Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

lbj666 wrote: »
    Yes I know, but 1star as opposed to say 2or3 insinuates that all round they had a terrible time and had absolutely no fun whatso ever.

But it's not really for you or I to judge anyone else's experience.

It seems to be, too, that a lot of those saying they didn't enjoy it this year, were there last year and had a great time. There's going to be that level of comparison, and as someone who went to both, this year wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

But it's not really for you or I to judge anyone else's experience.

It seems to be, too, that a lot of those saying they didn't enjoy it this year, were there last year and had a great time. There's going to be that level of comparison, and as someone who went to both, this year wasn't great.

Yes, I think the 'traffic thing' started a lot of people off on the wrong foot.

I was there with the family in 18 also, and I would agree that 18 , for us, was better. I think the weather had a lot to do with that too.

2019 Pros-
    Space in the family camping -loads this year from none last year.

Main stage - having it at the bottom of the hill gave a good view from way back ! Great idea.

2019 Cons -
    No coffee/tea vendor in Family or Pods camping (?) we had to walk up to the Wells Bridge to get a warm beverage …. Okay not too far , but still...

Toilets - definitely not as well looked after as in 18. ( and my Mrs opened the unlocked door to a cubicle at the main arena on sat evening to see a couple banging away in there!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: WTF like !)

"Front of House" - Even though it was for kids , really lacked atmosphere there, felt like a stately garden fete , compared to the buzz that was there in 18 (I know his Lordship put paid to that, but even so, it was a letdown)

Food - mostly long queues due to not enough vendors. And €17 for a fcking undercooked 10in pizza !!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Arenas - im still not sure if having all the arenas so close was a good thing … Sound crossover and all the crowds passing through each other was a bit hectic at times.

Stewards - most of them were like statues with HiViz on - The few I asked inside for directions to a stage or toilet didn't know !

Crowd - in general , there was a lot more 'messy' people there. Surely a sign of whats to come ? (ala EP after the first few years) BUT I didn't see any trouble.

Line up - Totally subjective of course, but very hit and miss for me. Fontaines And Patti were highlights for me. Overall, just too much dance/electronic/rave/whatever going on... Pill Party
    So overall, a bit hit and miss, and I suppose it was SOOOO good last year, it could only be 'worse' this year?

I will probably be back there next year, as its so close to me, but I think it would take a better line up.
    #ATN20

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes, I think the 'traffic thing' started a lot of people off on the wrong foot.

I was there with the family in 18 also, and I would agree that 18 , for us, was better. I think the weather had a lot to do with that too.

2019 Pros-
    Space in the family camping -loads this year from none last year.

Main stage - having it at the bottom of the hill gave a good view from way back ! Great idea.

2019 Cons -
    No coffee/tea vendor in Family or Pods camping (?) we had to walk up to the Wells Bridge to get a warm beverage …. Okay not too far , but still...

Toilets - definitely not as well looked after as in 18. ( and my Mrs opened the unlocked door to a cubicle at the main arena on sat evening to see a couple banging away in there!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: WTF like !)

"Front of House" - Even though it was for kids , really lacked atmosphere there, felt like a stately garden fete , compared to the buzz that was there in 18 (I know his Lordship put paid to that, but even so, it was a letdown)

Food - mostly long queues due to not enough vendors. And €17 for a fcking undercooked 10in pizza !!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Arenas - im still not sure if having all the arenas so close was a good thing … Sound crossover and all the crowds passing through each other was a bit hectic at times.

Stewards - most of them were like statues with HiViz on - The few I asked inside for directions to a stage or toilet didn't know !

Crowd - in general , there was a lot more 'messy' people there. Surely a sign of whats to come ? (ala EP after the first few years) BUT I didn't see any trouble.

Line up - Totally subjective of course, but very hit and miss for me. Fontaines And Patti were highlights for me. Overall, just too much dance/electronic/rave/whatever going on... Pill Party
    So overall, a bit hit and miss, and I suppose it was SOOOO good last year, it could only be 'worse' this year?

I will probably be back there next year, as its so close to me, but I think it would take a better line up.
    #ATN20

apparently the reason for the front of house situation this year is because the area around the house got damaged last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Posted giving out about the traffic while stuck in it on the way in on Friday which was ridiculous to be fair, other than that, my group & I had a fantastic weekend.

Fontaines DC, Patti Smith, Hot chip, KKC & the hour of Lumo Beastie on Saturday were feckin class, spent a good chunk of the weekend bopping my head at arcadia too.

Will be there again next year, loved the lumpy hill on the way in, like an act of penance before you start, made my warm cans even more enjoyable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

The wasp meat burgers were really quite tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

sporina wrote: »
    apparently the reason for the front of house situation this year is because the area around the house got damaged last year

First thing I thought on arriving there last year was that the raised lawn bed slopes would be torn up by foot traffic. But they held up well - on account of the dry weather. In the wet - probably a different story. Still no reason to block off the entire area rather than vulnerable garden features. Lost opportunity.

rubick wrote: »
    The wasp meat burgers were really quite tasty.

Felt left out of the whole wasp business, camped beside a bin and still barely noticed any all weekend. Neighbor got stung on the hole alright but only because the tub of shite sat on the poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah saw something about environmental reasons or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭RINO87

Had a ball! Look it wasn't last year and it was never going to be..... The picture of the googly eyes in the trees there made me look back at my own photos's from last year and realize just how goddamn lucky we were to be there!!!

Didn't experience traffic problems - Was driving from Cork, and went thru Kilmacthomas to Blue gate.
    Was camping in Both Sides Now so did not experience any of the problems that people mentioned in the other campsite. Both Sides Now was a great place to camp, I dont get this whole "but we didnt know it was there" craic. It was on the map, look it up!

There was a good bunch of us there this year, most of us were there last year, but some not. All agreed we'd go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

Anyone know the name of the coffee vendor in the over flow campsite? (Selling amazing brownies I believe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

i huge miss!!

2019-08-08.jpg

As were the Caramelised Onions from Lala Poutine....

Yellow grass from 2018 aahh the memories what a scorcher.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another example of the crazy crowd noise that musicians had to put up with in the marquees during the downpours.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Another example of the crazy crowd noise that musicians had to put up with in the marquees during the downpours.

Yeah thought noise for that, Lisa Hannigan, David Keenan was disgraceful tbh. Keenan's set not helped by putting it on at 1.30am either

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

It's Thursday and I still have brain zaps.. never. ****ing. learn.

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

Not alone my friend, you are not alone. The zaps are also sometimes accompanied by short dizzy spells!

Felt so sorry for him during that gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

close to tears all week long. Dope.

RINO87 wrote: »
    Not alone my friend, you are not alone. The zaps are also sometimes accompanied by short dizzy spells!

good to know I'm not alone! thought I'd got away with it but I'll be rooting out the Pharmaton and 5htp tonight! horrid :(

D.Q wrote: »
    close to tears all week long. Dope.

lol me too. Feckin Reeling in the Years nearly set me off yesterday lol. Great little country booohooooo

RINO87 wrote: »

I was 22 the last time I went to a festival, that was 9 years ago, safe to say the recovery period has increased 9 fold,

I'm fucked lads, cried all day tuesday, back to work today and can't even remember what it is that I do for a living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Felt left out of the whole wasp business, camped beside a bin and still barely noticed any all weekend. Neighbor got stung on the hole alright but only because the tub of shite sat on the poor thing.

I fully believe that we were wasp free at our tent exactly because we camped beside a bin. You win some you lose some, amirite?

You canna blame the wasps for being curious, ATN inhabited their habitat and are bombarding them with sound systems and thousands and thousands of people, if you were a wasp would you not be intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I heard the grass was a little longer than some would have preferred in some areas too.

You canna blame the wasps for being curious, ATN inhabited their habitat and are bombarding them with sound systems and thousands and thousands of people, if you were a wasp would you not be intrigued.

Apparently wasp nest disturbed during site build too. Thought they'd be angrier ha

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

We named them all

One of my top highlights Yankari, Sunday I decided to investigate some of the smaller stages.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

lol... yeah... i guess.. he actually said "and your the one on stage!!"..

I dunno - I don't think she shudda said it - an artist should never belittle their audience..

didn't hear her saying that she was also an attention seeker ... guess i was too preoccupied with the bear.. he was disgusted.
    Glad you enjoyed it but she wrrrreckkked my head... she is defo an attention seeker.. (kinda puts what she said to the bear into context though).. glad she said so.... i was there to hear her play and sing.. not the blah blah blah that was coming out of her mouth..

I like when artists speak to the audience - good engagement etc.. but I felt it was all about HER.. "love at me and listen to me, aren't i great".. grrr..

But each to their own..

She's good looking though.....so there's that!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

One of my top highlights Yangkari, Sunday I decided to investigate some of the smaller stages.

Stumbled on Yankari too - wasn't part of our plans but ended up staying an hour & half they were that good.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

I had a hape of meetings in work today and bumbled my way through them making up new words like an idiot. Did a lot of agreement nodding as well.

Thanks fcuk it's Friday tomorrow. If I look after myself over the weekend, there's a slight chance I'll be back to normal by Monday 😀

• Advertisement

lol me too. Feckin Reeling in the Years nearly set me off yesterday lol. Great little country booohooooo

Same. Its happy tears though. People being nice to each other seems to set me off the most. I was watching some random sci fi show and two people wished each other luck before going into battle. Obviously that moment was written to be a huge tear jerker.

Advertisement