Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm not getting hopes up for Bon Iver and yet I'm praying he'll play since he's out of the running for Glasto (with APE in London).

Also, BRM would be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Thinking of getting a ticket for this. Will do a mattress in the back of my van in order to get some proper kip.

How is the walk from the car parks to arena?

Absolutely fine last year. Hopefully not too much rejigging with larger capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Basq wrote: »
    I'm not getting hopes up for Bon Iver and yet I'm praying he'll play since he's out of the running for Glasto (with APE in London).

Also, BRM would be great too.

Yeah could see BRM with The National there but then you'd think BI could feature..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I reckon they'll save BRM for their Sounds From A Safe Harbour festival in September. possibly with BI standalone there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I reckon they'll save BRM for their Sounds From A Safe Harbour festival in September. possibly with BI standalone there too.
    Given the PEOPLE Mixtape launched at SFASH in 17, I'd say you could be onto something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Basq wrote: »
    Given the PEOPLE Mixtape launched at SFASH in 17, I'd say you could be onto something.

Was at Forbidden fruit earlier in the year.

I remember it not being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

lc180 wrote: »
    Based purely on recycled acts from Forbidden Fruit and Metropolis here is my guess at the line-up. Pretty sure most are playing gigs in 2019.

We'll get two of the following five headliners:
    Aphex Twin
    Chic
    Bon Iver
    Grace Jones
    The Flaming Lips

And a few of these:
    Groove Armada
    Hot Chip
    Primal Scream
    Bonobo
    Richie Hawtin
    Jungle
    Leftfield
    Lisa Hannigan
    The Staves
    Big Red Machine (if The National & Bon Iver both headline - complete longshot)
    Yo La Tengo
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Honey Dijon
    Flying Lotus
    Maceo Plex
    Kiasmos
    Maya Jane Coles
    The Bloody Beetroots

If youre right about the headliners, then its definitely Chic again. I am so sick of them at this stage. We'll probably get Groove Armada, Hot Chip, Primal Scream, Richie Hawtin, Leftfield. Which would be extremely uninspired, but im preparing myself for disappointment just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

My shout on some of the bigger names...

Aphex Twin
    Richie Hawtin
    Leftfield
    Modeselektor
    Primal Scream
    Bon Iver
    Kiasmos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was at Forbidden fruit earlier in the year.

I remember it not being good.

The rain killed that gig for me, didn't enjoy it at all.

Bon Iver in the Cork Opera House at SFSH though was magical, love to see them announced for ATN or back in Cork.

maximoose wrote: »
    The rain killed that gig for me, didn't enjoy it at all.

Bon Iver in the Cork Opera House at SFSH though was magical, love to see them announced for ATN or back in Cork.

I may be misunderstood here; loved the Bon Iver gig,

I was just pointing out that the People mixtape was a thing before SFASH in 17.

And that it was pretty bad.

The Bon Iver gig was great imo, despite the rain and technical issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Lineup in this mornings irish times. Cant upload the pic as it's too big

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Patti Smith
    Hot chip
    Father John misty
    Jon Hopkins
    Olafur Arnold's
    Neneh cherry
    Lisa hannigan
    Good the bad and the queen
    Kiasmos
    Leftfield

Etc.etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Patti Smith
    Hot chip
    Father John misty
    Jon Hopkins
    Olafur Arnold's
    Neneh cherry
    Lisa hannigan
    Good the bad and the queen
    Kiasmos
    Leftfield

Etc.etc.

Is this legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Wooderson wrote: »
    Is this legit?
    Tis now

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Wooderson wrote: »
    Is this legit?
    check your emails

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Patti and Damon? Sweet work ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

ATN19+-+Chapter+Two.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Eh, where the hell are Fufanu?

Happy with that! Was trying to keep expectations in check, I think they've delivered. Much betterr than wave 1 of last year IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Fecking delighted (and surprised) at FJM and Jon Hopkins. Much more high profile and international lineup than I was expecting.

Ben UFO is the artist of the day is it? :D:D

Enjoy the fest guys,

Glad there's no one I really need to see on that list as i'm saving for a mortgage.

Have caught Father John before and he's the only big draw on that list for me. I'm missing Hot Chip and Jose G though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I'm happy with that so far. Hot chip, Jose Gonzalez, Little Green Cars, John Hopkins, KKC, Fontaines DC....Enough to keep me going and will start checking out some of the other acts too now. Yippee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Of the smaller Irish acts, Ships and Just Mustard will be well worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Good the Bad and The Queen are a big coup, most others have played irish festivals fairly recently. Happy with them, Hot Chip, Jpse Gonzalez, Murder Capital, Jon Hopkins and Patti Smith. Will possibly go to see Leftfield, Father John Misty and the Wailers.

I guess you'll all be starting your music appreciation discussion alphabetically with Ben UFO? ;)

Happy enough with that. It has bigger acts than this time last year but tbh think more acts jumped out for me last year but that's just preference. The National, FJM, Lisa Hannigan,Olafur Arnalds, LGC, Jose Gonzalez would be my picks.from list but then Patti Smith, Hot Chip, TGBATQ, Jon Hopkins worth checking out. Guess they were including 2 already announced acts in the 30 figure.

The National, Patti Smith, Hot Chip, Father John Misty, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, Jon Hopkins, Ólafur Arnalds, Neneh Cherry, Loyle Carner, The Wailers, Lisa Hannigan and Stargaze, Kiasmos, George FitzGerald, Leftfield (DJ set), Little Green Cars, Jose Gonzalez, Fontaines DC, Kamaal Williams, Erol Alkan, Ben UFO, Jayda G, Tung , Ships, King Kong Company, The Murder Capital, Pillow Queens, Just Mustard, Junior Brother, Cait, London Astrobeat Orchestra Performing Talking Heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

That's an excellent lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Flipping delighted with that.

Ticks so many “guitar” and “electronic” boxes for me.

Patti Smith is a genius choice.
    Olafur AND Kiasmos is epic too.

Can’t wait to check out some of the ones I don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good announcement, nice mix in there and overall a stronger lineup than last year definitely. Good Irish acts, good guitar bands and good electronic music as well so happy with that overall! Some of the names we all predicted were a good bit off in the end.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The Good the Bad and The Queen are a big coup, most others have played irish festivals fairly recently. Happy with them, Hot Chip, Jpse Gonzalez, Murder Capital, Jon Hopkins and Patti Smith. Will possibly go to see Leftfield, Father John Misty and the Wailers.

TGTBATQ and Jose seem a bit of a blast from past . Must check out their recent stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Not a bad lineup.

The big names (Patti, FJM etc) don't really appeal to me which is a shame but can understand why lots are happy.

Are we expecting many more to be announced at a later date? Chances of any more 'big' names?

Advertisement