Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

16 stages, that last email says. There were never 16 stages last year. Were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Stillill42 wrote: »
    16 stages, that last email says. There were never 16 stages last year. Were there?

I guess if you include talks, theatre, drama tents etc perhaps.

Couldn't really tell you, do they class the healing area as a stage as well?

Could someone cut/paste email please? :) thanks

I guess if you include talks, theatre, drama tents etc perhaps.

Couldn't really tell you, do they class the healing area as a stage as well?

Could someone cut/paste email please? :) thanks

Having revealed The National as one of our headline acts, and Irish band Fontaines D.C. joining us for their only Irish festival for 2019, get ready….This Tuesday, 19 February which is exactly a year to the day we announced our very first chapter, we will be announcing 30 music acts for All Together Now 2019 with many more still to be announced over the coming weeks and months.

Join us for this, our second chapter on 2-4 August. We will bring you a weekend of freedom, inspiration and escapism through music, spoken word, comedy, theatre, debate, art, workshops, feasts of food and bespoke cocktails.

All Together Now will be set across 16 stages, featuring natural amphitheatres, secret woodland stages, the Belonging Bandstand and more. The flow of the festival will mean that the grounds will be easily navigable, intimate but with quirky gems, rolling lawns, gentle hills and hidden forests to enjoy the nature of this 3000 acre site.

Last year we set off on All Together Now’s maiden voyage. Curraghmore Estate’s 3000 acres provided a setting so fruitful and so beautiful, with incredible history. We had the pleasure of creating and curating a festival here - a festival which has boundless possibility as it evolves each year. 2018’s festival carried an inspiring atmosphere, where people were respectful of each other, the incredible landscape and wonderful performers. Setting off on this journey, we endeavoured to embrace the landscape’s beauty, to honour the past but also to collaborate and create a new future.

Beautiful feasts of food and bespoke cocktails can be enjoyed within this dramatic and scenic landscape.

We are passionate about creating and promoting sustainability at All Together Now and we are acutely aware of our duty of care to Curraghmore Estate’s stunning grounds. All Together Now festival goers embraced this and we all left the grounds of Curraghmore Estate as we found them. We will be introducing even further measures for 2019, which we will be rolling out in the forthcoming months.

A key part of our creative work is to create a festival for families and kids to enjoy, be inspired by, to be safe at and to feel cared for. In doing so we will create an area to fulfill this ethos called Kids Together.

This glorious setting is perfect for its proximity to some of Ireland’s largest cities - just 50 minutes from Cork and 90 minutes from Dublin - with plenty of transport links from all main hubs. This 3-day camping festival will provide you with an incredible setting in which to set up your tent or unpack in our bespoke accommodation options, ready to dive right into the site. Those with families can make their 3 day home in our Family Camping Area, an independent space to retreat to with your little ones. We have taken measures for this forthcoming year to ensure there will be plenty of transport links from all main hubs.

Music, art, friendship and camaraderie are the tenets by which All Together Now will continue to adhere. After a magical sell out first year we return this August with an expanded All Curious Minds area, additional boutique camping options as well as a larger family campsite and Kid Together Now Area. We will continue the festival’s focus on supporting the local arts and collaborating with Waterford Spraoi Festival, with slight growth to a 20,000 capacity festival. 12 miles of stone walls enclose the grounds, and the very nature of the estate will allow you to be right in the midst of the action, or to take time out to relish in the surroundings.

We are indebted to Lord and Lady Waterford for opening the grounds of the Curraghmore Estate to us all - the fabulous landscapes, the drama, the secret spots and hidden gems all lie in wait for you at All Together Now.

We can’t wait to welcome you like-minded people, music lovers, passionate performers, families, artists, musicians, creators, rebels, and refugees of a changing festival landscape back to Curraghmore this August Bank Holiday Weekend.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

GENERAL WEEKEND TICKETS:

Are currently on sale, although limited remain, we strongly recommend picking your ticket up this month.

INSTALMENT PLANS:

The last of our General & Family Instalment tickets are available until MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (Friday, February 15th)

FAMILY WEEKEND TICKETS:

EXTREMELY LIMITED Family Weekend tickets remain. We expect these to sell out in the coming days.

CAMPERVAN PASSES:

General & Family Campervan Passes are completely SOLD OUT, there will be no more put on sale. Register future interest here - https://www.alltogethernow.ie/campervan

All Together Now is Strictly Over 21s. Children up until the age of 12 can attend free of charge, accompanied by a parent with a Family ticket.

Join Us for All Together Now 2019

Facebook @ATNfestival

Twitter @ATNfestival

Instagram @alltogethernow.ie

#ATN19

Checkout the aftermovie HERE

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Guys it will sell out and possibly well before the gates are open even with thr bigger capacity. Word of mouth spread like wildfire after last year, it's pretty tricky marketing a festivals first year and it nearly sold out last year by people who came in blind faith. For the most part for those of us who went it surpassed our expectations.

Look at all the marketing material they have now

Theres one name argueably bigger than any of the headliners last year already announced.

Indiependence is **** , the ATN demographic knows this.
    Beatyard is a day by day thing in a carpark not a festival.
    People are sick of the Picnic for a long time .
    People are a bit weary with B&S trying to gloss over their ever weekening line ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Suckit wrote: »
    Thievery Corporation .... ? :eek: :D

Looking at 'Camp' Bestival and knowing the history with IOW Bestival and EP, the dates being close to each other like the original two, some of the acts would have to be on both cards (even if they're not, I can hope)
    Camp Bestival 2019 Lineup

Of that lineup, I'm guessing:
    Morcheeba, The Human League, Sister Sledge, Grandmaster Flash, Black Grape

Maybe:
    Ash, The Wailers, Goldie, Broken Brass Ensemble, Ghetto Funk Allstars, DJ Yoda.
    :D

What year is this lineup for? 2005?

Goldie Lookin Chain Legends Set FTW ... and Morcheeba I suppose and Black Grape... ok, I am also intrigued by "Elvana: Elvis fronted Nirvana".

You never know, they headlined Vantastival when it was in Dundalk in 2015. They are a savage gig.

That was one of the best fun I have ever had at a late night festival set ... savage is the exact word I would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Stillill42 wrote: »

11 stages listed on the clashfinder anyway, can't remember if there were any that were missing? A couple of new stages would be welcome additions, even if it is mainly local or Irish acts playing.

email doesnt mention the free-flow policy but the website does:
    Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 24 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption subject to initial entry only. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed. Please drink responsibly.

Alcohol can be brought onto site at time of first entry only. There is no re-entry with alcohol once wristbanded.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

lbj666 wrote: »
    Guys it will sell out and possibly well before the gates are open even with thr bigger capacity.

If they do, then fair play to them. It would be great to see a new festival do so well.
    Word of mouth spread like wildfire after last year, it's pretty tricky marketing a festivals first year and it nearly sold out last year by people who came in blind faith.

If that were the case I wouldve thought it would be sold out by now so. I suspect, however, that people are waiting to see the full lineup.
    Indiependence is **** , the ATN demographic knows this.

I think you are mixing up two things here. There is a different demographic for ATN than for Indiependence, and there is also a different aesthetic and musical difference. You may prefer ATN and thats great but other people prefer Indiependence.
    Beatyard is a day by day thing in a carpark not a festival.

Its three days and on a pier. Its not a camping festival and finishes earlier but then again that kind of thing suits some people.
    People are sick of the Picnic for a long time .

Then how do you explain them selling 57,500 tickets almost instantly?
    People are a bit weary with B&S trying to gloss over their ever weekening line ups.

True, but much like ATN people dont necessarily go to B&S for the lineup. They go hoping for 3 days of sunshine drinking and fun times. Of course, I just go for the lineups, and then I just power down in between sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't think everyone is sick of EP, but I do think it has become a little stagnant for those that have been going for a long time.
    It is also definitely starting to attract a younger crowd (and NO it's not because I'm getting older). :D
    EP was orginally aimed at an older crowd than Witnness/Oxegen and set in September to avoid school and also took credit card bookings as less young people had access to those sort of gimmicks back then. Also many of the acts would have been handpicked for a certain demographic (Mentioned that to convince myself I'm not a grumpy old man).
    Up to that point Irish festivals just had to announce any random acts and announce the dates that tickets would go on sale. EP took a bit of a risk by pruposely not including acts that wouldn't attract everyone, nor would they encourage a large percent of the concert going population to come to it.
    Other festivals are starting to become weary too, and do need to move around/rebrand to keep them exciting.

ATN is a breath of fresh air, and with John Reynolds' untimely death (R.I.P :( ) it may be along time before we see another such breath.
    My worst EP was 2009, which coincidentally was when MCD got involved. That year there was different security, and railings were being stampeded down. There were mobile phones holding up queues on the boardwalks. I left it for a couple of years after that with a bitter taste in my mouth. Everyones experience is different though.
    I hope ATN succeeds, because it's the only festival of its type that is providing a setting that will be enjoyed for another 15 - 20 years that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

What year is this lineup for? 2005?

Goldie Lookin Chain Legends Set FTW ... and Morcheeba I suppose and Black Grape... ok, I am also intrigued by "Elvana: Elvis fronted Nirvana".

Elvana is or did play academy soon/recently. I looked into going but when I read the reviews they slated them. Basically the only thing Elvis about it was your man was dressed up. Sounded nothing like him and was trying to badly add a gimmick to a nirvana cover band. Shame as I would of bought tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't think everyone is sick of EP, but I do think it has become a little stagnant for those that have been going for a long time.
    It is also definitely starting to attract a younger crowd (and NO it's not because I'm getting older). :D
    EP was orginally aimed at an older crowd than Witnness/Oxegen and set in September to avoid school and also took credit card bookings as less young people had access to those sort of gimmicks back then. Also many of the acts would have been handpicked for a certain demographic (Mentioned that to convince myself I'm not a grumpy old man).
    Up to that point Irish festivals just had to announce any random acts and announce the dates that tickets would go on sale. EP took a bit of a risk by pruposely not including acts that wouldn't attract everyone, nor would they encourage a large percent of the concert going population to come to it.
    Other festivals are starting to become weary too, and do need to move around/rebrand to keep them exciting.

ATN is a breath of fresh air, and with John Reynolds' untimely death (R.I.P :( ) it may be along time before we see another such breath.
    My worst EP was 2009, which coincidentally was when MCD got involved. That year there was different security, and railings were being stampeded down. There were mobile phones holding up queues on the boardwalks. I left it for a couple of years after that with a bitter taste in my mouth. Everyones experience is different though.
    I hope ATN succeeds, because it's the only festival of its type that is providing a setting that will be enjoyed for another 15 - 20 years that I can see.

Haven't been to one since. I know you can make your own fun at these things and sometimes it's a bit of luck depending on who your with and who your camping around, but I never found the atmosphere at EP all that great even in the good old days when the lineup was good. Indiependence had a much better atmosphere and have had more fun at Oxegen/Witnness, Reading and Roskilde.
    Also, by 2009 I found it too cramped there. Seemed overcrowded for the size of the place. God knows what it's like now. I also got so drunk I nearly blew up my buddies van with me inside and got lost in the woods, which of course was my own fault not MCD. Not been that drunk again since. What a pity I was on the Monday.

I'll keep an open mind about ATN depending on the line up, but whilst I still love going to gigs, I haven't been to a big open air festival in a few years. Be it day long or for a weekend. The event junkies have taken over and I just got fed up of trying to enjoy a band while accountants with flowers in their hair around you persist to talk with their back to the stage, painting their faces, being as distracting as possible and make an exhibition of themselves for the sake of a few likes on social media..basically anything bar watching and enjoying the music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So who are peoples predictions for Tuesday's announcement?

Im guessing a few of these

The Strokes
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Chic
    Franz Ferdinand
    Chvrches
    Tame Impala(but id say EP have them)
    Chemical Bros
    Groove Armada
    Interpol
    Weezer
    Bloc Party
    Madness
    FATM

Didnt include many electronic acts since i dont really follow many so dont know which ones to put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

The Strokes Two Door Cinema Club Chic Franz Ferdinand Chvrches Tame Impala(but id say EP have them) Chemical Bros Groove Armada Interpol Weezer Bloc Party Madness FATM

Ill be getting a ticket on the strength of Weezer alone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The Strokes
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Chic
    Franz Ferdinand
    Chvrches
    Chemical Bros
    Groove Armada
    Interpol
    Weezer
    Bloc Party
    Madness
    FATM

Didnt include many electronic acts since i dont really follow many so dont know which ones to put in.

Based on nothing but gut instinct, think these are most likely from that list. Can't wait now for announcement! Hope there's something in it for most people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Strokes
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Chic
    Franz Ferdinand
    Chvrches
    Chemical Bros
    Groove Armada
    Interpol
    Weezer
    Bloc Party
    Madness
    FATM

not expecting anything of the size/stature of most of them. Headliners last year were Fleet Foxes/Underworld/Roisin Murphy/Mura Masa - The National are already bigger than any of those. no chance someone as big as the Chems, The Strokes or Florence will be there IMO.

Groove Armada and Chic quite likely i'd say.

maybe some of:
    Primal Scream
    Four Tet
    Disclosure
    Echo & The Bunny Men
    Robyn
    The Streets
    Jungle
    Wolf Alice
    Hot Chip

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

not expecting anything of the size/stature of most of them. Headliners last year were Fleet Foxes/Underworld/Roisin Murphy/Mura Masa - The National are already bigger than any of those. no chance someone as big as the Chems, The Strokes or Florence will be there IMO.

Groove Armada and Chic quite likely i'd say.

maybe some of:
    Primal Scream
    Four Tet
    Disclosure
    Echo & The Bunny Men
    Robyn
    The Streets
    Jungle
    Wolf Alice
    Hot Chip

True but with the increased capacity i thought they would be looking for bigger headliners along with The National.

Id be really happy with The Streets but similar to TI i think EP will nab them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Maybe some of these as some of the bigger acts on the bill:

Groove Armada
    Modeselektor
    Richie Hawtin
    Hot Chip
    Primal Scream
    Father John Misty
    Jungle
    The Wailers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wouldn't mind someone like Tallest Man on Earth, doesn't seem to have any Irish dates on his tour yet. Has no dates beyond mid June so maybe unlikely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe some of these as some of the bigger acts on the bill:

Groove Armada
    Modeselektor
    Richie Hawtin
    Hot Chip
    Primal Scream
    Father John Misty
    Jungle
    The Wailers
    Ash

Richie Hawtin in the Arcadia Afterburner would be something else.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

The Strokes
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Chic
    Franz Ferdinand
    Chvrches
    Chemical Bros
    Groove Armada
    Interpol
    Weezer
    Bloc Party
    Madness
    FATM

Haha dream on!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Weezer would be an amazing catch.

some of these I guess (by dates)

Smashing Pumpkins
    Bon Iver
    Years & Years
    Sleaford Mods
    Mogwai
    Primal Scream
    Morcheeba
    The Human League
    Sister Sledge
    Grandmaster Flash
    Black Grap
    Ash
    The Wailers
    Goldie Looking Chain
    ZZ Top :p

loving the optimism in here.

Big xmas lists, remember it's a medium size fest.

My guess at headliners and some undercard based on whos touring nearby and last year choices,

The National (fleet foxes), Groove Armada/Modeselektor (Underworld) ASH/Wolf Alice (Villagers), Basement Jaxx DJ set/Years & Years (Mura Masa), Nile Rodgers & Chic (New Power Generation),

KT Tunstall/Father John Misty (First Aid Kit), Tom Jones/Sister Sledge (Chaka Khan), Echo & The Bunnymen/Primal Scream (Mogwai),

Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set (Nils Frahm), Damien Jr Gong Marley/The Wailers (Jimmy Cliff)

And with some of this list I reckon i've shot too high.

Aim low lads. Avoid disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles..

* fingers crossed *

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ABBA and The Smiths

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Any ideas what time on tuesday they will announce it?

Any ideas what time on tuesday they will announce it?

Pretty sure first announcement was 10am last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

KT Tunstall/Father John Misty (First Aid Kit), Tom Jones/Sister Sledge (Chaka Khan), Echo & The Bunnymen/Primal Scream (Mogwai),

Would love to see Tom Jones playing :D

Advertisement