Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think with Villagers being main stage dunno would they headline twice in a row. Could see Talos back cos they're on smaller stage. Same with acts like Saint Sister, David Keenan etc

I really don't like the idea of the same acts coming back this year again. John Reynolds never did this when he ran EP and I don't expect POD to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I really don't like the idea of the same acts coming back this year again. John Reynolds never did this when he ran EP and I don't expect POD to do this.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a small overlap. 3 acts in 30 is only 10% at the end of the day. All speculation at this point though so will find out tomorrow I guess!

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a small overlap. 3 acts in 30 is only 10% at the end of the day. All speculation at this point though so will find out tomorrow I guess!

I am pretty sure that it was actual policy back in early days of EP to not have any acts two years running. And a good policy that is, in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not feeling massively inspired by the names being mentioned here...hopefully there's a few surprises!

Will be my first time at ATN - typically a Body & Soul attendee.

Is it like B&S in so far as the line-up isn't massively important as there's so much other stuff going on around the place?

I would say no to this based on last year. There aren't as many areas/stages as there are at Body & Soul and at times I thought it felt like slim enough pickings, the area in front of the house with all of the food, all curious mind tents etc was busy during the day and a lovely atmosphere, but in terms of music or craic I didn't think there were half as many options as there are at Body & Soul. That was the only slight negative for me though!

Even take a look at the two clashfinders for an idea - Body & Soul - ATN.

I would say no to this based on last year. There aren't as many areas/stages as there are at Body & Soul and at times I thought it felt like slim enough pickings, the area in front of the house with all of the food, all curious mind tents etc was busy during the day and a lovely atmosphere, but in terms of music or craic I didn't think there were half as many options as there are at Body & Soul. That was the only slight negative for me though!

Even take a look at the two clashfinders for an idea - Body & Soul - ATN.

I was at both last year and I just felt that ATN was a good bit better tbh and with a better lineup. The fact that B&S has lost some of its shine for me probably pushed me in that direction. The night time projections on the house was outstanding for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Quick look at the clashfinder tells me I'd have had a grand weekend!

Friday: Booka Brass, the Go! Team, Chaka Khan, the Black Madonna
    Saturday: Trinity, Bootleg Beatles, Jape, West Cork Ukulele Orchestra, Maribou State, AE Mak, Fish Go Deep
    Sunday: This is the Kit, Jimmy Cliff, New Power Generation, Villagers, Fleet Foxes, New Jackson/Hot Chip Megamix

And that's without any sifting through the names I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Bigger (better lit) Marquees or more outdoor stages needed badly next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was at both last year and I just felt that ATN was a good bit better tbh and with a better lineup. The fact that B&S has lost some of its shine for me probably pushed me in that direction. The night time projections on the house was outstanding for example.

Oh yeah I enjoyed ATN more as well last year and lineup wise it is much better than Body & Soul. I didn't think there was as much variety at ATN though or it didn't have that same energy/madness that you get at B&S or EP.. Maybe some people prefer that though!

Ricoscruff - 100% agree, if they could make better use of the woods/forest area like they do at Body & Soul it would make a huge difference I think. There weren't that many places to sit in the open air and watch a gig aside from main stage and the bandstand.

Apparently Family tickets close to selling out.

https://twitter.com/ATNfestival/status/1097496054608609282

ATN are saying 'no day tickets this year' via insta

To those of you holding off for a Sunday ticket.

I think they're fibbing though.

• Advertisement

ATN are saying 'no day tickets this year' via insta

To those of you holding off for a Sunday ticket.

I think they're fibbing though.

Were there some last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

From my recollection loads of extra people were there on Sunday. The main walkway from main stage to the house felt really cramped.

I may be wrong, but i've got a strong feeling that there were.

They were selling 2 day tickets at one point also for the sat/sun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Last year, there was "Day Family tickets"....
    But some of my mates bought them, and just walked in, no kids …..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

ONE MOAR SLEEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

llatsni wrote: »
    ONE MOAR SLEEP!
    5h0ZzaZ.jpg?1

They're getting ready to announce Weezer! :D:pac:
    ZhtJoBT.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Im hoping for one of Father John Misty or Stereolab. If one of those is added I will be very happy. Unlikely I know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Would Atn be more family friendly than b&s?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Would Atn be more family friendly than b&s?

About the same really, B&S crowd maybe a little younger.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kinda hoping for a not too brilliant line-up as didn't pull trigger on the instalment tix. Keeping an eye on it just in case though.

I know it's unlikely as they only appear to have two German festival dates at start of June announced, but wonder would Cage the Elephant show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

So after half an hour of intense thorough research, here's some possible announcements for tomorrow based on people playing other festivals around the time of ATN:

Boy Pablo
    Idles
    Richie Hawtin
    Franz Ferdinand
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Tame Impala
    Wolf Alice
    Modeselektor (The dream being Apparat and Moderat also on the lineup)
    Masego
    Disclosure
    Jorja Smith
    New Order (Although did EP recently enough I think?)
    Four Tet
    FKJ
    Bloc Party

James Blake & Mitski are probably unlikely as they're playing in Japan the week before, but are both playing in Europe on the weekend after ATN.

Then you have Father John Misty & Chvrches playing in Scotland the same weekend as ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

These recent suggestion lists look ominously like last years EP.

Mushy wrote: »
    but wonder would Cage the Elephant show up.
    Not a chance, They're doing a small tour of the States with Beck around then.
    briandebum wrote: »
    Idles
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Two Door Cinema Club confirmed for Sea Sessions (doesn't rule them out though).
    Idles are playing 3 festivals the weekend before in the UK and playing Øya Festival in Oslo some time over the next week (that festival starts on the 6th). It's doable, but less likely :(

Playing twice here though, March and July. They do a lot of criss cross travelling too :D.

Suckit wrote: »
    Not a chance, They're doing a small tour of the States with Beck around then.

Two Door Cinema Club confirmed for Sea Sessions (doesn't rule them out though).
    Idles are playing 3 festivals the weekend before in the UK and playing Øya Festival in Oslo some time over the next week (that festival starts on the 6th). It's doable, but less likely :(

Playing twice here though, March and July. They do a lot of criss cross travelling too :D.

Thought that was earlier in the year

Mushy wrote: »
    Thought that was earlier in the year

Don't think so. Friend of mine lives in Texas and he was talking about going to them in July.

Suckit wrote: »
    Don't think so. Friend of mine lives in Texas and he was talking about going to them in July.

Not jealous at all. It is July/August for that tour with Beck so no fear of ATN.

Yeah, I just had a quick look. They are playing in Chicago weekend of ATN - http://www.riverbend.org/event/beck-cage-the-elephant-with-spoon-and-wild-belle/
    I think he is seeing them in Woodlands. I got the impression it's a small gig or pricey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

it really does feel like Xmas Eve , Im hoping for an morning announcement so i dont have to keep checking my phone all day ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Based purely on recycled acts from Forbidden Fruit and Metropolis here is my guess at the line-up. Pretty sure most are playing gigs in 2019.

We'll get two of the following five headliners:
    Aphex Twin
    Chic
    Bon Iver
    Grace Jones
    The Flaming Lips

And a few of these:
    Groove Armada
    Hot Chip
    Primal Scream
    Bonobo
    Richie Hawtin
    Jungle
    Leftfield
    Lisa Hannigan
    The Staves
    Big Red Machine (if The National & Bon Iver both headline - complete longshot)
    Yo La Tengo
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Honey Dijon
    Flying Lotus
    Maceo Plex
    Kiasmos
    Maya Jane Coles
    The Bloody Beetroots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Thinking of getting a ticket for this. Will do a mattress in the back of my van in order to get some proper kip.

How is the walk from the car parks to arena?

Advertisement