Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

MattD wrote: »
    A nice bit of Hip Hop a la Mos Def and some good Irish acts would really round out the festival. One/two/all of Kojaque/Talos/Saint Sister would be lovely. Could see Delorentos announced after their Vicar Street show int he Villagers kind of slot.

I'd love to see Kojaque. Thought Talos, Saint Sister, David Keenan were great last year. Dunno would they feature again. Junior Brother on line-up is meant to be worth checking out. Ships very good too. Have heard a lot about Just Mustard too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know what capacity is this year? Googled it but could only find mention of 15,000 last year. Think there was mention of expanding that this year? Could be that it didn't sell out last year so actual capacity was 10,000 or 12,500 so hoping to sell 15,000 this year.

It says 20,000 in the email anyway so a bit of an increase on last year.

How likely is it that Gonzalez is an Irish exclusive for ATN? Like were there any shared acts between EP and ATN last year? I would have loved to see him and I'm hesitating to get a ticket to ATN now...

According to the email it is many artists only Irish festival appearance this year, including Jose Gonzalez.

Also says in the email that there will be 16 stages, an expanded all curious minds area, secret woodlands stages (hopefully these are new areas!).

No day tickets are available and that very limited tickets remain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

All played last year so not playing this year.

I did mean an act of Most Def's ilk/genre like the slot he took in last year's second announcement. Someone like Earl Sweatshirt/ Danny Brown/Noname/etc. Don't think it would be too outlandish for Talos or Saint Sister to play again. Talos particularly since he's released an album in the last couple of weeks.

Spotify/itunes dont arrange artists alphabetically by their surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I'd love to see Kojaque. Thought Talos, Saint Sister, David Keenan were great last year. Dunno would they feature again. Junior Brother on line-up is meant to be worth checking out. Ships very good too. Have heard a lot about Just Mustard too

Zero acts from last year, so its clear that "no acts in consecutive years" is in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Tunng headlined the first ever Body and Soul. That was a special gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Given the bigger capacity this year I would have expected at least one more big(ish) name but there's time yet.

It's a solid lineup. There's enough folky nonsense already though .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea id say we will still get one or two biggish acts in the next announcement

I did mean an act of Most Def's ilk/genre like the slot he took in last year's second announcement. Someone like Earl Sweatshirt/ Danny Brown/Noname/etc. Don't think it would be too outlandish for Talos or Saint Sister to play again. Talos particularly since he's released an album in the last couple of weeks.

Fair enough on the Hip Hop like .. my bad. I guess Loyle Carner might fall in there maybe not as big as those acts but really like his sound.

Also wrt: Spotify/iTunes ... they are both sh!thousing on this! How dare they break conventions of alphabetical order of names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Vague sense of disappointment for me but that's pretty much every festival ever and they always work out. For all of us bemoaning the absence of guitars last year, enjoy the National by all means but don't miss the Murder Capital and Fontaines DC. Missed Patti at EP a few years ago but everyone seemed blown away by her so looking forward to that. Really like the couple of tracks I've heard so far from Damon and the boys. Lots to get stuck in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Good The Bad & The Queen will be fantastic. The show at EP in 2008 (?) was stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Df check out Loyle Carner - bit of hip hop, tho not as well known

Noname would be an unreeeal addition, she's a gem and her music is class.

Would second the vote for more Hiphop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Bombay Bicycle Club just announced they’re headlining Wilderness festival in the UK on the same weekend. Fingers crossed ATN can pull them out of the bag for the next announcement.

20,000 i believe

Ah cheers. Couldn't find anything online but do remember talk of expanding it.

Was asking about day tickets, looks like they sold Sunday Family Day tickets from mid June last year. Maybe they felt they weren't going to sell out camping so put these on sale? That said wasn't general camping full by Saturday morning? Not sure will day tickets go on sale this year then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Ah cheers. Couldn't find anything online but do remember talk of expanding it.

Was asking about day tickets, looks like they sold Sunday Family Day tickets from mid June last year. Maybe they felt they weren't going to sell out camping so put these on sale? That said wasn't general camping full by Saturday morning? Not sure will day tickets go on sale this year then.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I reckon day tickets will be a thing again.

They are expanding the campsite so this should help the compressive feeling we all had last year ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Bombay Bicycle Club just announced they’re headlining Wilderness festival in the UK on the same weekend. Fingers crossed ATN can pull them out of the bag for the next announcement.

Along with Groove Armada so maybe they will pop over for ATN too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Vague sense of disappointment for me but that's pretty much every festival ever and they always work out. For all of us bemoaning the absence of guitars last year, enjoy the National by all means but don't miss the Murder Capital and Fontaines DC. Missed Patti at EP a few years ago but everyone seemed blown away by her so looking forward to that. Really like the couple of tracks I've heard so far from Damon and the boys. Lots to get stuck in to.

They really need to add at least three more top tier bands to the line up.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I reckon day tickets will be a thing again.

They are expanding the campsite so this should help the compressive feeling we all had last year ;)

I timed it well last year, arrived on the Saturday afternoon. Security didn't seem sure about general camping so got directed to overflow campsite. Much quieter there and less people to toilet ratios so handy out. Only went to main campsite to grab a shower. Seemed very cramped. Think earplugs are worth bringing, always mean to bring them but forget.

No Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada and the inclusion of Leftfield as a DJ set only is the only disappointment I have with the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

Quick question on the alcohol policy:

Says 24 cans or 1 litre of spirits. What if I wanted to bring in 12 cans and half a litre of spirits?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

yop_mayo wrote: »
    Quick question on the alcohol policy:

Says 24 cans or 1 litre of spirits. What if I wanted to bring in 12 cans and half a litre of spirits?

I did this last year, wasn't an issue.

I think I brought 12 cans and a bottle of vodka (so that'd be 70cl) in a plastic bottle

My partner brought 3 bottles of bucky in plastic bottles and 12 cans as well if I recall correctly.

I'd say the general rule of thumb is don't pull the p*ss and bring 24 cans and loads of spirits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Fairly lacklustre

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I like the lineup, although nothing jumping out to me as a stand out act that I really want to see.
    I don't think it'll sell out on the back of that lineup, so I am guessing that there will be a few day tickets on sale.
    Still very much looking forward to it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm excited to see who's on Beatyard fest now; it'll save me that long trip to waterford. paired with the 2 for 1 early bird tickets could be good.

I did this last year, wasn't an issue.

I think I brought 12 cans and a bottle of vodka (so that'd be 70cl) in a plastic bottle

My partner brought 3 bottles of bucky in plastic bottles and 12 cans as well if I recall correctly.

I'd say the general rule of thumb is don't pull the p*ss and bring 24 cans and loads of spirits

I get the impression these guidelines aren't really a health and safety thing and more protecting their revenue. Don't want enterprising lads bringing in extra slabs and selling on cans on the cheap undercutting the price of price of pints from the bar, but maybe that's the cynic in me.. :P

I'm excited to see who's on Beatyard fest now; it'll save me that long trip to waterford. paired with the 2 for 1 early bird tickets could be good.

Only just over 2 hours by train from Dublin to Waterford. Not much shorter by bus from Cork to Waterford. Got the train down and was nice and relaxing, beats a bus with 50 odd people and 1 toilet any day! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Brilliant line-up so far..... but then, I am old!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Just picked up two tickets. Looking through the rules they are pretty extensive, assume contrary to the rule no one had a major issue bringing in a camera last year. I'm a photographer and would be a major downer not to be able to bring in a small camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JGrace16

Does anyone know if there is a security check leaving the campervan grounds, or is it the same as the main tent camping area (one check and you are in for the weekend)?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I’m not overly enthused about that line up. I’ve seen so many before but there’s a few names I don’t know so I guess I’ll check them out. I think considering the price of the ticket equals EP (or actually 40 quid more than loyalty) I would of expected another mid - big name. I got my ticket on the back of everyone’s rave reviews though so I knew it would be a smaller line up.

Sad no young fathers in there. I thought they’d be a go since they were at metropolis last year.

• Advertisement

JGrace16 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a security check leaving the campervan grounds, or is it the same as the main tent camping area (one check and you are in for the weekend)?

Cheers!

One check and you are in.

Advertisement