Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

How's the ground holding up after the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

How's the ground holding up after the rain?

Very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

Thank God for the rain. It sorted those bloody wasps out in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

Any food recommendations? Anyone find any good pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Had a great day yesterday, sat out the rain in the caravan. Was was fairly pisssd but I remember seeing two dudes with lightning coming out of their heads.
    Went to the comedy tent to see who was on, Eric Lalor came out and my god he is still doing the same set word for word as he was doing 12 years ago. Kiasmos were brilliant. Making baileys coffee now, deal with reality tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Jon Hopkins was worth the entry price on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Jon Hopkins was worth the entry price on his own

Elevator music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

s8n wrote: »
    Elevator music

Each to their own my cloven hooved friend. Mind you if you know of any elevators playing Jon Hopkins regularly you might let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

Elevator music

15 year old comment. Watch out, it might have acne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

some amount of moaning on this thread
    It's Waterford, next they'll be marching for a 24-hour music festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

some amount of moaning on this thread
    Elevator music

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Interested to hear peoples reports compared to last year

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Great day yesterday. Glasshouse in the sun were great. Rte orchestra playing Leonard Cohen interesting but my god they shouldnt have let david keenan anywhere near it. Mick Flannery was the perfect one to sing Cohen.

Father John Misty and Patti Smith both good. Sing along social and the kelly anne byrne prince tribute were great fun. Didnt mind the rain too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Did anyone see Just Mustard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Great day yesterday. Glasshouse in the sun were great. Rte orchestra playing Leonard Cohen interesting but my god they shouldnt have let david keenan anywhere near it. Mick Flannery was the perfect one to sing Cohen.

Father John Misty and Patti Smith both good. Sing along social and the kelly anne byrne prince tribute were great fun. Didnt mind the rain too much

What was the story with David Keenan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

RTE Orchestra playing Leonard Cohen was good but nothing it should have been.

David keenan as said earlier, shouldn't have been let anywhere near it. I'd go as far to say he ruined some of the songs!

Also where was Glen Hansard?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Interested to hear peoples reports compared to last year

Not there myself but I'm not getting great reports myself from people there.

Traffic horror show aside, I'm hearing the toilets are really bad, rubbish bins not being emptied, constant changes to schedules.

As a EP veteran who was hoping ATN would be the longer term solution, I'll be massively disappointed if POD have royally ****ed this up. It is not as if POD have not run festivals in the past. They should be getting the basics like toilets and rubbish collection spot on.

Anyway, I'm sure people will start posting their reviews of the weekend from this time tomorrow. We shall see

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

I

Not there myself but I'm not getting great reports myself from people there.

Traffic horror show aside, I'm hearing the toilets are really bad, rubbish bins not being emptied, constant changes to schedules.

As a EP veteran who was hoping ATN would be the longer term solution, I'll be massively disappointed if POD have royally ****ed this up. It is not as if POD have not run festivals in the past. They should be getting the basics like toilets and rubbish collection spot on.

Anyway, I'm sure people will start posting their reviews of the weekend from this time tomorrow. We shall see

Agree with all of that. The toilets in the campsite weren't cleaned until yesterday evening, 3/4 were just closed entirely until around 6pm. Every toilet in the arena was piled high all day and all night Friday and Saturday.

We're trying to get out now and they're having vehicles entering via the same narrow bog road as we're exiting. Good luck tomorrow morning that's all I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MargoChanning

Aceso wrote: »
    Agree with all of that. The toilets in the campsite weren't cleaned until yesterday evening, 3/4 were just closed entirely until around 6pm. Every toilet in the arena was piled high all day and all night Friday and Saturday.

We're trying to get out now and they're having vehicles entering via the same narrow bog road as we're exiting. Good luck tomorrow morning that's all I'm saying.
    Yeah the toilets were absolutely horrific yesterday, literally piled high and Uncleaned the smell from them was horrific.

Re the traffic it was the same yesterday afternoon when we were coming in- vehicles exiting on the same road that we were entering so it was taking ages. Also it’s a bog road/ cow path and the car was skidding as we were making room for cars to get past us. Not ideal

Also as we were exiting last night the steward made us wait for ages at the gate saying a minibus was coming in so we couldn’t go out on the road- minibus never came so he had us stopped there for ten mins for nothing??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The amount of whinging here is incredible. Everyone I know seems to have had a good time. This is a festival only in its second year people have to remember that and of course there was a considerable increase in the volume of people allowed in.

This is why we can't have nice things. People who are saying they could habe royally ****ed up are really being dishonest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think the idea there was to carpool but why you would need to rent a car to do that is beyond me. Their response on FB was very poor

I think to accept sponsorship from a car rental company to me demonstrates the philosophy of the organizers was not sustainability rather maximum profit.

If you don’t want people to use cars you don’t have a car rental company as your transport sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

The amount of whinging here is incredible. Everyone I know seems to have had a good time. This is a festival only in its second year people have to remember that and of course there was a considerable increase in the volume of people allowed in.

This is why we can't have nice things. People who are saying they could habe royally ****ed up are really being dishonest.

I was not there, but I know people who were. There were a significant portion of patrons stuck in a non moving jam between carrick and the venue for over 6 hrs, missing all of the Friday they paid for. Many with kids turned and went home. They absolutely royally messed up the organization. How will they get it right if they are not called out on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Having toilets cleaned regularly should not be difficult . Or do festivals have to be going for 6/7 years before they realise that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Loads of people leaving all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Or......this is why we always get sh1t things, by just putting up with bad service or making excuses for it.

People are entitled to call out bad organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Went out yesterday with kids - didn't bring in any drink.
    Going back out this evening - no kids today so bringing red wine decanted into small plastic water bottles.
    Can we explain we didn't bring alcohol yesterday and be open with security or do we need to smuggle it in? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MargoChanning

Went out yesterday with kids - didn't bring in any drink.
    Going back out this evening - no kids today so bringing red wine decanted into small plastic water bottles.
    Can we explain we didn't bring alcohol yesterday and be open with security or do we need to smuggle it in? ;)

Locals from portlaw get Sunday only tickets so there’s a fair few extra people heading in today, heard from them that security are checking bags today and confiscating cans/bottles with alcohol in them. So I’d say smuggle the drink in, just in case you’re unlucky and it’s taken from you

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

People can "whinge" all they want. If you have a shit time somewhere, of course you're going to voice your dissatisfaction and hopefully the organisers will listen.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    What are you blabbering on about? You did the same on the first day when people where rightfully giving out about the traffic issues.

Of course people are allowed complain about the organisation of the festival. The event is being run by veteran festival / event organisers, there is no excuse for the traffic issues and site maintenance issues being reported. You'd swear by your post this is their first time running something!

"This is why we can't have nice things" - :confused: So we should just accept sub-par organisation and just go along with it? No thanks.

Exactly!! Do people really believe that the different core groups of staff, security, cleaning crews, stewards etc don't work other festivals all year long? That's why the problems this weekend have been so unbelievable. Most of them will probably work EP in a few weeks and those 55000+ will be better managed than this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Aceso wrote: »

It's either poor organising or cost cutting or both. They increased the attendance without increasing staff. Saw barely any stewards compared to last year. The acts I've seen have been decent but tbh feel like they could easily squeeze same amount into 2 nights. I'm committed to seeing the National otherwise the weather would make me consider heading home early to avoid issues when everyone is going tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Really enjoyed the bingo loco there last night and the sing along too but left this morning so I could catch some Spraoi.

An all round enjoyable event, would I go again yes subject to a more recognizable headline act and further traffic measures.

Advertisement