Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

it's 50e this year

was at least 50 last year too, many give more. It's a good idea IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

RINO87 wrote: »

Sorry how does this work?

dodo87 wrote: »

If you enter on a guestlist/comp ticket they ask you for a donation to a nominated charity. Makes sense if you are there on a freebie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

dodo87 wrote: »

You're on the guest list, you donate €50

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Sorry I though it was you could get on the guest list by paying an extra 50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does it? ... let me try that.

Oooops that's a bug ... I will have a quick look.

Fixed it.... silly error, bad code.

Uploaded new update. Should be live within a couple of hours.

Thanks for spotting this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DVB1980

greenspurs wrote: »
    Really ? :rolleyes:

This has been asked about 20 times …….

Use the search option in the thread! ….

I entered "limit", and got 32 mentions …..

Sorry dad, won't do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

DVB1980 wrote: »
    Sorry dad, won't do it again

:D

Its okay son.... Make me tea. !

:D

ps. apologies for narkiness - between the WhatsApp and on here theres a lot to scroll through in case I miss something :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm hoping there's a bit of noise in the campsites. A campsite with no late night craic is a bad festival IMO.

Do they close the festival site at some stage and everyone has to go back to the tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

fair enough if its 50e, but what's the point of guest list or comps if you had to pay more than that really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Do they close the festival site at some stage and everyone has to go back to the tents?

Good question. What time does the arena close and are there areas that are open all night like at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Good question. What time does the arena close and are there areas that are open all night like at EP?

I don't really remember if were thrown out or naturally went back to camp site,
    but I think the last thing going was Arcadia. There isn't really anything going on later than the what is on timetables. I went to belonging bandstand most nights which went on fairly late.

My preference anyway is to go hard and enjoy while the music is on and then just go back to tent after so am ok-ish for the next day. wouldn't be big fan of sitting in a circle outside tents at 6am drinking cans leaving yourself wrecked for the day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

WM18 wrote: »
    Been wondering about this, what is ATN classics ?

It can only be this surely?

showpony1 wrote: »

My preference anyway is to go hard and enjoy while the music is on and then just go back to tent after so am ok-ish for the next day. wouldn't be big fan of sitting in a circle outside tents at 6am drinking cans leaving yourself wrecked for the day.

Couldn't agree more, give it absolute socks up to 4 am then get some disco naps!! Cant do the all nighters anymore, one of our group forgot he wasn't 10 years younger last year.... went full tilt on Friday and Saturday but missed the entirety of Sunday.

Plus nothing beats those 10am breakfast cans, you dont get that feeling if you dont get a kip!

Couldn't agree more, give it absolute socks up to 4 am then get some disco naps!! Cant do the all nighters anymore, one of our group forgot he wasn't 10 years younger last year.... went full tilt on Friday and Saturday but missed the entirety of Sunday.

Plus nothing beats those 10am breakfast cans, you dont get that feeling if you dont get a kip!

I know someone who gave it their all for 2-3 days at Oxegen 07. Fell asleep Sunday evening and woke up the next morning asking what time Daft Punk were on. Poor fecker was driving another 4 home too.

A couple of cans when I get back to tent. Hit the sack around 6 and up again at around 11/12. Find it hard to get more than 5 or 6 hrs sleep in a tent especially if its warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

yeah as much as I like the sesh and rollovers... you pay a fair few quid to be there... no point in destroying yourself beyond a certain time..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A couple of cans when I get back to tent. Hit the sack around 6 and up again at around 11/12. Find it hard to get more than 5 or 6 hrs sleep in a tent especially if its warm.

go to bed at 4 and you'll get an extra 2hrs sleep :P

I'd be the same, can't sleep in the tent once it gets remotely warm, and tent will start getting warm as the morning goes on no matter what, so the sooner i'm asleep, the better!
    Really need to get one of those Fresh & Black tents for future.

Putting a tarp or something like that over your tent will keep it cooler in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Just seen the Prince tribute set by Kelly-Anne Byrne at the Bandstand saturday night into sunday morning ..... gonna be feckin epic. Straight after Jon Hopkins an all. Very excited

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    I know someone who gave it their all for 2-3 days at Oxegen 07. Fell asleep Sunday evening and woke up the next morning asking what time Daft Punk were on. Poor fecker was driving another 4 home too.

Ouch.

At least they were back again soon after...oh wait, no they never played Ireland again. A harsh lesson, but presumably well learned.

go to bed at 4 and you'll get an extra 2hrs sleep :P

I'd be the same, can't sleep in the tent once it gets remotely warm, and tent will start getting warm as the morning goes on no matter what, so the sooner i'm asleep, the better!
    Really need to get one of those Fresh & Black tents for future.

As a bar man in Ibiza once said to me "there's plenty of time to sleep in Winter" :D

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ouch.

At least they were back again soon after...oh wait, no they never played Ireland again. A harsh lesson, but presumably well learned.

Yup it was the last of the European tour too, and they only did 3 more gigs after 2007. We went to Glastonbury together and the rumour going around was they were the Arcadia special guest. I and most were dismissive, but I think he bought into it. The disappointment when Skrillex popped out.

Daft Punk are the ultimate rumour generator. Dont think theyll ever tour again, Thomas Bangalter has tinnitus for starters.

*Whisper whisper*
    Special guests on the road to nowhere slot Saturday night

Daft Punk Oxegen is still the best gig I've ever been at

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    yeah as much as I like the sesh and rollovers... you pay a fair few quid to be there... no point in destroying yourself beyond a certain time..

With the best intentions in the world, sleep is the great leveller. No amount of 7am bravado will ever beat sleep. Notions of keeping the good times going aren't so appealing come 11am.

It's coming for you anyway. Embrace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Am I alone in thinking all Daft Punk albums after Homework were kinda crap?

Looking forward to these guys on Saturday!

Am I alone in thinking all Daft Punk albums after Homework were kinda crap?

Youd be in the vast minority anyway. Discovery is more or less unanimously the most popular one.

• Advertisement

Daft Punk Oxegen is still the best gig I've ever been at

Yup. Just a 90 minute party. Never seen so many happy heads, sober or gangster tripping.

Advertisement