Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JGrace16

Thanks.

Do you know how thorough the check is? I'm assuming they can't search your camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

yop_mayo wrote: »
    Quick question on the alcohol policy:

Says 24 cans or 1 litre of spirits. What if I wanted to bring in 12 cans and half a litre of spirits?

I brought 24 cans and a put litre bottle of vodka in plastic in my bag and there wasn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

JGrace16 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Do you know how thorough the check is? I'm assuming they can't search your camper!

They can search it if they want. I have a caravan and last year they didn't even step inside it. There is some rule about "no gas bottles" but it wasn't enforced.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Very tempting lineup. They seem to be going for the 30+ year old indie fans with this, which I wholeheartedly endorse. I've seen most of them before, many in the last year, but there is enough interesting stuff to potentially make it worth while.

Am a bit confused by the Jon Hopkins (Live) part. He was at Body and Soul last year but it was just a guy with a laptop. Does he do a sideline project of live music? Or does Live just mean he will be performing his own music as opposed to a DJ set of other people's stuff?

Does this have the same alcohol policy as body&soul? As in, can you bring you allotted amount of booze wherever you want?

Found on their website https://www.alltogethernow.ie/faqs

Short answer: yes, same as b&s
    Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 24 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption subject to initial entry only. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed. Please drink responsibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Am a bit confused by the Jon Hopkins (Live) part. He was at Body and Soul last year but it was just a guy with a laptop. Does he do a sideline project of live music? Or does Live just mean he will be performing his own music as opposed to a DJ set of other people's stuff?

Yes it will be the same set up as he did at Body & Soul last year. I suspect some of the big fans of his will explain it is probably more complicated than just a guy on a laptop :P

Partyjungle - Yep free flow alcohol policy like Body & Soul.Once you bring your drink in from the car you can bring it around anywhere you want and there are no other security checks going in/out of the arena.

Very tempting lineup. They seem to be going for the 30+ year old indie fans with this, which I wholeheartedly endorse. I've seen most of them before, many in the last year, but there is enough interesting stuff to potentially make it worth while.

He'll be performing on his laptop live with something like Ableton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

What you saw last year is Jon Hopkins (live). The laptop is incidental, just acting as a DAW afaik.I think his main things are Kaos Pads paired with the DAW and mixed live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Had a great time at the festival last year but not much really to my taste on that line up.

Will probably still go anyway for the laugh but its nice to have a few acts looking forward to!

There is bound to be other things that pop up anyway to keep occupied - i spent most of my evenings at the Bandstand stage last year! and there was things like Bingo Loco, Mother DJs, Sing Along Social around most of the time if didn't like the main acts.

The Wailers on a scorching Sat/Sunday afternoon should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

showpony1 wrote: »
    Had a great time at the festival last year but not much really to my taste on that line up.

Will probably still go anyway for the laugh but its nice to have a few acts looking forward to!

There is bound to be other things that pop up anyway to keep occupied - i spent most of my evenings at the Bandstand stage last year! and there was things like Bingo Loco, Mother DJs, Sing Along Social around most of the time if didn't like the main acts.

The Wailers on a scorching Sat/Sunday afternoon should be good!

Bingo Loco never actually happened there last year, security said they never showed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Bingo Loco never actually happened there last year, security said they never showed up

I was wondering. That'd be the loco part, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Had a ball last year, and it's looking good for this year too. And it's on my doorstep. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

think that was the one Sunday night in the comedy tent?
    there was definitely some version of it going on the Friday night in the tent Groove Armada played in. But it was basically a DJ playing with a screen flashing numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think we just have to accept that the venue and (hopefully) the weather will be the highlight of the weekend. We really get shafted in this country
    €200 for that line up is pretty depressing to be honest.

showpony1 wrote: »
    think that was the one Sunday night in the comedy tent?
    there was definitely some version of it going on the Friday night in the tent Groove Armada played in. But it was basically a DJ playing with a screen flashing numbers up.

we tried each night because security kept saying "it's on tomorrow" but nope never happened at all..

Plus I found Sing Along Social a bit underwhelming compared to what i'd seen of it online

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I think we just have to accept that the venue and (hopefully) the weather will be the highlight of the weekend. We really get shafted in this country

Not really feeling that negativity son, it's a decent line up with more to be announced and you can bring your own booze into the arena saving yourself maybe 100 bucks a day.
    If anything, I still owe them €100

Agreed!

Quite disappointed with that line up, saw the National years back at the marquee, didn't like them live...
    I've seen Hot Chip live more than I've had hot dinners!
    And the rest are just not to my taste...

Seriously considering going back to Indiependence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's only first announcement to be fair but for a medium-sized camping festival would imagine it's a fairly standard price. If there's 4/5 medium acts across the weekend then really you're getting your money's worth. Not to mention it includes camping for weekend.

The National at Donnybrook was about €83. Did include Villagers beforehand too. Would imagine Patti Smith gig would be €50 - €70.

Guess starting out they will be scaling up acts over years so some people consider it as sorta an investment in festival. Think the smaller crowd and the bank holiday Monday a fairly big draw too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Agreed!

Quite disappointed with that line up, saw the National years back at the marquee, didn't like them live...

We all have our tickets bought for this so no turning back now.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

The minute ATN announce Picture This as a sub-headliner, i'm out. Until then, roll on each August bank holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Agreed!

Indiependence has the worst lineup of any festival in the country this year. Bastille and Gavin James headlining?? Give me the Marquee in Drumlish over that ****e any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Eod100 wrote: »
    It's only first announcement to be fair but for a medium-sized camping festival would imagine it's a fairly standard price. If there's 4/5 medium acts across the weekend then really you're getting your money's worth. Not to mention it includes camping for weekend.

+1

This is the main reason I prefer to pay for a festival than a stand alone gig, though I am also somewhat disappointed in the line up, it's still great value.

I agree, even if there's 5 acts I want to see, I make my money back. But to me, that's not what a festival is about, especially not ATN considering last year. The vibe, crowd, weather are all a huge contributing factor to an excellent weekend. If I see some acts I looked forward to great, but I know for a fact that even if I didn't want to see any of the acts, I'd discover something while there.

You really can't beat this line up for a festival (however disappointing) when compared to a gig at any venue for the same acts.

I think I spend less than 100 euro last year on booze and food as well, so the free flow policy makes up for another big part of the 200 euro ticket price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Can't be overstated what a difference the free flow makes.

Give me this lineup and free flow over queues, pissed up messy people and a couple more 'names'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The line up is not amazing but I'm happy to go for a good weekend like the first. A few of the headliners are good picks, some of the lower tiered bands on the poster too, but the middle is fair middling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wouldn't call the lineup 'depressing', but I have to admit that I had higher expectations with the larger capacity and higher ticket prices.
    I think the weather is definitely going to have a huge impact. The venue is awkward to get to, but venue is also going to add to the overall atmosphere making it hopefully worth it.

It's hard to not look at something like this a week or so before, though.
    3 days of more than likely guaranteed sunshine, decent lineup, choice of accomodation.
    Return flights for €80 / full pass ticket €110 https://superbocksuperrock.pt/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Suckit wrote: »

While that has 3 'names' at the top of the lineup, it's piss poor IMO but probably more to be added.

I get your point though, ATN is on the expensive side.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

What you saw last year is Jon Hopkins (live). The laptop is incidental, just acting as a DAW afaik.I think his main things are Kaos Pads paired with the DAW and mixed live.

Sorry didnt mean to be glib or dismissive* of him. I meant more someone like Alexis Taylor plays DJ sets but also plays piano/guitar etc. Or Basement Jaxx/Groove Armada sometimes have a full live band, live vocals etc but can also do a scaled down performance. I was wondering if Jon Hopkins ever brought in live musicians or if the live differentiated him from just playing a club dj set.

*well, ok maybe a little bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Suckit wrote: »
    I wouldn't call the lineup 'depressing', but I have to admit that I had higher expectations with the larger capacity and higher ticket prices.
    I think the weather is definitely going to have a huge impact. The venue is awkward to get to, but venue is also going to add to the overall atmosphere making it hopefully worth it.

It's hard to not look at something like this a week or so before, though.
    3 days of more than likely guaranteed sunshine, decent lineup, choice of accomodation.
    Return flights for €80 / full pass ticket €110 https://superbocksuperrock.pt/en/

You forgot about flights and accommodation.....
    looking at the line ups, i have 14 already on my list for ATN-I counted 5 on this one..... Plus the 1975 are playing! :eek:

different strokes etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

Interested in heading to this, the one thing that concerns me is the 24 cans max, I would definitely drink more than 8 cans per day. How much are drinks there? And would it be possible to "sneak" an extra bottle of Vodka in?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

I get your point though, ATN is on the expensive side.

Its not the expense per se that I find annoying its that they went from early bird c. 150 last year and 180 final price to "loyalty" of 180 this year which sold out fairly quickly with a final price first at 200 then 208 with the vat increase. And they have larger capacity this year.

Advertisement