Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

The call themselves POD.
    Sure look at the posts on twitter from last one of performers not being paid. They are famous for it.

But how is that legal? Could they not sue and very easily win? The court fee's would pay for themselves. Maybe I'm naive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Last year they announced ticket details for 2019 circa August 17th 2018. Would not be surprised if they had been planning the same in the coming weeks but it could well be a while before we hear anything now.

Surely POD will be licking their wounds for a good few weeks now as they review everything. In order to fix these issues it will mean they will need to incur plenty more costs on their side. You'd have to wonder are the resources even available on the August Bank Holiday? e.g. more portaloos, more cops, more security, more training, more signs, more bins/bin collection etc. There is LOADS of competition for such crucial resources over that weekend. Indiependence among many others.

A ticket price increase won't fly with the punters. Hence, now they are left with less budget to pay for bands.

It wouldn't even completely shock me if it didn't happen again next year. As mentioned here, it sounds like these events are risky to put on and making a profit is very questionable.

I hope I am wrong but I've a bad feeling that ATN (in a format that we want), just won't be feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Last year they announced ticket details for 2019 circa August 17th 2018. Would not be surprised if they had been planning the same in the coming weeks but it could well be a while before we hear anything now.
    I was gonna ask about the date that they released the early birds last year. Surely they're in a really awkward position now. They can't really announce them this month due to the negative press so far and they probably won't be able to announce them next month because EP will be releasing theirs. It'll probably be before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Surely POD will be licking their wounds for a good few weeks now as they review everything. In order to fix these issues it will mean they will need to incur plenty more costs on their side. You'd have to wonder are the resources even available on the August Bank Holiday? e.g. more portaloos, more cops, more security, more training, more signs, more bins/bin collection etc. There is LOADS of competition for such crucial resources over that weekend. Indiependence among many others.

A ticket price increase won't fly with the punters. Hence, now they are left with less budget to pay for bands.

It wouldn't even completely shock me if it didn't happen again next year. As mentioned here, it sounds like these events are risky to put on and making a profit is very questionable.

I hope I am wrong but I've a bad feeling that ATN (in a format that we want), just won't be feasible.

I'm not so sure that I have as much confidence in POD's self awareness as you! The public statements they've made in relation to most of 2019's festival (and this goes all the way back to the clusterf*ck they made on social media of the initial announcement) suggest that they aren't really that aware of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sporina wrote: »
    Speaking of Angie, did you hear the comment she made to the guy in the bear suit "you must be an attention seeker"..? Well I was standing beside him and he was nooooot impressed... him and his mates didn't take it well at all; turned on their heels and walked out..

And from my perspective, I was really looking forward to her, but she wrrrrrrecked my head... i stayed on but only cos I had arranged to meet others there and it was raining..

Lisa Hannigan is FANTASTIC but OMG the sound was atrocious at that gig.. suuuch a pity... such amazing instruments on stage - but could barely hear any of them...

In general, the sound in that tent (something kinda wonderful?) over the weekend was v poor in my experiences.. Neneh and Olarfur.. but with the exception of Kiasmos and Jon Hopkins.. twas class for them (don't know about other gigs)..

Sound was v good in road to Nowhere.. Bedouine was class..

That's one precious bear. She said she was also an attention seeker and that she thought it was cool. I really enjoyed Angie, one of the best gigs of the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Slightly random one... I noticed a sterling transaction on my account for £14.00 - €15.34. Enquired with BOI and they said it was 'SumUp The Panoramic Dundonald' which points to me paying for the Big Wheel on last night I think? Whatcha think? Can they charge in sterling?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Increase ticket price + Increase capacity = more money.

Stop free flow = More money for bars = Charge bars more for their pitches.

Re. not on next year . They agreed a 5 (?) year contract with Curraghmore estate ?

Re. not much down by the house - His Lordship didn't like soo many people and the noise near his house

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mulkabu

I had a BRILLIANT weekend.

The forest art... I'd love to know who does this. The Lion, the stag... Is it one person or a group? I'd love them to be showcased on the website. Unreal. We show people abroad photos and they are speechless. The Lion this year topped the running deer at B&S a few years back as my all time fave.

The crowd was great. Our gang likes to think we're the most fun, but every day we met people who were going above and beyond, really bringing the fun/love. People making dopes of themslves, making other starngers th star of the show for 15 mins, giving away stuff they brought to give away... No festival in the world has people as fun, gormless and charming as irish crowds.

Best music - Yankari the afrobeat in Global roots killed it, followed up by Fulle love, who killed it. Kelly Anne Byrne made a fan for life with her Prince love-in. (So turns out there are infinte people in irealnd who know every word to every Prince song, who knew). Orbital, what an act to announce the week of. Too much good music to list.

Will we back next year? (We being a group of about 20 of us who graduated from 10 years of EP to our new home ATN this year). Depends on the communication on traffic/capacity before the pre-sale. We're fine that it wasnt perfect, we just want to know we can go next year without missing a day. (open earlier? thursday? reduced capacity?). If they dont know what went wrong, then we have to go somewhere else.

Brilliant brilliant weekend. Huge props to the peopel who made it so fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

On the recommendations on this thread I've been listening to Kiasmos a lot this week. Wow! Amazing. Love it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Only caught the last 3 songs of Kiasmos and they were outrageously good.

An Aural Orgasm!!

Beautiful melodies to bangin dance beats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that I have as much confidence in POD's self awareness as you! The public statements they've made in relation to most of 2019's festival (and this goes all the way back to the clusterf*ck they made on social media of the initial announcement) suggest that they aren't really that aware of things.

I was thinking this too, the fact that they didnt come out with a major/major apology worries me regarding their blinkered ignorance of what actually happened and not just the friday debacle.................

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

WM18 wrote: »
    I was thinking this too, the fact that they didnt come out with a major/major apology worries me regarding their blinkered ignorance of what actually happened and not just the friday debacle.................

Their social media strategy is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mulkabu wrote: »
    I had a BRILLIANT weekend.

The forest art... I'd love to know who does this. The Lion, the stag... Is it one person or a group? I'd love them to be showcased on the website. Unreal. We show people abroad photos and they are speechless. The Lion this year topped the running deer at B&S a few years back as my all time fave.
    Group of individuals, I know one girl who has been involved in it and she does her own stuff, another girl used to but not sure if she still does, she is involved with jewellery now etc. The ones I knew of were all art student graduates, maybe between college and fully fledged career..
    Some in here https://www.eventbrite.ie/o/national-design-amp-craft-gallery-11140106676
    All over the place I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

MJohnston wrote: »

Ah they've seen the feedback on social media. They also released a statement to the Joe Duffy show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah they've seen the feedback on social media. They also released a statement to the Joe Duffy show
    What did the statement say?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Not sure how true it is but was told they've been deleting a lot of the negative comments from their social media feeds. One friend of mine had a comment deleted. He says he's been told of others. Poor form if true. They should take onboard all feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

Stillill42 wrote: »
    That's one precious bear. She said she was also an attention seeker and that she thought it was cool. I really enjoyed Angie, one of the best gigs of the weekend.

lol... yeah... i guess.. he actually said "and your the one on stage!!"..

I dunno - I don't think she shudda said it - an artist should never belittle their audience..

didn't hear her saying that she was also an attention seeker ... guess i was too preoccupied with the bear.. he was disgusted.
    Glad you enjoyed it but she wrrrreckkked my head... she is defo an attention seeker.. (kinda puts what she said to the bear into context though).. glad she said so.... i was there to hear her play and sing.. not the blah blah blah that was coming out of her mouth..

I like when artists speak to the audience - good engagement etc.. but I felt it was all about HER.. "love at me and listen to me, aren't i great".. grrr..

But each to their own..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I've written to them with feedback, I think it's a good idea if everyone on here does the same. If enough people give constructive feedback they will have to listen. Word of mouth is a strong promotional tool in this country and they will be aware of this especially with the demographic they are chasing

Hello@alltogethernow.ie

We had a lot of the same problems last year (toilets, paper, water, food, stalls, showers, boutique camping issues etc etc) bar the parking and queuing to get in for 8 hours. People on here emailed them. They didn't listen. Not saying not to email again. But it is disappointing that they didn't act on any of the feedback. Particularly given the increase in capacity this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jellybeano

Suckit wrote: »
    What did the statement say?

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21599108

It’s about 5.15 into it, the guards statement is just before it

BaZmO* wrote: »
    On the recommendations on this thread I've been listening to Kiasmos a lot this week. Wow! Amazing. Love it. :)
    Only caught the last 3 songs of Kiasmos and they were outrageously good.

An Aural Orgasm!!

Beautiful melodies to bangin dance beats.

absolutely.. a transcendental musical voyage for me.. and i am still on it... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Not sure how true it is but was told they've been deleting a lot of the negative comments from their social media feeds. One friend of mine had a comment deleted. He says he's been told of others. Poor form if true. They should take onboard all feedback.

It's also poor form to give 1 star, were people's experiences that abysmmal?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

lbj666 wrote: »
    It's also poor form to give 1 star, were people's experiences that abysmmal?

I can't speak for everyone, my own experience was very positive but I also had friends with me that were stuck in trafic for 8 hours and also had grievances about other issues. Everyone should be allowed voice their opinion. Good, bad or indifferent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

greenspurs wrote: »
    Deffo !.

I heard about money being promised to local gaa clubs to steward last year , but monies were never paid, so those gaa clubs refused to help out this year.

Werent we also talking about bands not being paid after last years ATN was over also?

Its a shame , because, I think they will just increase the capacity again next year to increase revenue -> turn into HeadTheBall fest then.

They won’t increase the capacity again because the local council and gardai won’t allow it after this years sh!t show. If they want to get a license at all for next year they’ll probably have to reduce the capacity.

It sounds like the doubling of the attendance is where the problems came from. I wonder was that down to greed or they did they make a loss last year and subsequently had to make a decent profit this year to balance the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

A lot went wrong and I still had an amazing time.

What I cannot believe they didn't do is this

where were the big googly eyes in trees???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I can't speak for everyone, my own experience was very positive but I also had friends with me that were stuck in trafic for 8 hours and also had grievances about other issues. Everyone should be allowed voice their opinion. Good, bad or indifferent

Yes I know, but 1star as opposed to say 2or3 insinuates that all round they had a terrible time and had absolutely no fun whatso ever.

absolutely.. a transcendental musical voyage for me.. and i am still on it... :D

Still ……

:rolleyes: #Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

A lot went wrong and I still had an amazing time.

What I cannot believe they didn't do is this

where were the big googly eyes in trees???

i huge miss!!

2019-08-08.jpg

As were the Caramelised Onions from Lala Poutine....

Still ……

:rolleyes: #Yawn

sounds like you need some Kiasmos... lol...

or maybe "ekki hugsa by Olafur would suit you better.. its more meditative... :D

sounds like you need some Kiasmos... lol...

or maybe "ekki hugsa by Olafur would suit you better.. its more meditative... :D

I actually am listening to Kiasmos !! (Paused) :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I actually am listening to Kiasmos !! (Paused) :D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D....

Advertisement