Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Solid announcement for me. Few names I'm already a fan of and plenty for me to get stuck in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I guess you'll all be starting your music appreciation discussion alphabetically with Ben UFO? ;)

Erol Alkan surely... ;)

So is Father John Misty "F" or "M" ?

Decent lineup for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Not a bad lineup.

The big names (Patti, FJM etc) don't really appeal to me which is a shame but can understand why lots are happy.

Are we expecting many more to be announced at a later date? Chances of any more 'big' names?

2nd announcment were smaller acts; although they had Yasin Bey, Villagers and David August.

Erol Alkan surely... ;)

So is Father John Misty "F" or "M" ?

I guess J haha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Finding out hard to get excited about the lineup tbh but it's mostly selfish as I've seen most of the headliners before.

Wouldnt be a fan of FJM but he's good live in fairness.
    Hot Chip have played every Irish festival ever.
    The National are solid but I've seen them three times at this stage (like a lot of people on here I'd say)
    Massive Jon Hopkins fan but he was very disappointing in Vicar st last year. Hopefully he can redeem himself.

TGTBATQ, Olafur Arnulds and Patti Smith I'll be interested in.
    Overall I was more excited about last years line up I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Flippin delighted with that lineup.
    Already fearing the clashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

How likely is it that Gonzalez is an Irish exclusive for ATN? Like were there any shared acts between EP and ATN last year? I would have loved to see him and I'm hesitating to get a ticket to ATN now...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

https://open.spotify.com/user/garkelleher/playlist/4HslXjPNrMBvumm5ejvZQl?si=xYafweY3R7aVZ-SzcrfRSw

Made a playlist of all available artists top 3 Spotify songs if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Finding out hard to get excited about the lineup tbh but it's mostly selfish as I've seen most of the headliners before.

Wouldnt be a fan of FJM but he's good live in fairness.
    Hot Chip have played every Irish festival ever.
    The National are solid but I've seen them three times at this stage (like a lot of people on here I'd say)
    Massive Jon Hopkins fan but he was very disappointing in Vicar st last year. Hopefully he can redeem himself.

TGTBATQ, Olafur Arnulds and Patti Smith I'll be interested in.
    Overall I was more excited about last years line up I have to say.

I'd be happy to see those too! I'd be very exited to see Fontaigne DC playing too, great Irisb rock.

https://youtu.be/TNXrKBt76zI

I'd urge anyone with an interest in rock to check them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

How likely is it that Gonzalez is an Irish exclusive for ATN? Like were there any shared acts between EP and ATN last year? I would have loved to see him and I'm hesitating to get a ticket to ATN now...

He wont be at the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Happy with that announcement I must say. Hot Chip, Little Green Cars, Jose Gonzales and Kiasmos all jumping out on first viewing.

Looking forward to doing a bit of research on the acts I don't know now!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Grand line up. Had my ticket anyway so I'm still going. Lots of acts I'll gladly check out but none really that I'll be running to. Kind of what I want from this festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Personally a little disappointed in this line up myself, but probably because not a lot of the names are jumping out at me as stuff I would regularly listen too.

Couple I do like; Loyle Carner, The Good The Bad and The Queen, Kiasmos, Kamaal Williams (This is A1, love me some jazz) and I'd love to check out the Wailers and Patti Smith.

Was more excited about last years line up and the highlight of the festival was Yassiin Bey (Mos Def) so I'm hopeful for a potential second announcement. Overall I want to see more things with bass (hip hop, dance,..), they may be there and I just don't know them so would love to hear recommendations! Was hoping we'd get some DnB this year, surely the demographic of the festival all grew up with it? but alas.

Not that any of it matters really, I didn't know a load of acts last year and had an absolutely amazing time so this year will be the same. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not a bad lineup.

The big names (Patti, FJM etc) don't really appeal to me which is a shame but can understand why lots are happy.

Are we expecting many more to be announced at a later date? Chances of any more 'big' names?

Second announcement was in mid April last year and had around 12 acts, biggest ones were Villagers, Yasiin Bey, Hercules & Love Affair, David August & the Go Team.

Third and final music announcement was around the start of July and it was pretty much all Irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Patti Smith is always amazing live, even in her 70s she's a force of nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Was a little more excited with the announcement last year probably because it was the first year and wasn't expecting much but saying that I did so much wandering and chilling out last year I didn't even see much of the music last year which I was a bit disappointed about afterwards. I don't know a lot of those acts but if the weather stays fine I will be quiet happy to sit out on the grass again and take it all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Pillow Queens are great fun.

I suppose I may let go of my Groove Armada live hopes now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

much more excited for the lineup this year than I was last year.

The Murder Capital, Fontaines DC, Ships, King Kong Company

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

PinkCamper wrote: »

I was hoping for groove armada too after the hype here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Thrilled with that.

Already have about a dozen acts that I want to see and I've not even started digging yet.

The National and Fontaines DC were a great start and I'm also excited about Father John Misty, Jon Hopkins, Hot Chip, The Good the Bad & the Queen, Kiasmos, Olafur Arnalds, Ships, Murder Capital and King Kong Company. Happy to take a look at José Gonzales and others too. Now once the weather is decent, I'm happy regardless of what comes next!

It looks very catered to my tastes so far but I've seen much bigger festivals with less stuff that would interest me than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

A nice bit of Hip Hop a la Mos Def and some good Irish acts would really round out the festival. One/two/all of Kojaque/Talos/Saint Sister would be lovely. Could see Delorentos announced after their Vicar Street show int he Villagers kind of slot.

Oh and clearly alphabetical order is:

Ben UFO
    Cait
    Erol Alkan
    Father John Misty
    Fontaines D.C.
    George Fitzgerald
    The Good, The Bad and The Queen
    Hot Chip
    Jayda G
    Jon Hopkins
    Jose Gonzalez
    Junior Brother
    Just Mustard
    Kamaal Williams
    Kiasmos
    King Kong Company
    Leftfield
    Lisa Hannigan & Stargaze
    Little Green Cars
    London Astrobeat Orchestra
    Loyle Carner
    The Murder Capital
    The National
    Neneh Cherry
    Olafur Arnalds
    Patti Smith
    Pillow Queens
    Ships
    Tunng
    The Wailers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Delighted with that, makes for a great crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I find them painful to listen to :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know what capacity is this year? Googled it but could only find mention of 15,000 last year. Think there was mention of expanding that this year? Could be that it didn't sell out last year so actual capacity was 10,000 or 12,500 so hoping to sell 15,000 this year.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know what capacity is this year? Googled it but could only find mention of 15,000 last year. Think there was mention of expanding that this year? Could be that it didn't sell out last year so actual capacity was 10,000 or 12,500 so hoping to sell 15,000 this year.

20,000 i believe

MattD wrote: »
    A nice bit of Hip Hop a la Mos Def and some good Irish acts would really round out the festival. One/two/all of Kojaque/Talos/Saint Sister would be lovely. Could see Delorentos announced after their Vicar Street show int he Villagers kind of slot.

All played last year so not playing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

the weather

Don't you dare

MattD wrote: »

Oh and clearly alphabetical order is:

Ben UFO
    Cait
    Erol Alkan
    Father John Misty
    Fontaines D.C.
    George Fitzgerald
    The Good, The Bad and The Queen
    Hot Chip
    Jayda G
    Jon Hopkins
    Jose Gonzalez
    Junior Brother
    Just Mustard
    Kamaal Williams
    Kiasmos
    King Kong Company
    Leftfield
    Lisa Hannigan & Stargaze
    Little Green Cars
    London Astrobeat Orchestra
    Loyle Carner
    The Murder Capital
    The National
    Neneh Cherry
    Olafur Arnalds
    Patti Smith
    Pillow Queens
    Ships
    Tunng
    The Wailers

I would have thought that we go by surnames .. e.g. Nenah Cherry is C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I wouldn't give up hope yet, GA are on the festival circuit this summer, very few live dates announced yet. They could well be announced in the 2nd round. They have close ties with POD

Advertisement