Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ya it's was surprising they weren't there, I sincerely doubt indiependence had any exclusive agreement with them either.

To be honest other than two brass bands for the most part ATN did seem to vere away from booking the Irish Mainstays of the festival circuit. I am all for supporting Irish acts and they are mostly very good but when you've seen em a million times it gets tiresome.

I don't know about this. I think there was quite an Irish element to it ... David Kitt, Jape, David Keenan, Talos, Trinity Orchestra, Saint Sister (all mainstays I would argue). KKC were an odd omission given the local connection I would agree.

Really looking forward to this announcement.

Coz wrote: »
    Next announcement is the day after Jungle play The Olympia. What are the chances????

They were amazing at EP18. I'd be delighted to see them at ATN19.

Gets my vote !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Email sent out by ATN that doesn't say much other than that Chapter 2 is on its way. Says a lot about sustainability, kids, rolling green fields, etc.
    Music, art, friendship and camaraderie are the tenets by which All Together Now will continue to adhere. After a magical sell out first year we return this August with an expanded All Curious Minds area, additional boutique camping options as well as a larger family campsite and Kid Together Now Area. We will continue the festival’s focus of supporting the local arts and collaborating with Waterford Spraoi Festival, with slight growth to a 20,000 capacity festival. 12 miles of stone walls enclose the grounds, and the very nature of the estate will allow you to be right in the midst of the action, or to take time out to relish in the surroundings.

I didn't realise it sold out last year.

Also:
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION

GENERAL WEEKEND TICKETS:
    Are currently on sale, although limited remain, we strongly recommend picking your ticket up this month.

INSTALMENT PLANS:
    The last of our General & Family Instalment tickets are available until MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (Friday, February 15th)

FAMILY WEEKEND TICKETS:
    EXTREMELY LIMITED Family Weekend tickets remain. We expect these to sell out in the coming days.

CAMPERVAN PASSES:
    General & Family Campervan Passes are completely SOLD OUT, there will be no more put on sale. Register future interest here - https://www.alltogethernow.ie/campervan

Roll on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Email sent out by ATN that doesn't say much other than that Chapter 2 is on its way. Says a lot about sustainability, kids, rolling green fields, etc.

Also:

Roll on Tuesday!

Was that sent this morning? Think I'm on their email list alright but didn't get anything so far.. Be a bit mad if it's actually close to selling our this far before festival. Knock on of EP selling ou t already and good word of mouth from the first one I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

15,000 > now 20,000 capacity with the increased ticket prices.

I'd be expecting bigger names and more stages.

I'm not going to buy until i know the weather that weekend.

And claiming the 2018 fest sold out is marketing garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I didn't think it did tbh, is that true :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

15,000 > now 20,000 capacity with the increased ticket prices.

I'd be expecting bigger names and more stages.

I'm not going to buy until i know the weather that weekend.

hmmmm... they would have made a large loss last year....

I'd be very interested to see what improvements they make to the boutique camping this year. Last year's effort was relatively poor.

roll wrote: »
    hmmmm... they would have made a large loss last year....

I'd be very interested to see what improvements they make to the boutique camping this year. Last year's effort was relatively poor.

They've kinda shot themselves in the foot a bit.

Unless they have an amazing lineup they've put their tickets at their final price with months to go. There's no drive to try and get it at a lower price in a hurry (as lower tier prices are gone) which would in turn then influence your circle of friends to buy theirs in fear of missing out.

I don't know if most are like me but i'd hold off until a) I know the full lineup b) what is the weather like.

There will be no fear of missing out, the capacity is quite big so people on the fence won't move swiftly to buy and may hold off and/or in the end spend that money on something else.

Also the fact you're taking away the installment plan as of today is mad as this may further push people away from the idea of buying if they were on the fence about it.

Basically they need a kick ass lineup, if they don't have it then it won't sell out and may not break over last years attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd be shocked if they didn't break last years attendance.

Everyone i know who went last year is going again this year plus probably the same amount again who weren't there have picked up tickets on word of mouth alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I had a bit of a bitch about the shoddy loyalty arrangements and then quietly bagged a couple of tickets again on the sly. It was a great weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Just reading the toutless thread for last year:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30591&hilit=all+together+now&start=270

It seems to be the case that tickets weren't on sale anymore on the Saturday of the festival. Whether that means that they stopped selling them, that they sold out, or that they reduced the notional capacity so that they couldn't sell any more tickets is hard to say.

In any event, by all accounts it was a full festival last year.

I'd be shocked if they didn't break last years attendance.

Everyone i know who went last year is going again this year plus probably the same amount again who weren't there have picked up tickets on word of mouth alone.

There's just a couple of things that may get in the way.

Electric Picnic will allow for 2,500 more people this year.

Indiependence full price ticket is 150
    the lineup is really really good with one more headliner to add.

Waterford was really hard to get to from dublin unless you had a car. Involved changing buses/trains etc. (did not enjoy the commute)

I don't know what the commute was like for other people from other parts of Ireland that aren't as well served as dublin.

But yeah it may sell as much/more based on word of mouth from last year.

Waterford was really hard to get to from dublin unless you had a car. Involved changing buses/trains etc. (did not enjoy the commute)

I don't know what the commute was like for other people from other parts of Ireland that aren't as well served as dublin.

Got train from Dublin myself and thought it was grabs alert from Bus Eirwann bus being full and pulling off from city to Portlaw. Shared a taxi with a few others in the end and got festival shuttle form Portlaw in. Hoping it's a bit better organized this year alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

But yeah it may sell as much/more based on word of mouth from last year.

Yep wouldn't disagree with any of that, also we had about a 2 hour wait at the wristband exchange which was a killer in the heat but once inside it was an incredible weekend.

Optimistic about the lineup, i'm expecting the likes of Bootleg Beatles won't be mainstagers this year.

Sellout may depend on quality of lineup but again i'd be shocked if they didn't beat last years numbers.

Just reading the toutless thread for last year:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30591&hilit=all+together+now&start=270

It seems to be the case that tickets weren't on sale anymore on the Saturday of the festival. Whether that means that they stopped selling them, that they sold out, or that they reduced the notional capacity so that they couldn't sell any more tickets is hard to say.

In any event, by all accounts it was a full festival last year.

I realise looking at the toutless page people were trying to get tickets.

Tickets were on sale,

Even selling on the days itself, they even started selling day tickets on the sat/sun.

They were repeatedly advertising every day up to and during the festival via facebook and other media outlets.

Yep wouldn't disagree with any of that, also we had about a 2 hour wait at the wristband exchange which was a killer in the heat but once inside it was an incredible weekend.

Optimistic about the lineup, i'm expecting the likes of Bootleg Beatles won't be mainstagers this year.

Sellout may depend on quality of lineup but again i'd be shocked if they didn't beat last years numbers.

Have to say I was lucky, didn't have to wait that long in the sun.

It was great. New Power Generation were amazing as were Villagers and so many other things. I actually wish they didn't increase to 20000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Another thing to factor in with the ticket sales was the relatively late announcement of this festival. It was February 19 when the line up was announced (I think...) so there was probably be people (like me!) who may have been interested but had already booked other things and couldn't make it for whatever reason. With a longer lead in time, more people would have at least held off to see what the proposition was. (I know people who haven't decided between this and Indiependence for e.g., but will decide once the line up is out on Tuesday)

I think that adding a much bigger headline act in the National (I like Fleet Foxes, but we're not gonna throw them into a rugby ground in south Dublin for two gigs but the National has that appeal and demand in Ireland, evident from the 39 gigs they play here every year...) and the word of mouth from people that did make it last year and I'd say they'll quite easily match and/or exceed last year.

I mean, it may just be anecdotal but I know a group of 20-30 that is heading this year that last year had already booked holidays, foreign festivals and other gigs and didn't make it last year. I would imagine that we're not alone in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was sure there might be some overlap between ATN and Indiependence given they're on same weekend and are only an hour apart, but quick browse of lineups reveal little or no overlap from last year.

Outside of headliners.. can't imagine they've bound by any sort of exclusivity.. maybe it's a coincidence but strange to see so little shared acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Organisers of ATN and Indie have two completely different demographics in mind

roll wrote: »
    Organisers of ATN and Indie have two completely different demographics in mind

Yeah musically and age wise I think so. That said wouldn't mind All Tvvins so maybe some of the Irish acts might be on both this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Indie from my past experience is mostly 17-18 year olds and there's very little going on other than the stages and bars. Not to say it isn't great craic but you make your own craic more compared to other fests. Line-up usually is surprisingly good.

Indie from my past experience is mostly 17-18 year olds and there's very little going on other than the stages and bars. Not to say it isn't great craic but you make your own craic more compared to other fests. Line-up usually is surprisingly good.

Usually has a good lineup, but yes, its just music in a field really and a very young crowd. I just went the once but the security searches and queues were unreal. Took about 30 minutes just to get into the arena and had to take shoes and socks off, empty out wallet ... fvck that sh|t.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Really happy to see that despite the crowd increase they are sticking with the over 21 rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Indies lineup is poor this year. Bastille and Gavin james play every other festival in ireland, as do most of the other bands in the undercard. Biffy Clyro are the only big name really, and theyre definitely on the downward swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Usually has a good lineup, but yes, its just music in a field really and a very young crowd. I just went the once but the security searches and queues were unreal. Took about 30 minutes just to get into the arena and had to take shoes and socks off, empty out wallet ... fvck that sh|t.

Shoes and socks!! I'd say there was some panic, like a herd of buffalo trying to cross crocodile creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thievery Corporation .... ? :eek: :D

Looking at 'Camp' Bestival and knowing the history with IOW Bestival and EP, the dates being close to each other like the original two, some of the acts would have to be on both cards (even if they're not, I can hope)
    Camp Bestival 2019 Lineup

Of that lineup, I'm guessing:
    Morcheeba, The Human League, Sister Sledge, Grandmaster Flash, Black Grape

Maybe:
    Ash, The Wailers, Goldie, Broken Brass Ensemble, Ghetto Funk Allstars, DJ Yoda.
    :D

Suckit wrote: »

Looking at 'Camp' Bestival and knowing the history with IOW Bestival and EP, the dates being close to each other like the original two, some of the acts would have to be on both cards (even if they're not, I can hope)

Maybe:

What a mess. ;)

I reckon Nile Rodgers, ASH, Dj Yoda, The Wailers,

Hoping for Elvis Nirvana though. Sounds spicy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Maybe:

Yep you could be onto something there, wouldn't mind a few of those names being announced! Goldie Lookin' Chain were always a guilty pleasure of mine, highly doubt they will play any festivals over here but would love if they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe:

Ha ha Napalm Death and East 17 on the same lineup, bizarre.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Goldie Lookin' Chain were always a guilty pleasure of mine, highly doubt they will play any festivals over here but would love if they did!

You never know, they headlined Vantastival when it was in Dundalk in 2015. They are a savage gig.

Advertisement