Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Traffic in 24c heat is bull****. Complete standstill. Everyone out of their cars and campers

Just try and remember why you are queueing :)

And play the spotify playlist.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Suckit wrote: »

It'll be over by the time any of us are in.

It's a complete sh!tshow and there's no management or communication

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Suckit wrote: »

Serious 3G issues to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eimearhx

Just spoke to a friend. Shes moved 2km in 2 hours. 🙄

It’s bad though... I would go so far as to say a shambles right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

To be fair they can't just build more roads for access, so your'e gonna have to make do with it. Hardly their fault

Didn't think I'd see people in here complaining that its too hot....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

there is about a 5-6km tailback from Carrick to the Red entrance,
    I travelled over at 1.00 , and had my tent up at 2.30.
    On my way back to work, could see the tailback from Dungarvan side and from the carrick side.

Local knowledge pays off. :)

Roads with grass down the center are your friend.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

greenspurs wrote: »
    On my way back to work, could see the tailback from Dungarvan side and from the carrick side.

Any local knowledge on coming from Limerick to the blue entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is the blue route same for cars and buses? Motoring along here on main road on bus. Is issue when you have to come off it?!

To be fair they can't just build more roads for access, so your'e gonna have to make do with it. Hardly their fault

Didn't think I'd see people in here complaining that its too hot....

There are far more issues at play. We are 7 km away and yet to see a signpost, steward or guard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

People doing this are causing major issues though and converging onto the main routes and causing a bit chaos at some junctions. Had they forced people down certain routes, had manned junctions it would be slow but flow normally. This just isn't

The lack of shuttles this year was also criminal

There are far more issues at play. We are 7 km away and yet to see a signpost, steward or guard.

Well that is because you are 7km away!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Weepsie wrote: »
    People doing this are causing major issues though and converging onto the main routes and causing a bit chaos at some junctions. Had they forced people down certain routes, had manned junctions it would be slow but flow normally. This just isn't

The lack of shuttles this year was also criminal

Isn't there shuttles every 30 mins from Waterford to the festival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Absolute **** show getting in. We joined the blue queue 2 hours ago, 4.5km away. 3 hours later we're still 2.5km away. Can only imagine how far back through Carrick on Suir it goes now

Well that is because you are 7km away!

Ah come on... no more sassy retorts please. ‘‘Tis bad enough for us out here in the wilderness

Daisies wrote: »
    Any local knowledge on coming from Limerick to the blue entrance?

Turn off at Kilsheelan, Get onto the R678 for Rathgormack.
    When you get to a major Tjunction when the R678 meets the R676, Go left heading back towards Carrick on Suir.
    In the R676 for 4-5Km, turn right when you see the sign for Mothel.
    (this is a narrow road)

If you follow on from Mothel, you will come out straight across from the Red Entrance

I cant post a map..

If you look it up on AAroutes, you will be able to follow what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Is it just the blue car park or also the red car park? Having swapped our family tickets for general (not going to camp) I'm glad not to be sitting in that traffic with a 2.5 year old today. Hopefully tomorrow will be much quieter.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Is it just the blue car park or also the red car park? Having swapped our family tickets for general (not going to camp) I'm glad not to be sitting in that traffic with a 2.5 year old today. Hopefully tomorrow will be much quieter.

Sending all Blue + Red thru Carrick....
    5-6km Tailback when I was coming out at 2.45 :eek::rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Eventually got in but now waiting over an hour for tangerine field. There is a queue of about 100 people and one person checking us in.

dlnv27 wrote: »
    Eventually got in but now waiting over an hour for tangerine field. There is a queue of about 100 people and one person checking us in.

There is unfortunately only 1 person checking people in and it is being done by phone back to the office. They don't have the actual booking reference list at the check in which is slowing things down majorly. Literally just a guy and a phone....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Turn off at Kilsheelan, Get onto the R678 for Rathgormack.
    When you get to a major Tjunction when the R678 meets the R676, Go left heading back towards Carrick on Suir.
    In the R676 for 4-5Km, turn right when you see the sign for Mothel.
    (this is a narrow road)

If you follow on from Mothel, you will come out straight across from the Red Entrance

I cant post a map..

If you look it up on AAroutes, you will be able to follow what I mean.

Cheers but can we get from the red entrance to the blue entrance driving?

Daisies wrote: »
    Cheers but can we get from the red entrance to the blue entrance driving?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Not sure what happened to the what's app group cant be bothered going through replies here haha... heading to the festival now flying solo if anyone fancies a beer ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

We got stuck in the traffic from Carrick to the blue gate from 12:30 to 2:30.

The problem seemed to be they were letting the drop-offs out the same gate and it is not big enough for 2way traffic.

The walk from the carpark to wristbands is hilly and stoney. Small wheels will struggle.

The walk from wristbands to Both Sides Now is long and it will piss you off when you realise you are doubling back on yourself.

... But it is worth it. Lots of space still and the neighbours look good.

Tent up and first can finished.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jesus, what a disaster. Myself and the missus sipping cool drinks outside the tent thanks to Google maps directing us at the last minute down the M9 and the across via boreens to the red gate, 5 cars in front of us. I couldn't believe it. My sister now 4 hours since she left Swords.

Just heard on Today FM that ATN have been forced to deny that festival is cancelled as that is the rumour. Reading comments on FB of people (particularly with children) turning around and heading home. We have now travelled 1km in 2h 40m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭enricoh

Are u allowed drink n drive if stuck in a queue?! On the motorway in carlow n its closed due to a crash!
    This is gonna affect my clashfinder!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anybody needing down the m7 and plan on taking junction 17 for any reason....

Avoid as there's an accident 2 kms on the abbeyleix side. Traffic at a stand still for 20 mins... Hope no one is seriously hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just heard on Today FM that ATN have been forced to deny that festival is cancelled as that is the rumour. Reading comments on FB of people (particularly with children) turning around and heading home. We have now travelled 1km in 2h 40m

That's a bit daft of them without double checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Shawnee Poole

The Blue Gate entrance and the Red Gate entrance are on the R677 road from Carrick-on-Suir to Kilmacthomas.
    The Blue Gate is nearer to Carrick-on-Suir and the Red Gate is nearer to Kilmacthomas.
    Travel the R676 road from Carrick-on-Suir to Dungarvan about 5 miles to the cross roads for Clonea [Clonea Power] turning on to the R678 road to Clonea. Pass through Clonea village and a further 2 miles to the Red Gate.

Advertisement