Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

hibsman wrote: »
    In fairness the ATN app is very good. Arranges artists by category, gives a wee clip of a few of their songs and you can star them to create your own timetable for the weekend. My wife who for months has been ignoring the playlists I have been making her is now an expert and all set up for the weekend!

I think it's great, yeah. I'm relatively new to smart phones and to have this to hand compared to printing out a pdf of the schedule, highlighting it and flicking through it all weekend - never mind it getting wet, crumpled, etc. - is revelation to me....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

maximoose wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaand it's gone

Looking like a bit more rain

Waiting until this evening before taking it as certain.

Its like a big roulette spin. Agonisingly rolling from red to black to red. Where's it gonna stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Had to leave the WhatsApp group, it was getting a bit much :D

It's gas there seems to be a set amount of regular contributors here and then a million people in the WhatsApp

Thanks for setting it up though, if you see me (long dyed red hair and green plastic sunglasses) please do say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

What's the phone network's like There? Nothing will work if rubbish connectivity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What's the phone network's like There? Nothing will work if rubbish connectivity

Coverage was great last year in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

They've a temp mast set up so it's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think there was less planning and weather forecasting for D Day than ATN..! :P

Jaysus ye, I remember going to festivals years ago and just buying tent and sleeping bag on day, bringing couple bottles of vodka and a change of clothes Now I have a boatload of stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

greenspurs wrote: »
    I did say that :)

Seems to be the case however I'm sure last year it was earlier. I defo had a good wonder around the arena/stages before music started..
    Seems late to me to be opening gates.. I would have expected gates 4, music starts 5 or something like that.. Give people a chance to get their bearing etc before the festivities begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Seems to be the case however I'm sure last year it was earlier. I defo had a good wonder around the arena/stages before music started..

Gates opened at 17.00 on the dot last year, and first act was on at 17.45.

Jaysus ye, I remember going to festivals years ago and just buying tent and sleeping bag on day, bringing couple bottles of vodka and a change of clothes Now I have a boatload of stuff!!

At oxegen 2008 I brought a single man, popup tent, a duffel bag full of clothes (with one pocket full of premade crisp sandwiches) and 24 cans of bulmers.

Power Banks, Bluetooth speakers, air mattresses, artisan food stalls, gin bars, craft beer.

The festival experience has come along way.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »

So 45mins.. It appears this year is gates 5 music 5..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

Things were definitely simpler then. I know I sound like an old man saying this (I'm only 34!) but young festival goers today don't know how lucky they have it.

I mean you're allowed to walk into the main arena with a total of 24 cans over the weekend. That's 24 pints that you don't have to buy inside! We'd have killed for that luxury back in the day. I was 15 years old at my first festival and 24 cans would have kept our entire crew ticking over.
    And yet there's people complaining that you can't come and go with slabs all weekend! You lucky brats.

Contrast that to Witnness where our only function that weekend was to spend money. The absolute bare minimum of amenities were provided. It was all about limiting you in the campsite and pushing your towards the bars and vendors. We were treated like rock 'n' roll cattle.

So yeah, it was a simple time but I've no nostalgia for it whatsover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

greenspurs wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with Festable???

When I click on it , it just flashes and goes off, was working fine until yesterday afternoon...
    BadTurtle wrote: »
    Yup, crashes without opening for me too.

Are you guys using the latest update? There was an update yesterday lunchtime.

D.Q wrote: »
    At oxegen 2008 I brought a single man, popup tent, a duffel bag full of clothes (with one pocket full of premade crisp sandwiches) and 24 cans of bulmers.

Power Banks, Bluetooth speakers, air mattresses, artisan food stalls, gin bars, craft beer.

Ahh, that’s because it was Oxegen. EP in 2005 had craft beer, whiskey bars, artisan food vendors AND a farmers market, and I definitely brought an air mattress. Admittedly no Bluetooth speakers. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Things were definitely simpler then. I know I sound like an old man saying this (I'm only 34!) but young festival goers today don't know how lucky they have it.

I mean you're allowed to walk into the main arena with a total of 24 cans over the weekend. That's 24 pints that you don't have to buy inside! We'd have killed for that luxury back in the day. I was 15 years old at my first festival and 24 cans would have kept our entire crew ticking over.
    And yet there's people complaining that you can't come and go with slabs all weekend! You lucky brats.

Contrast that to Witnness where our only function that weekend was to spend money. The absolute bare minimum of amenities were provided. It was all about limiting you in the campsite and pushing your towards the bars and vendors. We were treated like rock 'n' roll cattle.

It wasn't that long ago the food options at outdoor gigs consisted of a burger and chips or a hotdog and chips that were guaranteed to give you the scuts the following day.

This. So much this. 80,000 people in a campsite, one or two chip vans, and maybe a silent disco to keep you entertained after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

eplady2017 wrote: »

So 45mins.. It appears this year is gates 5 music 5..

That's a bit **** for Kean Kavanagh. Starting at 5pm and performing to nobody..?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

D.Q wrote: »

Speaking of bluetooth speakers, here's a little tip. Most of them have an aux jack that you can connect your phone to with one of those 3.5mm cables. Gives your phone/speaker about 10-15% more battery life!

That's a bit **** for Kean Kavanagh. Starting at 5pm and performing to nobody..?

That's what I was thinking. So assumed arena would open at 4.. Asked on FB . "What time does the main arena open on Friday???".. Reply was 5pm!!!!
    Not really fair for the first artists..

I reckon they’ll just open a bit early - 16.30? But it’ll fill up pretty sharpish. It’s not like everyone set up in the campsites is going to linger once the arena is open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It’s not like everyone set up in the campsites is going to linger once the arena is open.

You'd be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Have a great and safe ATN guys, hope it stays sunny for ye. Looking forward to yere post mortums next week

maximoose wrote: »
    You'd be surprised

Well - I was in like a hot snot to recce out the site at 5 last year. Didn’t go to any music until Booka Brass Band at 7 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

It wasn't that long ago the food options at outdoor gigs consisted of a burger and chips or a hotdog and chips that were guaranteed to give you the scuts the following day.

It would be disingenuous of me to complain about festival food because in those days I took the alternative route through life and it didn't require an appetite.

All I brought to Witnness was a bottle of water, a change of clothes and a bag of pills. A tent or sleeping bag would be provided by the gods of chance.

My Mam's friend's kids used to bring bags of food and drink. It looked like a military operation. I used to arrive at our shared bus with a tiny shoulder bag, half empty.

I get a little rush when I see those types in the queue nowadays. Armed with a can of lager and one eye in the back of their heads. March on, young brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

It would be disingenuous of me to complain about festival food because in those days I took the alternative route through life and it didn't require an appetite.

All I brought to Witnness was a bottle of water, a change of clothes and a bag of pills. A tent or sleeping bag would be provided by the gods of chance.

My Mam's friend's kids used to bring bags of food and and drink. It looked like a military operation. I used to arrive at out shared bus with a tiny shoulder bag, half empty.

I get a little rush when I see those types in the queue nowadays. Armed with a can of lager and one eye in the back of their heads. March on, young brothers.

motivational stuff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DVB1980

Forecast looks a bit sh1te on Sat going by yr.now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I just met somebody heading down today. Will they get in?
    I thought it wasn't open until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Suckit wrote: »
    I just met somebody heading down today. Will they get in?
    I thought it wasn't open until tomorrow?

Campervan field opens at 6pm today. Hoping to be camped up tonight at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There's a Glastonbury documentary which shows some footage from '85 I believe. A woman arrives with some cardboard and nothing else and makes a tent out of it.

I've always been jealous but I am the exact opposite. I bring a terrible amount of crap "just in case". Last year we had a little spray bottle thing for keeping cool. It broke.... this year we'll have two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Drink, tent, sleeping bag and money. They are the only essentials - everything after that could be forgotten and you would survive. I'm not too bad for bringing loads of stuff down but I am terrible at judging what clothes to wear if the forecast is a bit unsettled.

Advertisement