Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

What was the story with David Keenan?

Rte must like him and want to promote him. I dunno id heard good things about him before but he fairly butchered so long Marianne

Rte must like him and want to promote him. I dunno id heard good things about him before but he fairly butchered so long Marianne

His own set was great that night. Thought he was decent with the orchestra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Loads of people leaving all day.

I left at 10am and there was loads leaving with me even at that time,id say that car park is going to be crazy again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I left at 10am and there was loads leaving with me even at that time,id say that car park is going to be crazy again in the morning.

I moved my car an hour ago from the car park to the caravan, the car park is a slippery mess. There's gonna be trouble getting out in the morning. But right now I don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

No shortage of moaning this year, will be interesting to hear the feedback reports from the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

s8n wrote: »
    No shortage of moaning this year, will be interesting to hear the feedback reports from the morning.

You again. Moaning about the moaning I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Not going to mention the traffic issues as already well known and really enjoyed the festival vibe once there. Pity the weather was bad but can't do anything about that.
    But to the organisers if your reading, can you sort out the overall access to family area.
    EP has separate access for families and an easy walk to camping.
    ATN was a steep long walk to site and how come there were only 3 showers and toilets only at 1 end? Must have been about 3000 in family camping. Last year according to people who went there was a row of about 20 showers.
    They cant use the excuse that it's only the 2nd festival. The experienced security were all from across the water. But whoever organised the logistics of the access etc should be sacked as didnt do their job.
    Good luck driving up that steep hill in the car after all the rain

dirtyden wrote: »
    I was not there, but I know people who were. There were a significant portion of patrons stuck in a non moving jam between carrick and the venue for over 6 hrs, missing all of the Friday they paid for. Many with kids turned and went home. They absolutely royally messed up the organization. How will they get it right if they are not called out on it?

I was talking to a family who left there car in Carrick and walked it instead but couldn't carry airbeds so just tent and sleeping bags was all they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

You again. Moaning about the moaning I see.

It has been hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Good the Bad and the Queen fecking epic. 100% the highlight of the weekend. Damon is some man. I'll give some general feedback tomorrow. They have some stuff to sort alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

Any suggestions re route back towards tipperary. Thinking of avoiding Carrick on suir but everybody will be doing that. Another option is south to main n25 road and then dungarvan towards tipp? Would prefer long distance over stuck in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Nok is it clonmel direction your going, what carpark are you in?

Nok is it clonmel direction your going, what carpark are you in?

Clonmel ardfinnan direction. Finding out for wife who down there so dont know what carpark.

It seems according to aa that they will be sending people different directions based on car parks so may not be as bad as friday!

Either the red of the blue car park she can go straight across the road and go through Clonea Power and then up through Rathgormack. Its a 20 minute drive that way. Avoiding carrick she wants to pass through Rathgormack.

Perfect thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Apart from being sent back down the mud road to the car park instead of the short way (probably to deliberately slow people down) getting out has been painless. I think it should be ok as long as no one breaks down.

Toast wrote: »
    Apart from being sent back down the mud road to the car park instead of the short way (probably to deliberately slow people down) getting out has been painless. I think it should be ok as long as no one breaks down.

You've just jinxed it..! :P

Up at 7, sun shining, straight out. Nice to finish the weekend with everything working as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Are guards breathalysing on way out? Hopefully not, just a little paranoid.

• Advertisement

Spins wrote: »

I didn't spot one on the road to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Spins wrote: »

Hopefully they are .If you're a little paranoid maybe delay leaving so that you're not driving while over the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

argentum wrote: »
    Hopefully they are .If you're a little paranoid maybe delay leaving so that you're not driving while over the limit

Sensible advice. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

They seem to be on top of their game this morning, possibly trying to make up for Friday.

About 10 stewards directing us where to go earlier in regards car parks, buses etc.loads on hand to help..

Great weekend all in all apart from some issues that could be easily resolved if someone cares,
    some fantastic talent, and really loved all the comedians.

Got up and out early this mornin cause my tent was soaked and i couldnt sleep.

I'll return next year!

Right, I preface this by saying I had a great weekend but if you're giving a review, you give it warts and all.

So, some great gigs. The Good the Bad and the Queen best of the weekend, a proper show, Damon flying. The National great also, honourable mentions to the Claque, Just Mustard, Angie McMahon, Patti, Black Midi, Fontaines Mick Flannery and David Keenan. I love the Murder Capital but they could really do with giving up the am dram, faffing around with cigarettes, hugging each other, sitting on the stage etc.

The rain doesn't help but lots of minuses for me this year. Toilets and bins worse than I've ever seen them at EP and what were they thinking with the vendors? Queues all weekend, loads of places sold out and closed early.

I thought the loss of the house area was a huge miss. Loved it down there last year, obviously they had their reasons for limiting it to kids and curious minds but not having it at night changed the feel of the place for me.

Never again with Podpads either, loads of problems, manky toilets whole weekend.

More people, less staff, less room. Lost the house area at night but despite upping capacity the only extra land was the overflow campsite becoming the new bandstand area.

Music card felt light last year, same again this year. Times when there was zero music playing anywhere on site. You can't have that.

Not much point in me going on about the traffic, lack of signage or thought in the traffic situation. Old news but still pretty much beyond belief.

Lots of giving out there. Soz. First world problems, eh?I'm back to Stradbally in a few weeks and I'm confident it will be a more fulfilling weekend for me.

By the way, that Black Midi drummer! That was some serious drumming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Won't go back next year I don't think. It'd need a special lineup. The lack of communication, traffic, clueless stewards, terrible entrance routes to the campaites.

They had something special last year, maybe it was the weather but that seems to have been lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Right, I preface this by saying I had a great weekend but if you're giving a review, you give it warts and all.

So, some great gigs. The Good the Bad and the Queen best of the weekend, a proper show, Damon flying. The National great also, honourable mentions to the Claque, Just Mustard, Angie McMahon, Patti, Black Midi, Fontaines Mick Flannery and David Keenan. I love the Murder Capital but they could really do with giving up the am dram, faffing around with cigarettes, hugging each other, sitting on the stage etc.

The rain doesn't help but lots of minuses for me this year. Toilets and bins worse than I've ever seen them at EP and what were they thinking with the vendors? Queues all weekend, loads of places sold out and closed early.

I thought the loss of the house area was a huge miss. Loved it down there last year, obviously they had their reasons for limiting it to kids and curious minds but not having it at night changed the feel of the place for me.

Never again with Podpads either, loads of problems, manky toilets whole weekend.

More people, less staff, less room. Lost the house area at night but despite upping capacity the only extra land was the overflow campsite becoming the new bandstand area.

Music card felt light last year, same again this year. Times when there was zero music playing anywhere on site. You can't have that.

Not much point in me going on about the traffic, lack of signage or thought in the traffic situation. Old news but still pretty much beyond belief.

Lots of giving out there. Soz. First world problems, eh?I'm back to Stradbally in a few weeks and I'm confident it will be a more fulfilling weekend for me.

Pretty much spot on. I was lucky enough to avoid any of the traffic chaos. I took a wrong turn and went into the town of Clonea and got thru to the camper site in no time.

The house and the lake were a major focus of the festival last year, why they changed that I'll never know. Bad call IMO.

The lineup was very light. I found myself looking thru the clashfinder on sunday particularly and thinking it was sparse.

Was it just me or did anyone think there were less food stalls? Maybe it was a case that there seemed to be less due to the capacity increase. Almost all the food stalls were closing up around the main food area near the bandstand at 8pm.

Anyways despite all that it was a decent weekend. The national, jon hopkins, kiasmos and orbital were all class.

The rose tinted view of the first festival is definitely gone now. I'll hang off buying a ticket for next year until I see the lineup. Even then I dont think they can compete with EP on that so I might be back to stradbally next year instead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Belter of a weekend!

No issues with traffic for us at least, took a back road from Portlaw up to the blue gate, probably sat in traffic for 5-10 mins around 12:30.

Checked into tangerine fields, no line when we arrived just some guy on the phone sorting tent numbers, got taken to our tent then, great service really I'll be sticking with them going forward, general camping looked a little cramped.

Fontaines DC were very disappointing, felt like they did not wanna be there at all.
    Beoga were great, tried to get into junior brother but the tent was rammed for him, really enjoyed the murder capital, Black Midi were fine not gone on his vocals, John grant put on a great show, George fitzgerald probably made the weekend.

Exiting today around 11 was smooth, bring on next year

• Advertisement

Pretty much spot on. I was lucky enough to avoid any of the traffic chaos. I took a wrong turn and went into the town of Clonea and got thru to the camper site in no time.

The house and the lake were a major focus of the festival last year, why they changed that I'll never know. Bad call IMO.

The lineup was very light. I found myself looking thru the clashfinder on sunday particularly and thinking it was sparse.

Was it just me or did anyone think there were less food stalls? Maybe it was a case that there seemed to be less due to the capacity increase. Almost all the food stalls were closing up around the main food area near the bandstand at 8pm.

Anyways despite all that it was a decent weekend. The national, jon hopkins, kiasmos and orbital were all class.

The rose tinted view of the first festival is definitely gone now. I'll hang off buying a ticket for next year until I see the lineup. Even then I dont think they can compete with EP on that so I might be back to stradbally next year instead

Another angle to the above , As I go with family its all about them and a bit for me but they really cocked the access up big time. Unless I can be reassured they fix that, i won't be back. Pity as once in the festival area it was great fun and random chats with strangers was a highlight

Advertisement