Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Ok we're 28km from Carrick coming from the Clonmel side and heading to the blue entrance, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Daisies wrote:
    Ok we're 28km from Carrick coming from the Clonmel side and heading to the blue entrance, any tips?

Know any good car games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Hearing reports that Gardai are turning people away saying the festival is cancelled at least for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Hearing reports that Gardai are turning people away saying the festival is cancelled at least for today.

Huh? We're in, hardly accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That's bollocks. Am down here and it's kb full swing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

The Blue Gate entrance and the Red Gate entrance are on the R677 road from Carrick-on-Suir to Kilmacthomas.
    The Blue Gate is nearer to Carrick-on-Suir and the Red Gate is nearer to Kilmacthomas.
    Travel the R676 road from Carrick-on-Suir to Dungarvan about 5 miles to the cross roads for Clonea [Clonea Power] turning on to the R678 road to Clonea. Pass through Clonea village and a further 2 miles to the Red Gate.

How busy is that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ATN - Awful Traffic Now. Sounds like hell, hope ye get there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭taramurf

Has anyone been able to go through Red Gate and get a wristband with general camping tickets. We are thinking of walking to Red rather than driving/getting stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

When ye have that first can guys ye will have fast forgotten this traffic ****e... enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shawnee Poole

How busy is that route?

4 Camper vans passed through Clonea between 16.15 and 16.30. I don't know about the Red Gate entrance.

• Advertisement

There is gonna some serious backlash from this, I'd always defend the festival within reason but this traffic organization has been abysmal. People will be expecting to be compensated in some way for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Anyone know how long the walk is from Red Camp to pod pads? Still 4km away. Absolutel dumpster fire of a drive down

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

endainoz wrote: »
    There is gonna some serious backlash from this, I'd always defend the festival within reason but this traffic organization has been abysmal. People will be expecting to be compensated in some way for sure.

I doubt they will be granted a license next year, guards will do their nut and locals won’t stand for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

KILKENNY/CARLOW: The M9 is closed to southbound traffic at J7 Paulstown as emergency services deal with a collision there. Traffic is very slow to exit at J6 Carlow South.

TIPPERARY/WATERFORD: There are extremely long delays on routes in and around Carrick-On-Suir as people head to All Together Now in Curraghmore House in Waterford(see EVENTS below).

It’s especially slow heading into Carrick-on-Suir on the N24 from the Clonmel side. Then outside the town, it's extremely heavy on the Kilmeaden Rd (R680) towards Carrick-on-Suir from the Fiddown turn-off, with delays continuing onto the Dungarvan Rd (R676) to the blue gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I doubt they will be granted a license next year, guards will do their nut and locals won’t stand for it

Awful having people getting stuck on a road into it...

Surely it's the guards who should be directing the traffic and not the organisers of the festival left to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Sure as hell the economy gets better and you start getting people cutting corners. Bad misjudgement from ATN. Can't just be people putting Portlaw into sat nav the issue

I'd say Melvin Benns cold beer will taste even sweeter this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Fieldog wrote: »
    Awful having people getting stuck on a road into it...

Surely it's the guards who should be directing the traffic and not the organisers of the festival left to do that?

Traffic plan is created in conjunction with Garda but it seems there is absolutely no one directing at all. Also looks like only two old country roads being used for the gates

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

From GoldenPlec Twitter;

“Long delays heading into #ATN19 #AllTogetherNow be sure and stock up on water if you are heading down currently. Warning: There are men in hi-vis jackets in Waterford directing people to park in a field which is actually an overflow carpark for a local funeral not the festival”

☝️that’s some Father Ted type stuff right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

From GoldenPlec Twitter;

“Long delays heading into #ATN19 #AllTogetherNow be sure and stock up on water if you are heading down currently. Warning: There are men in hi-vis jackets in Waterford directing people to park in a field which is actually an overflow carpark for a local funeral not the festival”

☝️that’s some Father Ted type stuff right there.

Why stock up on water? Plenty of taps here

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

taramurf wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to go through Red Gate and get a wristband with general camping tickets. We are thinking of walking to Red rather than driving/getting stuck.

Yep loads are doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Why stock up on water? Plenty of taps here

There is no tap in my car. Which I’ve now been sitting in for six hours. Four of those in this jam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

PinkCamper wrote: »
    There is no tap in my car. Which I’ve now been sitting in for six hours. Four of those in this jam

Sorry, I thought you meant bring water to the campsite, my apologies.

The Blue Gate entrance and the Red Gate entrance are on the R677 road from Carrick-on-Suir to Kilmacthomas.
    The Blue Gate is nearer to Carrick-on-Suir and the Red Gate is nearer to Kilmacthomas.
    Travel the R676 road from Carrick-on-Suir to Dungarvan about 5 miles to the cross roads for Clonea [Clonea Power] turning on to the R678 road to Clonea. Pass through Clonea village and a further 2 miles to the Red Gate.

I travelled the 3 miles from Clonea village to the Red Gate at 18.15 and arrived directly at the Gate.
    There is a queue of traffic coming from both Carrick-on-Suir and Kilmacthomas to enter the gate with a Garda directing the traffic and allowing an equal number from each side to enter in turn so I'm sure the same will apply to the traffic from Clonea.
    There was a steward at the gate also.
    I met some extra traffic on my return journey heading towards the Red Gate.

I think it's safe to say we are getting absolutely hammered one we get inside in about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

I travelled the 3 miles from Clonea village to the Red Gate at 18.15 and arrived directly at the Gate.
    There is a queue of traffic coming from both Carrick-on-Suir and Kilmacthomas to enter the gate with a Garda directing the traffic and allowing an equal number from each side to enter in turn so I'm sure the same will apply to the traffic from Clonea.
    There was a steward at the gate also.
    I met some extra traffic on my return journey heading towards the Red Gate.

We are getting dropped down soon, we have general camping tickets, will we be able to get in red gate do you think for a drop off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Seems like a big overreaction, and I hope you're wrong.
    I can't see the issue for a couple of hours being so bad that they would cancel the festival. Worth noting that not everybody had the same issue, and with EP people learned to travel later or earlier as they went on. No doubt the same will happen here. They may open the gates on Thursday night next year. It also must bring a bit of cash into Portlaw.

Part of me hopes that John Reynolds knew exactly what he was doing when he agreed or chose Curraghmore as the spot. It is unlikely to be able to grow to the size of EP, hopefully making it a perfect size festival for many years to come.

No doubt there will be some form of tribute to him at it.

The people of Portlaw mightn't be all that put out by it for one day a year (I doubt tomorrow will be as bad).

ROLL ON ATN 2020!!!! (I'll start the thread now :P)

We are getting dropped down soon, we have general camping tickets, will we be able to get in red gate do you think for a drop off?

As posted on the All Together Now site the entrance for the General Weekend Camping and all Drop Offs have to use the Blue Gate.
    From Clonea Village travel through Mothel and to the sign for the Pattern Well and this road will bring you to the Blue Gate. I don't have any traffic information.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

As posted on the All Together Now site the entrance for the General Weekend Camping and all Drop Offs have to use the Blue Gate.
    From Clonea Village travel through Mothel and to the sign for the Pattern Well and this road will bring you to the Blue Gate. I don't have any traffic information.

Thanks so much ☺️

Suckit wrote:
    Seems like a big overreaction, and I hope you're wrong. I can't see the issue for a couple of hours being so bad that they would cancel the festival. Worth noting that not everybody had the same issue, and with EP people learned to travel later or earlier as they went on. No doubt the same will happen here. They may open the gates on Thursday night next year. It also must bring a bit of cash into Portlaw.

The majority of us left with plenty of time, it's a hell of a lot more than 2 hours delay, I have been sitting in traffic for just over 5 hours now. It's pretty disgraceful. People still have to que to pitch tents and park etc. Never experienced anything like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Can’t wait for the Netflix documentary.

Advertisement