bandstand are both in the same field. (comedy where bandstand is, bandstand at the bottom)

Could be that the two general campsites will be linked by that path that comes out where you have the comedy tent at the moment.

Total guesswork though - it's impossible to tell from the maps they've given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

36wrtf.gif

at the moment, Saturday afternoon/evening looks like a few showers, but relatively clear otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

fillup wrote: »
    The Great Outdoors should have the spray.
    They've recently moved premises to George's St around the Long Hall end.

Great, thanks! That’s not too far from me so I’ll have a look later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

It's made a markable improvement since yesterday. I'm hopeful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭fillup

MattD wrote: »
    My biggest clash has actually ended up being Bombay Bicycle Club vs Olafur Arnalds vs the Murder Capital, really unsure of what to go for...!

This is an awful question but will Patti Smith be good for not really a fan? Because I could see myself going to Loyle Carner and hanging around for Kiasmos, and the missus wants to see Soda Blonde, if that pans out as the special guest.

I appreciate she's a legend, I like the songs I've listened to (mainly from Horses), but would her set be mostly enjoyable for a long-time fan?

Saw Patti supporting Nick Cave last summer and she was class. Put on a real old school rock n roll show. Well worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

hugeglobe wrote:
    It's made a markable improvement since yesterday. I'm hopeful

It was bound to change some bit, let's hope it stays that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

Met eireanns update for portlaw this morning looks good!! The positive vibes are working, more of this please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Latest YR forecast is much improved and they seem to be the most up to date (i.e. ahead of Met Éireann) from what I can see. It keeps changing so won’t be ditching the wet gear just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Ye are making me paranoid with the rain chat.

The forecast is literally changing every hour. The one constant is we are likely to get a few showers. Nothing like wash out territory, just a couple of drops here and there. I mean, it is Ireland after all. We were beyond blessed last year with the heatwave and would be kidding ourselves to expect an exact repeat (though it was absolutely glorious...)

Like someone else said nothing a raincoat won't fix. I don't have wellies and I don't plan on buying any either

I'm settling on a few showers here and there, bringing some more solid ankle boots and the rain mac to cope. I don't see the need for full waterproof kit, big jackets or anything like that. Temps look lovely (and have done since I started checking forecasts) for the entire weekend so even if we do get a touch wet, it won't be freezing cold which makes it all a lot easier to deal with

Roll on the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

That’s a fair summation!

Ye are making me paranoid with the rain chat.

The forecast is literally changing every hour. The one constant is we are likely to get a few showers. Nothing like wash out territory, just a couple of drops here and there. I mean, it is Ireland after all. We were beyond blessed last year with the heatwave and would be kidding ourselves to expect an exact repeat (though it was absolutely glorious...)

Like someone else said nothing a raincoat won't fix. I don't have wellies and I don't plan on buying any either

I'm settling on a few showers here and there, bringing some more solid ankle boots and the rain mac to cope. I don't see the need for full waterproof kit, big jackets or anything like that. Temps look lovely (and have done since I started checking forecasts) for the entire weekend so even if we do get a touch wet, it won't be freezing cold which makes it all a lot easier to deal with

Roll on the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yep, thinking about getting rained on is actually worse than getting rained on! Plus dancing in warm rain is fun!!

CANNOT WAIT AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Are there no showers in family camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Did you leave a crash report? If not please do

Mine won't even open since update. Huawei p20 pro. Not sure how to send a crash report.

hope80 wrote: »
    Are there no showers in family camping?

Just showers of rain....

;-)

I jest, there will defo be showers there or at least in the pod pad area

• Advertisement

A further thought I had on the weather:

Friday looks to be dry and sunny. Still packing the sunscreen too, forever the optimist!

Advertisement