Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Well, unfortunately Beirut won't be playing, just announced 2 shows in Vicar St 26/27 August. That seems a bit ambitious to me.

I like the line-up, nice mix of stuff. Glad to see Patti Smith playing as we arrived late at the Nick Cave gig and missed her and had to listen to everyone raving about how great she was.

Nuts. Do you have a link to the Vicar St Beirut info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does anyone know how strict they were on the alcohol limit last year? I know the EP website says that they only allow 48 cans per person but I've never had any issues bringing in 10+ litres of mixed alcohol plus cans.

Wrong thread ?

for ATN ppl are saying not strict on first entry but once you have a wristband searches ensue

I have a mate who swears by her. Seen her several times and was thrilled that she is on the lineup.

Seen her numerous times, twice in the last few years.

Always amazing, you'll be raving to mates after you've seen her too.

Just listening to the Cáit soundcloud. Seems to have a bit of a (what we used to call in the 80s) electro* influence.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(music)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Well, unfortunately Beirut won't be playing, just announced 2 shows in Vicar St 26/27 August. That seems a bit ambitious to me.

I like the line-up, nice mix of stuff. Glad to see Patti Smith playing as we arrived late at the Nick Cave gig and missed her and had to listen to everyone raving about how great she was.

Guess that rules them out of EP too. Pity them and Vampire Weekend arent doing any festivals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Wrong thread ?

for ATN ppl are saying not strict on first entry but once you have a wristband searches ensue

Sorry for the confusion, I just meant that I never had any issue with bringing extra alcohol into EP before and I was wondering if ATN would be the same.

See Beirut have dates up on their website and tickets going on sale Friday. Doesn't seem to be announced anywhere yet for some reason. Was it their site you saw it yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No, got an alert from Bandsintown

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1604-beirut?came_from=162&utm_medium=web&utm_source=artist_event_page&utm_campaign=artist

By the way Vampire Weekend are playing Festivals, they're playing this cool sounding festival in the Netherlands - Down the Rabbit Hole

https://downtherabbithole.nl/english

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Watched as much as I could last night of a Patti Smith live show from last year, all I got from it was 72 year old bag lady screeching nonsense.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Watched as much as I could last night of a Patti Smith live show from last year, all I got from it was 72 year old bag lady screeching nonsense.

Funny.

But what about Cáit?

• Advertisement

Funny.

But what about Cáit?

Baby steps. Patti is back on later. I have to be missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Weren't you humming and hawing about ATN? Did you buy a ticket yet? Or is there nothing for you in the lineup?

No that was Body & Soul i said i might go to haven't been at that one before.

I was at ATN last year and enjoyed it - honestly nothing really on the line-up at the moment that would to be my taste.

Last year there was Mura Masa & New Power Generation that was looking forward to as well as Groove Armada, Underworld, Chaka Kahn, that i knew i would go along to. (then got listening to The Go-Team in the lead up to festival).

But i would say I'll go anyway & just go to Bandstand etc if there's no acts i'm interested in - been to 3 arena for a few concerts lately & has now put me off it and longing for the festival atmosphere with slightly older crowd as opposed to messy 14-18 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hoboo wrote:

And I bet she's still cool as fcuk doing it. Patti Smith had the famous line from her version of Gloria that said: "Jesus died for somebodys sins, but not mine...." One of the coolest lines ever written.

No, got an alert from Bandsintown

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1604-beirut?came_from=162&utm_medium=web&utm_source=artist_event_page&utm_campaign=artist

By the way Vampire Weekend are playing Festivals, they're playing this cool sounding festival in the Netherlands - Down the Rabbit Hole

https://downtherabbithole.nl/english

Ah cheers, just saw Selective Memory have announced it.

Ah meant Irish festivals, won't make any one abroad this year unfortunately. End of the Road line up looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Baby steps. Patti is back on later. I have to be missing something.

Skip YouTube and just listen to the album Horses. If you don't like it you won't like her. (preferably have a look at the lyrics as you're listening)

Edit: or if you must youtube :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNQtz6Ajvfg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Bag lady, how charming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Does anyone know how strict they were on the alcohol limit last year? I know the EP website says that they only allow 48 cans per person but I've never had any issues bringing in 10+ litres of mixed alcohol plus cans.

Have a gander back a page or two as there's been a few posts discussing the trials and tribulations of the ATN alcohol limits. To summarise, bring it all in on first entry and they were fairly relaxed on the amounts...just don't take the absolute proverbial.

Interestingly, they had a 48 can limit last year at ATN and it's been reduced to 24 this year. Same spirit and wine amounts. I wonder are they concerned about exceptionally low bar takings? Not that I have the accounts to hand, but I think I bought perhaps 2 pints over the entire weekend....and I never once saw a queue at a bar. God I love free flow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Will we need to create a separate "All Together Now Alcohol Queries Thread" :)

Not wowed by the lineup, but is often the case with Irish festivals I find. With more acts, comedy, chats etc should be more than enough for a great weekend.
    I've seen Junior Brother a few times and like him a lot. Hoping for a heap of Irish acts to be announced as big fan of the ones so far, Pillow Queens, Fontaines etc.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Will we need to create a separate "All Together Now Alcohol Queries Thread" :)

Not wowed by the lineup, but is often the case with Irish festivals I find. With more acts, comedy, chats etc should be more than enough for a great weekend.
    I've seen Junior Brother a few times and like him a lot. Hoping for a heap of Irish acts to be announced as big fan of the ones so far, Pillow Queens, Fontaines etc.

Wouldn't recommend watching that video hungover :P

beecee wrote: »
    Skip YouTube and just listen to the album Horses. If you don't like it you won't like her. (preferably have a look at the lyrics as you're listening)

Edit: or if you must youtube :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNQtz6Ajvfg

Sound cheers. Went to pearl jam in slane in 93 I think, Neil Young was playing. Massive regret not knowing his music then like I do now, so would like to learn about PS before I go. Horses on repeat.

• Advertisement

Bag lady, how charming

Nothing charming whatsoever about a bag lady.

Nothing charming whatsoever about a bag lady.

I suggest you go to After Hours if you're looking to troll, this is the Gigs and Events forum

I suggest you go to After Hours if you're looking to troll, this is the Gigs and Events forum

Im not trolling? I'm entitled to an opinion, it was you that referred to me as charming...... but thanks for your unnecessary suggestion. Pointing me towards some Patti Smith classics so I can educate myself would be time better spent.

Im not trolling? I'm entitled to an opinion, it was you that referred to me as charming...... but thanks for your unnecessary suggestion. Pointing me towards some Patti Smith classics so I can educate myself would be time better spent.

Sure you're entitled to an opinion but calling a female musician in her 70s (or any woman) a "Bag lady" is something one would expect to see in After Hours, not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Moving on.......Facebook saying ATN is enroute to selling out.

It's targeted as a festival for disillusioned picnic goers but commerically it's the smaller festivals that are feeling the heat. No castlepalooza and no Townlands carnival (although correct me on this) this year and Body and Soul didn't sell out later year.

I know it's something you'd say to sell more tickets but ATN are advising people to pick up tickets this week as close to selling out, apparently. Just an FYI.

Between this and EP seems to be huge demand for festivals lately. Think Castlepalooza had changed its dates to May from August bank holiday before cancelling but guess some people going to that could be snapping up tickets for this instead.

https://www.facebook.com/events/317889845437503/permalink/400800103813143/

Be interesting to see if B&S try to bring in a couple of better known acts than they have the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Eod100 wrote: »
    I know it's something you'd say to sell more tickets but ATN are advising people to pick up tickets this week as close to selling out, apparently. Just an FYI.

That would be a big surprise, be a bold move to say that so early though if there we zero truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

How about These Charming Men for the festival?
    there seems to be a few of them in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Quite enjoying listening to Ólafur Arnalds, very minecrafty :pac:

Advertisement