Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Does anyone know the expected official figures for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

Suckit wrote: »
    Does anyone know the expected official figures for it?

22,500 tickets sold apparently. I'm very skeptical about any information released by ATN because they'll probably just be covering themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

WTF have they done to the area around the house this year?

EBCqypNWkAAaxfT?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

It was absolutely horrendous to be fair, got the tent pitched for about midnight in the end. All we got to see was a bit of arcadia. I don't think I'll ever come back after that ordeal.

With all that ranting aside, woke up and had the first can at 10 things are going well, have some great neighbours, really fresh and looking forward to the day.

So I'm going to enjoy what's left of it. Really looking forward to Patti Smith and hot chip.

endainoz wrote: »
    It was absolutely horrendous to be fair, got the tent pitched for about midnight in the end. All we got to see was a bit of arcadia. I don't think I'll ever come back after that ordeal.

With all that ranting aside, woke up and had the first can at 10 things are going well, have some great neighbours, really fresh and looking forward to the day.

So I'm going to enjoy what's left of it. Really looking forward to Patti Smith and hot chip.

Should be a cracking weekend, hopefully that becomes a distant memory and the rest of it is amazing. I had last minute problems that stopped me from going, I couldn't even give away my tickets. :(
    I gave them away this morning though.

Despite the ordeal, I still would love to be there.
    Aceso wrote: »
    22,500 tickets sold apparently. I'm very skeptical about any information released by ATN because they'll probably just be covering themselves.

I thought it was closer to 30,000? Already hearing different versions.
    I see now, 'Just over 20,000'.

I was texted 14,000 lst year to 29,000 this year.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I remember reading that It was meant to be 10,000 last year, 15,000 this year 20,000 next year and the hitting max 25,000 after that. They have 10 year lease on the site.

It sounds like the jumped up at least 5,000 by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

greenspurs wrote: »
    good stuff !

As I said in previous post...
    Some people think plans don't count, and shouldn't be followed... :rolleyes:
    Remember when you are sitting in your car, Q'ing up to go in the correct entrance to where you are staying, think of all the gob****es just going in whatever entrance they feel they can use.....

Car park might be more convenient, but they will walk further !!! :D:D:D:D

We went to the Red carpark, against the general advice. 2mins of traffic, tent pitched up within 15mins in the Both Sides Now campsite. If we had gone to the Blue carpark, as directed, we would have been in the car for hours, and then had a massive walk. "correct" entrance was bollocks, convenient carpark was much less of a walk.

None of the toilets in the campsite were replenished with toilet paper... same with inside the arena, many toilets with no toilet paper and absolutely manky. I expect that at 3am, not 9am or 2pm... 3/4 of the toilets in the campsite are closed, the ones that are open haven't been cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

And just to add, we had a great time when we were in. Great first day, fantastic setup, like EP in the early years. Such a nice and friendly crowd too.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I remember reading that It was meant to be 10,000 last year, 15,000 this year 20,000 next year and the hitting max 25,000 after that. They have 10 year lease on the site.

It sounds like the jumped up at least 5,000 by all accounts.

Yeah, I remember a few people being surprised when they announced the capacity this year, but I couldn't remember what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yeah, I remember a few people being surprised when they announced the capacity this year, but I couldn't remember what it was.

From memory it was originally 10,000 but was then bumped to 15,000 last year.

Although I can't confirm if 15,000 attended.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

None of the toilets in the campsite were replenished with toilet paper... same with inside the arena, many toilets with no toilet paper and absolutely manky. I expect that at 3am, not 9am or 2pm... 3/4 of the toilets in the campsite are closed, the ones that are open haven't been cleaned.

One thing you should always have at a festival, is your own toilet roll.

We moved our tent to both sides now this morn. Pita bit worth it to get away from some absolutely horrendous neighbours. If you're still snorting at 5 am, I don't want to be beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is the no toilet roll all part of their holier than thou attitude to “going green”

Weepsie wrote: »

We moved our tent to both sides now this morn. Pita bit worth it to get away from some absolutely horrendous neighbours. If you're still snorting at 5 am, I don't want to be beside it.

I have never gone to a festival without my own toilet roll. That would probably be number one on a list of things to bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I have never gone to a festival without my own toilet roll. That would probably be number one on a list of things to bring.

Number two, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I'm after ****ting myself so bad at this festival lads. I'm actually embarrassed. White shorts ruined on me.

Oh jesus, I have my own toilet roll, I have loads, just saying the toilets would always be cleaned at least once a day at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Traffic is now flowing freely stop whinging ffs

Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I thought it was closer to 30,000? Already hearing different versions.
    I see now, 'Just over 20,000'.

I was texted 14,000 lst year to 29,000 this year.. :rolleyes:

The figure they are actually licensed for will be on their planning permission documents and fire/emergency plans if anyone wants to look it up. Doesnt mean theyve sold that amount of tickets or anything but if you're a promoter and are licensed and insured for 30,000 then you'll try to sell the 30,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Looking at the festival website, GoCar is the official transport partner, which makes the response to the traffic chaos (essentially criticizing customers for using their cars) a little contradictory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I think we'd the same neighbours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Anyone know who the remaining special guests/surprise acts are?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Ah this rain is poxy I thought we'd only be having a couple of light showers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's fair enough to have to bring it but really shouldn't have to need it so early and that's on the festival. With the weather now it's been a downer definitely on last year

dirtyden wrote: »
    Looking at the festival website, GoCar is the official transport partner, which makes the response to the traffic chaos (essentially criticizing customers for using their cars) a little contradictory.

Think the idea there was to carpool but why you would need to rent a car to do that is beyond me. Their response on FB was very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Can't wait for Hopkins though

Is it lashing down?

Is it lashing down?

Clearing now tbf but was fairly heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

some amount of moaning on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

It was only a bit of water. Didn't spoil anything and lovely and mild out now.

Loyle Carner was brilliant and got a great reaction.

Advertisement