Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Did anyone figure out how you get in and out of the Both Sides now Campsite to the main arena? From the map it looks like trees block off the route and the brig at the bottom could just be for the podpads?

I'm thinking it'll be vaguely like attached, but total guesswork... so a path through the woods between campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

frted wrote: »
    last year was 4 cans per person into the arena , but it certainly wasn't enforced. i was asked did i have only 4 in my backpack and no check was done. Might be different this year.

Really? There's checks going into the arena? I thought it was free flow?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Really? There's checks going into the arena? I thought it was free flow?

There’s not. It is. (Or at least - that was the deal last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Over 120 people in the whatsapp group already. Never realised so many people read this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭taramurf

To those asking about the camp site closest to pod pads and whether you can go in via red or blue.

Someone asked this on FB and ATN commented "either" - see screenshot attached

That’s brilliant - thanks boomshakalaka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

Over 120 people in the whatsapp group already. Never realised so many people read this thread!

I'd imagine there are plenty of silent lurkers!

How do I get in

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

frted wrote: »
    last year was 4 cans per person into the arena , but it certainly wasn't enforced. i was asked did i have only 4 in my backpack and no check was done. Might be different this year.

Are you sure you're thinking of ATN? I wasn't quizzed about any drinks, nothing was checked and I always get everything taken off me at other festivals. I'm the person who can't sneak in a cup of water but everyone else around me is getting glass bottles in etc.

For people asking about plastic, we brought plastic last year, different spirits decanted into different plastic bottles etc and they weren't taken off us. Good luck buying a plastic bottle of anything in there though, it was a nightmare trying to get bottles of water last year, food vendors weren't allowed sell them, only those ATN branded reusable cartons, which were tiny. You were supposed to be encouraged to refill from taps but these were few and far between (hopefully improved this year).

Just want to reiterate - booze is free flow, no checks and no restrictions going anywhere.

How do I get in

Originally Posted by El Director View Post
    Okay so the WhatsApp group is now set up. There were over 50 people looking to get added and I don’t have time to add everyone individually, thanks to the poster who suggested sharing the link to the group...

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GtEB1cF1yX2JyfTzNFOxyI

So just click above on your phone and hopefully that’s it. We will most likely have to re-post the link a few times as people will miss it here. Pity it can’t be pinned somehow.

The idea of the group was to

1. Link in with our solo festival goers as there are many
    2. Share hints and tips about nice food outlets or coffee spots
    3. Share the location of the after party
    3. Share pics and any other information at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

A few things.

I dont want to carry more than I need to, I presume they sell 2L mixers in Londis on site? For our spirits?

Its ok if I decant my spirits into a reusable water bottle those big kinds with the built in straw?

• Advertisement

Aceso wrote: »
    Good luck buying a plastic bottle of anything in there though, it was a nightmare trying to get bottles of water last year, food vendors weren't allowed sell them, only those ATN branded reusable cartons, which were tiny. You were supposed to be encouraged to refill from taps but these were few and far between (hopefully improved this year).

There was contraband bottled water available from one vendor last year. Under the counter, if you knew the secret wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

alastair wrote:
    There was contraband bottled water available from one vendor last year. Under the counter, if you knew the secret wink.

Tell them Jimmy sent ya

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

alastair wrote: »

I did know the one, found him on the first day, absolutely delighted with myself. It was more undercover than buying bangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

A few things.

I dont want to carry more than I need to, I presume they sell 2L mixers in Londis on site? For our spirits?

Its ok if I decant my spirits into a reusable water bottle those big kinds with the built in straw?

They will only sell cans in the Londis at 2/2.50 each (and they were very warm last year).

2l mixers come in plastic bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Anyone have any info on what time arena will open on Friday??

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on what time arena will open on Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

alastair wrote: »

Kean Kavanagh is on at 5 so hardly. 3 I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Doubt itd be that early.

It was 17.00 last year, and acts started at 17.45. They might just be kicking off on gates opening this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

It was 5 when it opened last year anyway. I was in boutique and there was no food places in there. Was starving! I'll be remembering to bring a lunch this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Asked on FB and ATN replied 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

gaffolino wrote: »
    Just heard on the news that the N7 is opening all its lanes from this Friday so hopefully the traffic flies along . No more road works / traffic restrictions

I was driving to and from Limerick the last few days, the road is essentially re-opened bar a very small stretch on the road to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

is there an app for clashfinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sporina wrote: »
    is there an app for clashfinder?

Android?

You won't find better than festable, made by pabloandroy here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads huge credit to everyone involved with the WhatsApp group. Was it El Director who organised it? I've left it, though. Too much for me. It's like another version of this thread. I'm sure it'll be really useful over the weekend. Thanks for the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

My buddy is a very late drop out of ATN 2019 – ticket sold.

But I’m left with a spare slot in a 2 man Bellepad, any solo body interested?

Bonus: If you can be in the Dublin 12 area at 9:00am Fri a lift available also.

I’m a sixty year old young fella and practically a non-drinker. EP 2018 was my first festival and I’m hooked now.
    PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

In fairness the ATN app is very good. Arranges artists by category, gives a wee clip of a few of their songs and you can star them to create your own timetable for the weekend. My wife who for months has been ignoring the playlists I have been making her is now an expert and all set up for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lads huge credit to everyone involved with the WhatsApp group. Was it El Director who organised it? I've left it, though. Too much for me. It's like another version of this thread. I'm sure it'll be really useful over the weekend. Thanks for the effort.

There's a mute function on WhatsApp too btw

What's the verdict on the London Astrobeat Orchestra? They sound like something that would be good but looked up a couple of videos on Youtube and they didn't sound great, anyone planning on going to see them over the weekend? They are playing 3 sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

Android?

You won't find better than festable, made by pabloandroy here

no iphone.. ?

Advertisement