Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MattD wrote: »
    Comedy Tent, Spoken Word and Talks, Poetry - not exactly something I'd seek out en espanol.

*Blank* in the woods/random art installations etc that you're not going to get with city/urban festivals.

Maybe I'm in the minority I'd happily scrap these to benefit any lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If i can be all misty-eyed and unreasonable for a sec...

Gimmicky acts like Bootleg Beatles, London Afrobeat Orchestra, even Trinity Orchestra that you just won't get in these locales, or you'll be forced to choose between them and the new highly rated indie-prog-rock band of the day.
    Ahem... :D

London Astrobeat. :pac:

Not to be confused with Newen Afrobeat

Would love to see them feature :D
    Would also have loved to have seen Erykah Badu on the list.

Despite pointing out the obvious attraction to the concerts on the continent, I am still very much looking forward to going to ATN. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

With regards to getting your booze in for the weekend - just so long as you bring it all in on your first entry, quantities in excess of the limits stated should be fine. They didn’t even look in our cool bags/backpacks going in on arrival last year, but any time we nipped out to the car they were very strict heading back in.

So basically, just don’t take the mick and bring it all in when getting your wristbands!

Im sure it's been asked a million times, but if there was a campervan ticket going I would be very grateful for the chance to buy it!
    100% certain that there will be a campervan spot going up on toutless, possibly two.

A couple who are abroad selling the first one. They will be back in Ireland in April/May I think.

I don't know for certain about the 2nd ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Try Sziget some time, 7 days may be a bit much for some. But what a fantastic place.

Michael eavis goes there, and he makes Glastonbury. Glasto with better weather hes said, maybe I'm misquoting him but something similar.

I would agree. There's euro fests like Primavera which always has an incredible line-up but it's just sh1t craic. Sziget is amazing though. A rest day is definitely needed during the 7 days. My body pretty much had to expunge itself waking up after it was over after 100s of cheap hungarian cans over the course of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I would agree. There's euro fests like Primavera which always has an incredible line-up but it's just sh1t craic. Sziget is amazing though. A rest day is definitely needed during the 7 days. My body pretty much had to expunge itself waking up after it was over after 100s of cheap hungarian cans over the course of the week.

I suppose people could just get day or 3/5 day tickets instead if they were worried about price etc.

It's amazing. Been twice, one day I'll go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Going for one day this year (Saturday). Any tips?

Really looking forward to it. 60€ for Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Iver, Chemical Bros, Thom Yorke, Idles, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever..... and Gavin James :pac:

Thats unreal value for that day. Great to know you can guarantee on the weather too.

The heat is **gnarly** until about 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Suckit wrote: »
    100% certain that there will be a campervan spot going up on toutless around July, possibly two.

A couple who are abroad selling the first one. They will be back in Ireland in April/May I think.

I don't know for certain about the 2nd ticket.

Thank you for the steer - I'll definitely have to be quick off the mark so

Now, to try figure out toutless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

miller82 wrote: »
    Hey folks, how long a walk would it be from the car park ? sleeping in a van in the car park for the weekend, so want to suss out how much of a trek it is.

Don't think your question was answered so I will! The carpal is beside the main campsite which is beside the entrance. It is a small festival so it's not far at all. If you're not carrying a load of gear I'd say you'd get from the car park to the main stage in 5 minutes or so. That said the rules on the ATN side mentioned they won't be allowing people to kip in vans. Not sure if people attempted last year or if it was actually enforced.

If it's campsite noise you're worried about I can only share my own experience which was that it wasn't that loud at all. Again, it's not a huge fest and the over 21s rule keeps things a lot more civil in my opinion. I would say that tho because for me the camping is a huge part of what makes the fest! Shour out to all our neighbours, who we hung out with loads at the campsite to talk about the festi, the music and life in general and also shout out to the other punters stopping by for chats (we were camped by a path). The crowd was unreal, so friendly and easy going!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I would agree. There's euro fests like Primavera which always has an incredible line-up but it's just sh1t craic.

In your opinion of course. Have had some of the best weekends of my life at primavera. All depends on the company you keep obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Don't think your question was answered so I will! The carpal is beside the main campsite which is beside the entrance. It is a small festival so it's not far at all. If you're not carrying a load of gear I'd say you'd get from the car park to the main stage in 5 minutes or so. That said the rules on the ATN side mentioned they won't be allowing people to kip in vans. Not sure if people attempted last year or if it was actually enforced.

If it's campsite noise you're worried about I can only share my own experience which was that it wasn't that loud at all. Again, it's not a huge fest and the over 21s rule keeps things a lot more civil in my opinion. I would say that tho because for me the camping is a huge part of what makes the fest! Shour out to all our neighbours, who we hung out with loads at the campsite to talk about the festi, the music and life in general and also shout out to the other punters stopping by for chats (we were camped by a path). The crowd was unreal, so friendly and easy going!

thanks for that .

hhhmmmm, would love to know how they enforced the carpark rule. Its what i did at the last three EP's i went to. I'm conditioned to it now ha, and really dont want to tent it.

I dont see how they can enforce the car park rule. EP website says the same but i never had any issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

sweetie wrote: »
    In your opinion of course. Have had some of the best weekends of my life at primavera. All depends on the company you keep obviously.

Of course, though I wasn't really referring to the company, I had a great weekend. I more meant that the festival setup itself doesn't really enable good festival fun as much as many others. Massive swathes of grey concrete with no grass and no camping is obviously going to have that effect. Definitely works great doubling up as a Barcelona city trip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

If i can be all misty-eyed and unreasonable for a sec...

The festivals on the continent are great and all, if your goal is to see as many big international music acts as possible. But there's a few slightly intangible things that I much prefer about 1. Irish festivals and 2. All Together Now in particular that I'm happy to pay the money for:

Gimmicky acts like Bootleg Beatles, London Afrobeat Orchestra, even Trinity Orchestra that you just won't get in these locales, or you'll be forced to choose between them and the new highly rated indie-prog-rock band of the day.

Dealing with Irish people, who to be big-headed, are a fairly agreeable bunch even if they're staff/strangers, compared to the rest of Europe.

Those random moments of meeting mates and acquaintances that you didn't know who would be at the festival and being best friends again for 3 minutes.

Comedy Tent, Spoken Word and Talks, Poetry - not exactly something I'd seek out en espanol.

*Blank* in the woods/random art installations etc that you're not going to get with city/urban festivals.

Comfort while camping...! Camped at Benicassim once, almost asphyxiated in the tent on Morning 1!

Seeing new and upcoming Irish acts in the first place.

I'm sure there's many more things like this that just mean the home festivals are so much more attractive to me.

Totally this. Last year I ended up at Body and Soul and it made me realise how much I miss Irish festivals. Yes, the Primaveras and Alive and whatever are great but you just can't beat the characters you meet at Irish festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Plenty on that line up to keep me happy, Olafur Arnalds probably the pick of the bunch for me. Cant wait!

miller82 wrote: »
    thanks for that .

hhhmmmm, would love to know how they enforced the carpark rule. Its what i did at the last three EP's i went to. I'm conditioned to it now ha, and really dont want to tent it.

I dont see how they can enforce the car park rule. EP website says the same but i never had any issue at all.

Yea I don't really see how it would be enforced either, just said I would point that out! Considering you can come and go from the festival site all weekend once you have a wristband it should be doable. Only thing to take in to account is that you can only bring drink in when you get the wristband so you'd need to either bring it in and have someone at the campsite mind it for you or go without the drink from home. They really didn't check number of cans/spirits on first go, but were thorough on checking drink coming in if you already had a wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yea I don't really see how it would be enforced either, just said I would point that out! Considering you can come and go from the festival site all weekend once you have a wristband it should be doable. Only thing to take in to account is that you can only bring drink in when you get the wristband so you'd need to either bring it in and have someone at the campsite mind it for you or go without the drink from home. They really didn't check number of cans/spirits on first go, but were thorough on checking drink coming in if you already had a wristband.

Pop up tent. The only reason I ever use a pop up is for storing beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

No mention of Arcadia or did i miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

No mention of Arcadia or did i miss it?

It gets a mention on the ATN website as an area anyway, so should be present again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Plenty of people sleeping in cars and vans last year. Didn’t see anyone having an issue.

danois wrote: »
    Plenty of people sleeping in cars and vans last year. Didn’t see anyone having an issue.

I can't imagine how they would enforce that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Listened to a couple of Ben UFO Boiler Rooms for a while yesterday. I'm not very well versed in DJs etc but I enjoyed it. He seems to work mostly with live mixing of vinyl which seems interesting, though again I don't know how unique that is in today's climate. Lot of varied drum patterns and sounds - a fair bit of Afrobeat coming off what I listened to. Fairly relaxed and low key but changes it up a good bit to keep it interesting.

Onto Cáit today!

Listened to a couple of Ben UFO Boiler Rooms for a while yesterday. I'm not very well versed in DJs etc but I enjoyed it. He seems to work mostly with live mixing of vinyl which seems interesting, though again I don't know how unique that is in today's climate. Lot of varied drum patterns and sounds - a fair bit of Afrobeat coming off what I listened to. Fairly relaxed and low key but changes it up a good bit to keep it interesting.

Onto Cáit today!

MVP

Onto Cáit today!

I can't find her on Google Play Music

Is this her: https://soundcloud.com/caitfa

I can't find her on Google Play Music

Is this her: https://soundcloud.com/caitfa

Ya that's her, she has a RA page that links to that Soundcloud.

Onto Cáit today!

Would you mind linking us up? I'd be keen to check him out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Onto Cáit today!

I'm a big believer in Ben.

Love this Essential Mix: https://www.mixcloud.com/corenewsuploads/ben-ufo-bbc-radio-1-essential-mix-2013-10-05/

Would you mind linking us up? I'd be keen to check him out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDn4lsHcbAU&

One that I listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Well, unfortunately Beirut won't be playing, just announced 2 shows in Vicar St 26/27 August. That seems a bit ambitious to me.

I like the line-up, nice mix of stuff. Glad to see Patti Smith playing as we arrived late at the Nick Cave gig and missed her and had to listen to everyone raving about how great she was.

Well, unfortunately Beirut won't be playing, just announced 2 shows in Vicar St 26/27 August. That seems a bit ambitious to me.

I like the line-up, nice mix of stuff. Glad to see Patti Smith playing as we arrived late at the Nick Cave gig and missed her and had to listen to everyone raving about how great she was.

I have a mate who swears by her. Seen her several times and was thrilled that she is on the lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Does anyone know how strict they were on the alcohol limit last year? I know the EP website says that they only allow 48 cans per person but I've never had any issues bringing in 10+ litres of mixed alcohol plus cans.

Advertisement