Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

If you are in a Campervan on the R676 having left Carrick-on-suir and heading for the Red Carpark, do not follow the main festival traffic toward the Blue Carpark via that zig zag route. Turn around, head for the hill and follow the R676 to Clonea, then to the R678 straight to Clonea and Red Carpark. There is no traffic on that route. We must have saved ourselves 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Sitting in my apartment in Dublin hesitating over whether to head down tonight... at this stage I've friends who haven't moved more than 10km in 5 hours. Anyone else wondering whether to head down now or wait til the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

My friends ditched the car at a house and walked, here now and collect the car tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The passing of John Reynolds has been detrimental to the festival.
    He was a class act but unfortunately it seems there is only goons left running it.
    Whoever is in charge of their Facebook updates should be sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

It's really quite remarkable how poorly organised and communicated this all is. There is literally no signs or staff at crucial access points in the surrounding areas. I was talking to a guard and he's completely in the dark. I felt sorry for him. The staff member at the Green Route emergency entrance has no idea why signs are listing it as 'all traffic"

I'm still in my car but I already know I won't be coming back next year. There's too many well organised festivals these days to make a return visit to this horror show worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

Lots of people getting off buses after being on them for 4 hours and walking the rest of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

This is incredible. Feeling so jammy that a) we cancelled our annual leave day to head up on Saturday instead, and b) decided to stay in a local B&B instead of camping. What absolute sh*tshow from the organisers. Just hoping now that the traffic is ok in the morning and the parking situation in the car park is alright. If we can escape any issues there, our ATN experience should be fairly unaffected. Will never touch this festival again. Can see this being the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

What an absolute disaster. Greed has taken over, approx 7,000+ more people than last year.

I drive those roads regularly and they cannot cope with that amount of traffic. The organizers know that, the Gardai know that, but again greed and money have taken over.

Their PR is a disaster and whoever is in charge should be sacked. The fact they are blaming those in the cars for driving to the festival is just sickening. Shifting the blame to everyone else but themselves.

I generally feel awful for those who paid and are spending the rest of the night in Traffic missing out on the acts.

Speaking to some locals earlier, their businesses have been affected today, some cant even leave their house or head home. I honestly think a good festival has been ruined.

Apparently 22,000 tickets sold this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

My FOMO has been entirely wiped out. Sounds like what I feared would happen with the expansion has happened. Also removing the Portlaw drop-off system looks to have been a massive disaster.

• Advertisement

Absolute disaster this year. To think it went so so smooth last year in the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The traffic chaos down there made the RTE 9 o'clock news so it must be some mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Where does this rank in the all time Irish festival gridlock charts?

This sounds like some **** show. Still traffic jams at this hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Has to be number 1, peeps still stuck. I've never known any festival to be this bad for traffic and I've been going to festivals for longer than I care to admit here

Can confirm traffic chaos still continuing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

How come some people were able to leave Dublin at 12 today and were in their tent before 5pm? Different route?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It's really not ok, very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They may go back to the 20,000 people next year, if that is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

ATN will have to work very hard at better PR to sell tickets for next year you'd think.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

this country can do ****ing nothing right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

ATN will have to work very hard at better PR to sell tickets for next year you'd think.

Going to have to pull out some big names in early announcements to get any interest in it, we were thinking of ditching EP next year for ATN, they’d nearly need to announce Bowie to sway me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Held off on travelling this evening due to bad reports, plan on getting there early tomorrow, I'm sure a lot have done the same so it may be no better. Feel for those stranded today, particularly with young kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Not going to lie, but traffic and cars are a scourge in general.
    would have made a lot more sense to have remote/distance parking and shuttle busses in.
    Cars are laziness, if you'd have walked or cycled from 5km away you'd have been there in 30 minutes. But people would rather sit in their cars for several hours polluting the place.

Much like the traffic problems in cities.

Although thats largely down to the organiser I guess.

Lack of facilities and infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭enricoh

Went over the suspension bridge n cut across back roads at portlaw n flew in, have mates that went carrick n disaster, waiting on two of em now typing this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

EP has had some disasters in that regard - I remember my friends missing LCD Soundsystem in 2007 because they had been stuck in traffic for a good 6 hours.

Ironically - same company that's now running ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

would have made a lot more sense to have remote/distance parking and shuttle busses in.
    Cars are laziness, if you'd have walked or cycled from 5km away you'd have been there in 30 minutes. But people would rather sit in their cars for several hours polluting the place.

I’m surprised you had time to post here after that PR statement on Facebook

MJohnston wrote: »
    EP has had some disasters in that regard - I remember my friends missing LCD Soundsystem in 2007 because they had been stuck in traffic for a good 6 hours.

Ironically - same company that's now running ATN.

Ironic or a trend?

And are people supposed to hump everything in for the weekend in a saddle bag?
    Delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Maisie123

It was total lack of organisation - would have happily taken a shuttle bus if available. I’ve taken a bus to EP every year because they are frequent and available. Was 6 hours in traffic without seeing any organisers or Gardaí to direct. Luckily I had a friend in Waterford could call to stay with but there were miles of tailbacks when I turned around and people walking in the dusk along county roads a disaster waiting to happen

Advertisement