Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Interested in heading to this, the one thing that concerns me is the 24 cans max, I would definitely drink more than 8 cans per day. How much are drinks there? And would it be possible to "sneak" an extra bottle of Vodka in?

it was 48 cans max last year or 24 cans and one bottle of spirits.
    I think the person who posted about 24 cans took that from Body & Soul not ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Looks like a brilliant, well balanced lineup to me, a great variety of mostly excellent acts right down the line.... Perfect for a chilled festival buzz... Cant wait!

Its not the expense per se that I find annoying its that they went from early bird c. 150 last year and 180 final price to "loyalty" of 180 this year which sold out fairly quickly with a final price first at 200 then 208 with the vat increase. And they have larger capacity this year.

did you not read the rest of the thread? you can knock €100 off that price as you can bring cans/you owe them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

maximoose wrote: »
    While that has 3 'names' at the top of the lineup, it's piss poor IMO but probably more to be added.

I get your point though, ATN is on the expensive side.
    There is also nosprimaverasound.com and many others. :)
    roll wrote: »
    You forgot about flights and accommodation.....
    looking at the line ups, i have 14 already on my list for ATN-I counted 5 on this one..... Plus the 1975 are playing! :eek:

different strokes etc....
    No, flights and accommodation are included - full ticket gives access to the camping site. You could also choose different types of accommodation on the website if you wanted.

It was just an example for a similar price, and yep would prefer the lineup at Nos Primavera Sound over Superbok one so far, but it's early days they could announce more.

I'm going to ATN!! :D I just wasn't blown away by the ATN lineup either.
    I wouldn't be a fan of the 1975, I had free tickets to them from work in Malahide Castle and gave them to a friend of a relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

showpony1 wrote: »

No, the following is on the ATN site under FAQs:
    Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 24 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption subject to initial entry only. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed. Please drink responsibly.

Alcohol can be brought onto site at time of first entry only. There is no re-entry with alcohol once wristbanded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

You sure about that?

I got this from the website FAQ
    "Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 24 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption subject to initial entry only. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed. Please drink responsibly. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Suckit wrote: »
    There is also nosprimaverasound.com and many others. :)

No, flights and accommodation are included - full ticket gives access to the camping site. You could also choose different types of accommodation on the website if you wanted.

It was just an example for a similar price, and yep would prefer the lineup at Nos Primavera Sound over Superbok one so far, but it's early days they could announce more.

I'm going to ATN!! :D I just wasn't blown away by the ATN lineup either.
    I wouldn't be a fan of the 1975, I had free tickets to them from work in Malahide Castle and gave them to a friend of a relative.

Nos alive has camping as well (for a small price 19euro), excellent lineup @ 140euro.

There are alternatives and I agree with you, look at some medium size camping fests in the UK. Alot better lineup with more to come.

But yes there's more to be announced, but just going off the first announcements for similar euro based fests we don't fare well.

People may say 'yeah but free flow'

Is there not enough time to have one/two drinks at campsite, go for a wander, watch a band and then come back for another beer.

I mean the campsite is not far from the arena.

No, the following is on the ATN site under FAQs:

I don't remember seeing that last year or would have been more cautious in our approach - 2 of us walked up with a trolley with 4 trays of cans on it so obviously its not being monitored.

Is there not enough time to have one/two drinks at campsite, go for a wander, watch a band and then come back for another beer.

What i found good was the main stage was quite near to camp site so literally as an act was going on you could grab your cans and be at the front of the stage in 2 minutes. If there was no free flow you'd be stopped there in a big massive queue to be searched then have to go queue to buy a pint etc once in there before going to get a decent spot.

*awaits i don't need to buy a pint inside to enjoy the band*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Suckit wrote:
    It's hard to not look at something like this a week or so before, though. 3 days of more than likely guaranteed sunshine, decent lineup, choice of accomodation. Return flights for €80 / full pass ticket €110

This comes up every year on festival threads, festivals on the continent being cheaper, most tend to forget that a lot of these are subsidised by governments hence the lower prices. Also it's worth considering the logistics of the whole thing too, it's clearly easier to move around the continent with equipment that to an island nation like ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nos alive has camping as well (for a small price 19euro), excellent lineup @ 140euro.
    There are alternatives and I agree with you, look at some medium size camping fests in the UK. Alot better lineup with more to come.
    But yes there's more to be announced, but just going off the first announcements for similar euro based fests we don't fare well.
    Early bird for Nos primavera still available @ €103 :D Nos alie daily tickets are €60 for Friday back Sunday :)
    I don't get the free flow either. It is just as easy to drink a beer at the site and talk about the gigs you saw/will see next before heading back out :)
    Also, 24 cans in to the campsite for the entire weekend doesn't really allow for much free flow. Even EP is 48 cans. Although there are probably a few ways around that anyway.
    endainoz wrote: »
    This comes up every year on festival threads, festivals on the continent being cheaper, most tend to forget that a lot of these are subsidised by governments hence the lower prices. Also it's worth considering the logistics of the whole thing too, it's clearly easier to move around the continent with equipment that to an island nation like ourselves.
    Maybe, but it is still hard not to turn your head in their direction whatever the reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

I don't remember seeing that last year or would have been more cautious in our approach - 2 of us walked up with a trolley with 4 trays of cans on it so obviously its not being monitored.

Sounds like it would be easy enough to get an extra L of vodka in then so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Suckit wrote: »
    Early bird for Nos alive still available @ €103 :D
    I don't get the free flow either. It is just as easy to drink a beer at the site and talk about the gigs you saw/will see next before heading back out :)
    Also, 24 cans in to the campsite for the entire weekend doesn't really allow for much free flow. Even EP is 48 cans. Although there are probably a few ways around that anyway.

Site is much more chilled and a lot less queues, messy people about the place with the free flow.

Quite noticeable if you got to ATN, B&S and then EP.

endainoz wrote: »

I'm sure Mainland UK + Isle Of Wight (pre-brexit) may disagree.

Although i must admit Isle of Wight must be a headache to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

NOS lineup is class for one day but a lot of people on eFests forum giving out about the NOS lineup saying it's poor. Different strokes etc..

NOS lineup is class for one day but a lot of people on eFests forum giving out about the NOS lineup saying it's poor. Different strokes etc..

I've been,

I really enjoyed it. They've still got headliners/undercard to annouce and it's already really great.

Gonna chance Mad cool this year. Now that may be a harder sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Hey folks, how long a walk would it be from the car park ? sleeping in a van in the car park for the weekend, so want to suss out how much of a trek it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I've been,

I really enjoyed it. They've still got headliners/undercard to annouce and it's already really great.

Gonna chance Mad cool this year. Now that may be a harder sell.

Going for one day this year (Saturday). Any tips?

Really looking forward to it. 60€ for Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Iver, Chemical Bros, Thom Yorke, Idles, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever..... and Gavin James :pac:

Thats unreal value for that day. Great to know you can guarantee on the weather too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

If i can be all misty-eyed and unreasonable for a sec...

The festivals on the continent are great and all, if your goal is to see as many big international music acts as possible. But there's a few slightly intangible things that I much prefer about 1. Irish festivals and 2. All Together Now in particular that I'm happy to pay the money for:

Gimmicky acts like Bootleg Beatles, London Afrobeat Orchestra, even Trinity Orchestra that you just won't get in these locales, or you'll be forced to choose between them and the new highly rated indie-prog-rock band of the day.

Dealing with Irish people, who to be big-headed, are a fairly agreeable bunch even if they're staff/strangers, compared to the rest of Europe.

Those random moments of meeting mates and acquaintances that you didn't know who would be at the festival and being best friends again for 3 minutes.

Comedy Tent, Spoken Word and Talks, Poetry - not exactly something I'd seek out en espanol.

*Blank* in the woods/random art installations etc that you're not going to get with city/urban festivals.

Comfort while camping...! Camped at Benicassim once, almost asphyxiated in the tent on Morning 1!

Seeing new and upcoming Irish acts in the first place.

I'm sure there's many more things like this that just mean the home festivals are so much more attractive to me.

MattD wrote: »

The festivals on the continent are great and all, if your goal is to see as many big international music acts as possible. But there's a few slightly intangible things that I much prefer about 1. Irish festivals and 2. All Together Now in particular that I'm happy to pay the money for:

Gimmicky acts like Bootleg Beatles, London Afrobeat Orchestra, even Trinity Orchestra that you just won't get in these locales, or you'll be forced to choose between them and the new highly rated indie-prog-rock band of the day.

Dealing with Irish people, who to be big-headed, are a fairly agreeable bunch even if they're staff/strangers, compared to the rest of Europe.

Those random moments of meeting mates and acquaintances that you didn't know who would be at the festival and being best friends again for 3 minutes.

Comedy Tent, Spoken Word and Talks, Poetry - not exactly something I'd seek out en espanol.

*Blank* in the woods/random art installations etc that you're not going to get with city/urban festivals.

Comfort while camping...! Camped at Benicassim once, almost asphyxiated in the tent on Morning 1!

I'm sure there's many more things like this that just mean the home festivals are so much more attractive to me.

So how long have you been working for ATN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm sure Mainland UK + Isle Of Wight (pre-brexit) may disagree.

Although i must admit Isle of Wight must be a headache to get to.

Might be a different story after Brexit, which hopefully won't have a knock-on effect here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I agree, Also for me personally, part of the festival experience is the campervan field, setting up camp outside the caravan. Meeting the neighbours. Proper bed at night. Cold beer in the fridge. Decent shower. Regardless of the ferry costs, I would not be arsed towing the caravan to UK, never mind mainland Europe. Thats just me. Caravanning is part of the festival weekend.

...also the hungover journey home is lot easier in Ireland.

So how long have you been working for ATN?

Weren't you humming and hawing about ATN? Did you buy a ticket yet? Or is there nothing for you in the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Super announcement this morning, even more excited to be going now.

Im sure it's been asked a million times, but if there was a campervan ticket going I would be very grateful for the chance to buy it!

Failing that - did anyone use their camper in the carpark last year? and how was it?

Super announcement this morning, even more excited to be going now.

Im sure it's been asked a million times, but if there was a campervan ticket going I would be very grateful for the chance to buy it!

Wait until July and you will pick one up on toutless.com

Failing that - did anyone use their camper in the carpark last year? and how was it?

I would be very surprised if you get away with that.

Going for one day this year (Saturday). Any tips?

Really looking forward to it. 60€ for Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Iver, Chemical Bros, Thom Yorke, Idles, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever..... and Gavin James :pac:

Thats unreal value for that day. Great to know you can guarantee on the weather too.

It's an amazing day and still more to come.

Bring a little jacket as temp drops alot once sun sets, you're near the shore so could also be windy.

Beer is cheap, half litre for like 4euro. There's fake grass everywhere so you can park your butt and watch from afar if you're tired of standing. Food is amazing and nice desserts too.

Get out to sintra if you can. Ideally stay somewhere a short walk from the train line. Anything more specific then let me know. I'd go back prob next year if mad cool is too cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

I agree, Also for me personally, part of the festival experience is the campervan field, setting up camp outside the caravan. Meeting the neighbours. Proper bed at night. Cold beer in the fridge. Decent shower. Regardless of the ferry costs, I would not be arsed towing the caravan to UK, never mind mainland Europe. Thats just me. Caravanning is part of the festival weekend.

...also the hungover journey home is lot easier in Ireland.

+1 .... have done Nos Alive and while it was reasonably enjoyable I don't see myself going back though I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

ATN is aimed at my slightly ancient demographic and I think their aim is fairly sharp, looking at today. On the cost front, I think they could do better with the early bird, but again, people my age will, in the main, be able to fork out €200 if its their big weekend of the year to relax, see some good bands and generally not act their age for a couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Excellent post, it is easy to point to festivals abroad and say oh that lineup is better and it is cheaper but for a lot of people the lineup is only a piece of the experience. I've been to 3 festivals abroad and they all offered good lineups that you probably wouldn't get in Ireland, but the general buzz around the place and the fun element was nowhere near what you would get here.

Excellent post, it is easy to point to festivals abroad and say oh that lineup is better and it is cheaper but for a lot of people the lineup is only a piece of the experience. I've been to 3 festivals abroad and they all offered good lineups that you probably wouldn't get in Ireland, but the general buzz around the place and the fun element was nowhere near what you would get here.

Try Sziget some time, 7 days may be a bit much for some. But what a fantastic place.

Michael eavis goes there, and he makes Glastonbury. Glasto with better weather hes said, maybe I'm misquoting him but something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

briandebum wrote: »
    So after half an hour of intense thorough research, here's some possible announcements for tomorrow based on people playing other festivals around the time of ATN:

Boy Pablo
    Idles
    Richie Hawtin
    Franz Ferdinand
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Tame Impala
    Wolf Alice
    Modeselektor (The dream being Apparat and Moderat also on the lineup)
    Masego
    Disclosure
    Jorja Smith
    New Order (Although did EP recently enough I think?)
    Four Tet
    FKJ
    Bloc Party

James Blake & Mitski are probably unlikely as they're playing in Japan the week before, but are both playing in Europe on the weekend after ATN.

Then you have Father John Misty & Chvrches playing in Scotland the same weekend as ATN.

Well I absolutely nailed it on this one any way.

Grand auld lineup any way. Loyle Carner is definitely one to look into if you haven't heard him yet.

Advertisement