Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

https://www.wildernessfestival.com/

This festival which is over the same weekend as ATN is also annoucing on Feb 19th.

Interesting to see if there's much overlap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bookatlas

3 or 4 from this list and I'd be happy:

Tame Impala
    Bloc Party
    Robyn
    Florence
    Bon Iver
    Thom Yorke
    Olafur Arnalds
    Nils Frahm
    Kamasi Washington
    Low
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Christine & Queens
    Beirut
    Vampire Weekend
    Cut Copy
    Hot Chip
    Suede
    Gogo Penguin
    Twilight Sad
    Four Tet
    Better Oblivion Community Centre
    American Football
    War On Drugs
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Courtney Barnett
    Riceboy Sleeps
    The Midnight
    War On Drugs
    Japanese House
    James Blake
    Idlewild

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

bookatlas wrote: »
    3 or 4 from this list and I'd be happy:

Tame Impala
    Bloc Party
    Robyn
    Florence
    Bon Iver
    Thom Yorke
    Olafur Arnalds
    Nils Frahm
    Kamasi Washington
    Low
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Christine & Queens
    Beirut
    Vampire Weekend
    Cut Copy
    Hot Chip
    Suede
    Gogo Penguin
    Twilight Sad
    Four Tet
    Better Oblivion Community Centre
    American Football
    War On Drugs
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Courtney Barnett
    Riceboy Sleeps
    The Midnight
    War On Drugs
    Japanese House
    James Blake
    Idlewild

Welcome to the club :)

Ah that's a class list. id gladly take a handful of them!

FB_IMG_1549631178806.jpg.a8fab85c9d71e1ef32b56ffda159bf80.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Great list bookatlas, would gladly see a lot of them at ATN or EP! Interesting lineup at Boomtown as well, Groove Armada playing live would be very near the top of my wishlist at this stage.

Also excellent idea whoever said about researching the lineup one act at a time on this thread whoever suggested it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd be pretty surprised if GA aren't booked at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ATN posted on Facebook about two hours ago that today marks 1 year since they announced the festival in the first place.
    It's a year to the day that we revealed the first details of our maiden voyage, and what a year it's been. We have only just begun, with a long road ahead, some may say a 'Road To Nowhere' ;) #ATN19

So do we want to take that seriously that David Byrne may be headlining? Or should I not get my hopes up?

ATN posted on Facebook about two hours ago that today marks 1 year since they announced the festival in the first place.

So do we want to take that seriously that David Byrne may be headlining? Or should I not get my hopes up?

Yeah possibly but could also just be a reference to the 'Road to nowhere' stage.

David Bryne would be amazing. His recent show is pretty animated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he has no shows anywhere announced for 2019, so I'd be surprised. would be a great booking though.

• Advertisement

Yeah possibly but could also just be a reference to the 'Road to nowhere' stage.

Ah. Didn't realise there was a stage named that.

Probably just that so...

Probably.

But I'm definitely going to cling on to the hope of David Byrne now!

Probably just that so...

Probably.

We live in hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

David Byrne, ATN's version of EP's Radiohead rumour

I fully endorse this running gag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

My mam got myself and my partner weekend tickets for ATN for Christmas, can’t wait. It’ll be my first weekend festival.

We were thinking of paying a bit extra to get a pre pitched tent, and hot showers, anyone experienced this? Is it worth it? Is the area still decent in which the pre pitched tent would be

Think it’s €120 for the two of us to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

My mam got myself and my partner weekend tickets for ATN for Christmas, can’t wait. It’ll be my first weekend festival.

We were thinking of paying a bit extra to get a pre pitched tent, and hot showers, anyone experienced this? Is it worth it? Is the area still decent in which the pre pitched tent would be

Heard last year is wasn’t but I think it probably will be this year. Spoil yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

he has no shows anywhere announced for 2019, so I'd be surprised. would be a great booking though.

Probably just that so...

Probably.

We live in hope so.
    David Byrne, ATN's version of EP's Radiohead rumour

I fully endorse this running gag

I'm surprised at ye lads. Why aim so low? He's obviously getting the band back together. OMG. Talking Heads are headlining ATN.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at ye lads. Why aim so low? He's obviously getting the band back together. OMG. Talking Heads are headlining ATN.

Will we have space for them to headline alongside Radiohead, Daft Punk and the David Bowie hologram, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Will we have space for them to headline alongside Radiohead, Daft Punk and the David Bowie hologram, though?

They'll have to share the undercard with the Smiths.

What year did POD/John Reynolds stop their involvement with EP does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

What year did POD/John Reynolds stop their involvement with EP does anyone know?

They bought him out as part of the court case settlement in 2014 i think. Reynolds took the action against FR in 2013, so the likelihood would be that he has limited in his involvemetn that year.
    FR had acquired the majority stake in EP in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

As far as i know he sold 71% of it to FR in 2009 and when the court case with FR was settled in 2014 they took sole ownership of it.

Maybe 2013 the last one going by this? But not 100% sure. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/john-reynolds-s-action-against-electric-picnic-operator-settled-1.1793357

Ah okay so, just wondering if they will try to book any of the acts they used to book for EP back when they were involved.. POD always seem to reuse acts and even last year Hot Chip, Groove Armada, Mogwai, Underworld, The Go Team, Hercules & Love Affair, Fleet Foxes, Booka Shade, Jimmy Cliff & Saul Williams all would have played EP in the years POD were running it. So I would not be surprised to get more repeats this summer.

Just some of the acts touring this summer that they seem to have booked back then:
    Hot Chip, Groove Armada, Modeselektor, Chemical Brothers, Kraftwerk, Primal Scream, Jarvis Cocker, The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Ladytron, Spiritualized, Madness, Chic, The Roots, Echo & the Bunnymen, Four tet, Beirut, Patti Smith, Metronomy and The National who are already confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Just some of the acts touring this summer that they seem to have booked back then:
    Hot Chip, Groove Armada, Modeselektor, Chemical Brothers, Kraftwerk, Primal Scream, Jarvis Cocker, The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Ladytron, Spiritualized, Madness, Chic, The Roots, Echo & the Bunnymen, Four tet, Beirut, Patti Smith, Metronomy and The National who are already confirmed!

Chemical brothers are in Japan that weekend I think but would love to see pretty much the rest of that list there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Cut Copy and Ladytron maybe?

would love to see Ladytron - I regret not going in to some tent at some EP to see them!

Got my ticket today. They're as terrible as people make out alright :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I see Passion Pit are doing a 10 year tour of Manners in the US in May. I hope they do a few shows in Europe. Would be a good fit for ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Chemical Brothers released a new song last week. Those church bells wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

If Groove Armada are back the need to put LIVE in big capital letters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

At Electric Picnic, it’s totally worth it to do this. First time @ ATN for me will be this year so can’t comment on their set-up.

Will have kids in tow for ATN - family camping for us....

Advertisement