Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djb92

Got a lend of a cooler for this, but I've never used one. Any tips for the best way to keep things cold? Was going to just fill it with bags of ice but I've heard about one big freezer block or frozen water bottles? There were people discussing it here but that must be about 100 pages back now. Any advice appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

No thank you

Haha...I think I'm still traumatised tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Looking into these crashes ... should have a fix later this morning

OK .. the problem is only with phones with Android 9 (Pie). I have looked into but I am heading down a rabbit hole. Real work is getting in the way so a fix will probably be later tonight.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

djb92 wrote: »
    Got a lend of a cooler for this, but I've never used one. Any tips for the best way to keep things cold? Was going to just fill it with bags of ice but I've heard about one big freezer block or frozen water bottles? There were people discussing it here but that must be about 100 pages back now. Any advice appreciated :)

Get a load of these and have them frozen in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-Reusable-Cooler-Freezer-Camping/dp/B01INQ0P2K/ref=sr_1_4?adgrpid=57976061643&gclid=CjwKCAjw-ITqBRB7EiwAZ1c5U8kvgxMrRc3uSdCpjhM3s78jDp6jFFnumizAChTvL8TSjISlTcUdhRoCWAQQAvD_BwE&hvadid=291344932982&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007850&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=15666982114101482069&hvtargid=kwd-319855256292&hydadcr=18977_1794895&keywords=flexible+freezer+packs&qid=1564569175&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Also make sure your drinks are super cool before you load up.

You can top up with ice if you need to (or if you can get it).

But if you keep it out of the sunlight during the day to keep it cool, and pop it outside at night to cool it down again, we manage to keep beer drinkable until the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

How tight will the campsites be for space by Friday evening? We're bringing a large tent but wont be down early, just worried we'll be stuck for room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Something I've done for the last few years, instead of the frozen ice blocks/pads or even in addition to, is to freeze 20 Capri suns and Chuck em into the cooler bag in top of your cans.

They'll stay frozen for up to 24 hours in a decent cooler bag, and when they unfreeze you'll be very popular the next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When are the Lords of Lightning doing their thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

djb92 wrote: »

Frozen 3litre bottles of water would be good. They sell ice in the Londis in General Campsite as well. They charge around €5 per bag which is steep but worth having cold beer I suppose

OK .. the problem is only with phones with Android 9 (Pie). I have looked into but I am heading down a rabbit hole. Real work is getting in the way so a fix will probably be later tonight.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aha .. gave it a few more minutes and I seem to have solved it. Update should be live within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

When are the Lords of Lightning doing their thing?

The app has times for this twice a day after dark

In terms of campsite being too busy in the evening for a big tent. Impossible to know with the scale and changes this year. I think last year people were sent to overflow as of saturday morning but that could be wrong.

Sorry that is not helpful but it sounds like one of those "we will have to see" things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Same time every night

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

I'm planning on using clingfilm to wrap all of my stuff onto my trolley. Was there any issues with this last year does anyone know? I don't want to get to the entrance and have security rip all of the clingfilm off on me, rather just not do it in the first place if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm planning on using clingfilm to wrap all of my stuff onto my trolley. Was there any issues with this last year does anyone know? I don't want to get to the entrance and have security rip all of the clingfilm off on me, rather just not do it in the first place if that's the case.

Try cut down on single use plastic where possible

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

I will be using it again on the way back out. I was just wondering if they will rip it off to check for drink in my bags etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Do you think that "Customs" will think you've nothing to declare?

I will be using it again on the way back out. I was just wondering if they will rip it off to check for drink in my bags etc.

Apparently they had hardly any checks last year but, yes, they should check your bags on the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Same time every night

It's near main stage, so either side of the headliner. So a bit earlier on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Clingfilm used to be a popular contraceptive back in the Feile days......

Hoboo wrote: »
    Clingfilm used to be a popular contraceptive back in the Feile days......

Popular but not effective :)

Apparently they had hardly any checks last year but, yes, they should check your bags on the way in

Was talking to someone lightly involved in set up and the talk was that they would be looking to get some better return from the bars this year, so I would expect it a little tighter upfront, i.e. getting in. Maybe the reduced alcohol volume this year will be enough, maybe they will need to get stricter at entry point. To be honest, who knows until we get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Question: Whereabouts in general campsite was the Londis located? I can't see it on any maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

Coz wrote: »

This is absolutely next level.

*sprints to Lidl at lunch*

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Question: Whereabouts in general campsite was the Londis located? I can't see it on any maps.

It is at the entrance from General camping into main arena

On current map, See the words "GENERAL CAMPING" in top right, there's flags underneath it in the picture, "L" is just above them. It's next to the Arena entrance top right.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Ah I see it now. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

hugeglobe wrote: »

Just to save you the sprint, it goes on sale tomorrow.

I like the look of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Like I guessed it's gonna be for postcards to make your friends jealous/promote festival: https://twitter.com/ATNfestival/status/1156526217622970368?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

hugeglobe wrote: »

What is the consensus on the best freeflow system? Small backpack with enough room for 6/7 cans was my thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

What is the consensus on the best freeflow system? Small backpack with enough room for 6/7 cans was my thinking.

That's breakfast.

Advertisement