Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

maximoose wrote: »
    Quite enjoying listening to Ólafur Arnalds, very minecrafty :pac:

Had a blast of him last night on my way home from work, along with a few from Kiasmos. His stuff is perfect for a late afternoon chill out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Quite enjoying listening to Ólafur Arnalds, very minecrafty :pac:

My favourite genre after "tetrislike".

You know that he is half of Kiasmos?

He fits in the Nils Frahm spot from last year. In fact there is some music on which those two have collaborated also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That would be a big surprise, be a bold move to say that so early though if there we zero truth to it.

Ah yeah, I'd take it at face value myself. Would be a bit surprised if it sold out this week is all but they know ticket sales better than any of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Eod100 wrote: »
    I know it's something you'd say to sell more tickets but ATN are advising people to pick up tickets this week as close to selling out, apparently. Just an FYI.

Between this and EP seems to be huge demand for festivals lately. Think Castlepalooza had changed its dates to May from August bank holiday before cancelling but guess some people going to that could be snapping up tickets for this instead.

https://www.facebook.com/events/317889845437503/permalink/400800103813143/
    Wow.. :eek:
    I'm happy with my two, thanks :D
    But never would have expected it to sell out this quickly.

I can't view that link, I'm not on facebook. Does it say selling out?

Ah yeah, I'd take it at face value myself. Would be a bit surprised if it sold out this week is all but they know ticket sales better than any of us!

I live and work in the area and anyone I mention it to are all "heard it was great last year, so am going this year".

I can see it selling out. Would be surprised if it were this early though. Maybe it will "sell out" and then during the early summer a final batch will appear. That's a bit cynical of me i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I live and work in the area and anyone I mention it to are all "heard it was great last year, so am going this year".

I can see it selling out. Would be surprised if it were this early though. Maybe it will "sell out" and then during the early summer a final batch will appear. That's a bit cynical of me i know.

I agree,

Marketing 101

Supply and demand

just looking at how it is phrased..

"Hello...we would strongly advise picking up your tickets this week as we are on course to sell out all tickets. "

OK.. this does not mean it will be soon sold out. It means if we keep up this rate of sales we will sell out before the festival.

just looking at how it is phrased..

"Hello...we would strongly advise picking up your tickets this week as we are on course to sell out all tickets. "

OK.. this does not mean it will be soon sold out. It means if we keep up this rate of sales we will sell out before the festival.

The this week bit implies it will be soon, otherwise why specify it at all?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

lbj666 wrote: »
    It's targeted as a festival for disillusioned picnic goers but commerically it's the smaller festivals that are feeling the heat. No castlepalooza and no Townlands carnival (although correct me on this) this year and Body and Soul didn't sell out later year.

I don't think ATN are necessarily the cause of this. Lots of festivals both here and in the UK have cancelled 2019. Bestival is the most obvious, but they had a disaster last year resulting in them financially sinking. But Festival No. 6 has cancelled as well.

In Ireland, Arcadian Fields in Dundalk and Swell in Arranmore are not going ahead this year, together with Castlepalooza and Townlands as you mention. They can't all be down to ATN.

Re: Body and Soul, the general consensus seems to be that the lineup has been declining in the last few years. Even though I liked last year's lineup, it's hard to argue with the fact that there are less big bands coming to Body and Soul. But maybe for their 10 year anniversary they will fight back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Suckit wrote: »
    Wow.. :eek:
    I'm happy with my two, thanks :D
    But never would have expected it to sell out this quickly.

I can't view that link, I'm not on facebook. Does it say selling out?

It says "On course to sell out". Which could easily mean that they have sold 10k now and plan to sell the other 10k between now and August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

In Ireland, Arcadian Fields in Dundalk and Swell in Arranmore are not going ahead this year,

Are you sure Arcadian isn't on this year? I had heard they might be changing the weekend its on this year.

Are you sure Arcadian isn't on this year? I had heard they might be changing the weekend its on this year.

I'm not so don't take my word as gospel. But their website hasn't been updated since last year's festival:

http://www.arcadianfield.ie/

I would've thought they'd at least have sent something out by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got a ticket warning by email too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Email ticket warning...
    Following the incredible response to yesterday's announcement tickets are selling fast.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

GENERAL WEEKEND TICKETS:

Tickets are ON SALE NOW priced at €208. Very limited tickets remain.

Please note, there will be NO DAY TICKETS for All Together Now 2019.

FAMILY WEEKEND TICKETS:

Tickets have completely SOLD OUT.

CAMPERVAN PASSES:

General & Family Campervan Passes are completely SOLD OUT, there will be NO MORE put on sale. Register future interest here - https://www.alltogethernow.ie/campervan

All Together Now is Strictly Over 21s. Children up until the age of 12 can attend free of charge, accompanied by a parent with a Family ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Had a blast of him last night on my way home from work, along with a few from Kiasmos. His stuff is perfect for a late afternoon chill out!

He is 1 half of Kiasmos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

He is 1 half of Kiasmos!

Yup, had found that out yesterday so listened to them both in tandem on the way home.......at least they won’t clash at ATN! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

lbj666 wrote: »
    Moving on.......Facebook saying ATN is enroute to selling out.

It's targeted as a festival for disillusioned picnic goers but commerically it's the smaller festivals that are feeling the heat. No castlepalooza and no Townlands carnival (although correct me on this) this year and Body and Soul didn't sell out later year.

TBH, I'm amazed Castlepalooza went on as long as it did

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Email ticket warning...
    CAMPERVAN PASSES:

General & Family Campervan Passes are completely SOLD OUT, there will be NO MORE put on sale. Register future interest here - https://www.alltogethernow.ie/campervan

Why do they say register future interest here, after emphasising that there will be NO MORE put on sale?
    I didn't think it was possible to cancel a Campervan pass (or any other tickets), so they can't be in case somebody asks for a refund..

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Suckit wrote: »
    Why do they say register future interest here, after emphasising that there will be NO MORE put on sale?
    I didn't think it was possible to cancel a Campervan pass (or any other tickets), so they can't be in case somebody asks for a refund..

To guage how much interest there is for camper van spaces so that can increase capacity and accommodate everyone next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

This lineup hits all the right spots for me. Delighted with FJM as he's one of my favourites. They've picked all the best Irish rock acts and mixed in with some top end electronic acts. The wailers on a sunny sunday would be glorious.

Also I don't see much of a point in comparing EP and ATN. Both aiming at different markets. EP nowadays is going more for the masses and ATN is a little more niche. Hence the festival is half the size of EP. Comparing lineups doesn't really work for me. A festival is more about the environment with the lineup being the cherry on top. An amazing lineup doesn't make a great festival and visa versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Kiasmos/Olafur is super. He was in Ireland last year on the Weekend of ATN (for Beatyard) and I was hoping they'd get him to this to do something with Nils Frahm as they collaborate a lot. A few more of his label mates from Erased Tapes would be nice.

Hot Chip have never let me down when they're doing their own, full band stuff. Patti Smith is a force of nature. National and FJM, I'd definitely go see, but if there's something more interesting on I'd be okay missing out. I'll always make an effort to see Albarn too. Disappointed Leftfield is the DJ thing, as Live they are great.

Very decent line up, couple of more good bands, djs and some good non music things and it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Family camping sold out! Goddamit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Ticket sorted! Not taking any chances

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Seen Kiasmos recently at District 8 for their final night, really enjoyed their set so looking forward to seeing them in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sick of seeing Hot chip on every line up tbh, cannot get away from them and they look to be taking up a premium spot at this which is disappointing

Seen Kiasmos recently at District 8 for their final night, really enjoyed their set so looking forward to seeing them in August!

Was it just one of them that night? Think I looked up at the time and Olafur was touring USA same time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Sick of seeing Hot chip on every line up tbh, cannot get away from them and they look to be taking up a premium spot at this which is disappointing

Well they are a premium band, also its their only show in Ireland this year (so far) granted they do play quite a bit but always put on a great show so no complaints from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Was it just one of them that night? Think I looked up at the time and Olafur was touring USA same time

I am nearly sure 2 of them were there but in saying that they were on quite late and I could have been seeing double by that stage :D was advertised as Kiasmos DJ set

• Advertisement

First time I saw them was when they played EP first time in 2005. I thought they were fantastic. I have seen them a few times since but never quite as excellent as that first time.

Advertisement