Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OCALLAA5

Drink, tent, sleeping bag and money. They are the only essentials - everything after that could be forgotten and you would survive. I'm not too bad for bringing loads of stuff down but I am terrible at judging what clothes to wear if the forecast is a bit unsettled.

and your ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Look at the latest rain model on met theres very light rain Sat afternoon to evening, a little heavier Sunday night. Overall not much I can live with this. Roll on tommorow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

DVB1980 wrote: »
    Forecast looks a bit sh1te on Sat going by yr.now

Windy.com too. Constant rain all day it seems, though never heavy at least.

I always bring way too much and given I've been to at least 30 festivals here and abroad, you'd think I'd know better by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

180 in the WhatsApp group now, is it a bit much/unwieldy to be of any use?! We’ll see sure. I’m hoping it’s going to be handy for when we get there for the solo boardies to meet like minded, equally cool peeps :cool: as well as hints and tips etc... also pics maybe. If you missed the invite link here it is again

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GtEB1cF1yX2JyfTzNFOxyI

I’ve my aspirational schedule done and will be pretty much camped in the Something Kind of wonderful tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It would be disingenuous of me to complain about festival food because in those days I took the alternative route through life and it didn't require an appetite.

All I brought to Witnness was a bottle of water, a change of clothes and a bag of pills. A tent or sleeping bag would be provided by the gods of chance.

My Mam's friend's kids used to bring bags of food and drink. It looked like a military operation. I used to arrive at our shared bus with a tiny shoulder bag, half empty.

I get a little rush when I see those types in the queue nowadays. Armed with a can of lager and one eye in the back of their heads. March on, young brothers.

:cool:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    At oxegen 2008 I brought a single man, popup tent, a duffel bag full of clothes (with one pocket full of premade crisp sandwiches) and 24 cans of bulmers.

Power Banks, Bluetooth speakers, air mattresses, artisan food stalls, gin bars, craft beer.

The festival experience has come along way.

That's brilliant !!! :D:D:D tayto C & O I hope !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Festable app tip:

If you click on a stage in the map during the festival it shows you Now & Next

Cw6qqPkl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TrampsLikeUs

We've been doing festivals since the first Macroom, 42 years ago. Arrived with not only no tent but no sleeping bag or change of anything, just a bottle of whisky - slept under a tree (not that we got much sleep!!)
    Yep, seen all the changes over the years, roll on tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Campervan field opens at 6pm today. Hoping to be camped up tonight at 9.
    if you hear anything about the Both Sides Now campsite, which should be close enough to you (next field up is podpads, then possibly BSN?), can you pass it on? eg. if it's actually in that field, so do you have to go through the woods to get to it.

I think there's a few of us hoping it's a bit of a quiet/Eco campsite type thing, and the full-on madness can stay over at the general camping area :pac:

Are you guys using the latest update? There was an update yesterday lunchtime.

Uninstalled, then reinstalled... sorted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

How do I access the map on Festable, apologies if this has already been answered

How do I access the map on Festable, apologies if this has already been answered

You probably need the latest update from he play store .. then the Map button appears :-)

OK .. am just going to throw this out there:

The yearly meet up that never works.

I suggest in front of the sound desk main stage for ATN Classics 17:00 Saturday.

We could use the whatsapp group to announce ourselves there.

if you hear anything about the Both Sides Now campsite, which should be close enough to you (next field up is podpads, then possibly BSN?), can you pass it on? eg. if it's actually in that field, so do you have to go through the woods to get to it.

I think there's a few of us hoping it's a bit of a quiet/Eco campsite type thing, and the full-on madness can stay over at the general camping area :pac:

I plan to stroll down there this evening .. i might not far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Drink, tent, sleeping bag and money. They are the only essentials - everything after that could be forgotten and you would survive. I'm not too bad for bringing loads of stuff down but I am terrible at judging what clothes to wear if the forecast is a bit unsettled.

Phone too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

how do we get onto the watsap group again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

sporina wrote: »
    how do we get onto the watsap group again?

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GtEB1cF1yX2JyfTzNFOxyI

Click that on your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks - "no participants"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭endainoz

We've been doing festivals since the first Macroom, 42 years ago. Arrived with not only no tent but no sleeping bag or change of anything, just a bottle of whisky - slept under a tree (not that we got much sleep!!) Yep, seen all the changes over the years, roll on tomorrow

Macroom was the one that started it all eh? It was featured on the very first hotpress with Rory on the front. Between that and the huge popularity of the folk revival at the time, it must have been an amazing time for music in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the 06z weather models have even more chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday now.
    presume yr.no/met/etc will be updated in a few hours to reflect that.

might get away with it on Saturday, but Sunday daytime will very probably have showers, as things stand.

On the plus side, they'll probably be fairly light....

https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/gfs

(times in the top right)
    ukprec.png

ukprec.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Any tips on getting to sleep at night if you get bad neighbours from more experienced festival goers? I had that problem last year at a festival and I tried melatonin and earplugs but it wasn't hugely effective. Is there anything over the counter in pharmacy's that people use? I never really use sleeping aids in general.

Any tips on getting to sleep at night if you get bad neighbours from more experienced festival goers? I had that problem last year at a festival and I tried melatonin and earplugs but it wasn't hugely effective. Is there anything over the counter in pharmacy's that people use? I never really use sleeping aids in general.

Do they sell methylated spirits? Douse neighbours tent, and chuck your zippo at it it.

Maybe that's a bit extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Depends really, are you someone who struggles to get to sleep but once asleep is sound, or do you struggle staying asleep? If the latter, valerian root anything is the best bet, it's kind of a herbal sedative? Can find that in boots.

Couple of things I use at home when I've trouble getting to sleep:
    * Lavender oil on temples
    * CBD tea, or CBD anything really
    * Melissa Dream Sleep tablets, or any tablets that have lemon balm and L-Theanine in them
    * Soft tunes help put me to sleep too, so maybe you don't need earplugs but headphones or ear phones to play some soft music to help you drift off

Ah was bringing ear plugs this yearhoping they would do the job! I usually have a few drinks and with all the standing can be fairly wrecked so can sleep through mild noise. If it's very noisey I dunno can much be done especially if people have amps or speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wax ear plugs, few warm cans and you'll be out in no time

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah was bringing ear plugs this yearhoping they would do the job! I usually have a few drinks and with all the standing can be fairly wrecked so can sleep through mild noise. If it's very noisey I dunno can much be done especially if people have amps or speakers

Amps or speakers?

My friends could hear Underworld last year from across the river !! They are about 3-4miles away as the crow flies !!
    They could also see the lights !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TrampsLikeUs

Yea, myself and one of our ATN crew went to Macroom aged 16, no infrastructure whatsoever, Did all of the Macroom and things didn’t really improve. Also did all the Lisdoons and that was a bit better in terms of infra
    Actually the only festival I ever got to in the south east was the Carnsore Anti Nuclear Festi, a free Festi which was a bit of a wash out but great craic (still remember The Atrix and Sacre Bleu being the highlights for me!)

Been to many Festis around the world since then but still hard to beat the craic at an Irish festi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I'm leaving duvet and pillow in car in case this happens.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Amps or speakers?

My friends could hear Underworld last year from across the river !! They are about 3-4miles away as the crow flies !!
    They could also see the lights !! :D

Well I meant the ones punters have themselves in camping. Ha Think sound from stages would be a given!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Currently finalising my Clashfinder, which is always pointless as I'll just float about for all but a handful of them. Really wish Josh Wink was on last on Arcadia. He'd be a decent follow on from Jon Hopkins.

Advertisement