Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

First time I saw them was when they played EP first time in 2005. I thought they were fantastic. I have seen them a few times since but never quite as excellent as that first time.

Think I first saw them at picnic in 2010 (?). Great I thought, haven't seen them since

Loving Kiasmos.
    Just Mustard a very pleasant surprise also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

maximoose wrote: »
    Think I first saw them at picnic in 2010 (?). Great I thought, haven't seen them since

Loving Kiasmos.
    Just Mustard a very pleasant surprise also.

I saw Just Mustard in the Workmans Club last week and can confirm they are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Had a listen to the Pillow Queens for the first time last night. Had never heard of them before, but they seem like they'd be great to see live. Got a hint of wheezer off them...but with a Dublin twang!

'Twang' is being polite. I dunno, it seems very forced and over the top to me - particularly in Gay Girls - I find it hard to believe she would speak like that normally. Shame cuz I actually quite like the music but I can't listen to the accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

maximoose wrote: »
    'Twang' is being polite. I dunno, it seems very forced and over the top to me - particularly in Gay Girls - I find it hard to believe she would speak like that normally. Shame cuz I actually quite like the music but I can't listen to the accent.

I get what you're saying alright, very strong accent on 'Gay Girls' and 'Rats' but still like them as tunes. 'Puppets' is a quality number and seems to be sung by one of the other band members.

Also checked out Ships, 'Where we are' a particular favourite.

P.S. Thanks to Rigor Mortis for the ATN 19 playlist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I didn't recognise it as a 'Dublin' accent at all. some of the songs are okay, But the accent does get grating.

It's strong here too (favourite) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLJ53YGdX4

And seems more forced here (Rats) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vicOjv-1qIc

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Only ~3000 tickets left on sale apparently.

They've sold 15000 and increasing capacity to 17500 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Only ~3000 tickets left on sale apparently.

They've sold 15000 and increasing capacity to 17500 this year.

Didn't they increase capacity from 15000 last year to 20000 this year?
    Also, make sure to share your source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Had a listen to the Pillow Queens for the first time last night. Had never heard of them before, but they seem like they'd be great to see live. Got a hint of wheezer off them...but with a Dublin twang!

they are great live, saw them at EP last year
    i love them. the strong accent would normally put me off but i think it works for them, i really took to them from first listen which is unusual for me, usually need a few listens to form an opinion on anything
    "Favourite" is a class track not mentioned here yet

cheers

i saw them in Whelans at the end of last year. I think they're a marmite band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Suckit wrote: »
    i saw them in Whelans at the end of last year. I think they're a marmite band.

I quite liked "Gay Girls" and then it got stuck in my head for a week and I never wanted to hear it again. And then it came on Spotify on shuffle and I quite enjoyed it. And, four days later, it's still in my head...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

I quite liked "Gay Girls" and then it got stuck in my head for a week and I never wanted to hear it again. And then it came on Spotify on shuffle and I quite enjoyed it. And, four days later, it's still in my head...

:p

I'm the same ! Came on the spotify two days ago and have been singing away since :pac:

Tunng are pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BemusedKettle

Love Tunng's stuff with Laura Marling.

I adore Patti Smith and didn't get to see her when she was in Dublin last summer. Pity the festival isn't doing any day tickets, would have loved to see her but plus €200 for ticket alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I adore Patti Smith and didn't get to see her when she was in Dublin last summer. Pity the festival isn't doing any day tickets, would have loved to see her but plus €200 for ticket alone

The YouTube video of her doing Horses and Gloria in Dublin last year is fantastic. Some energy for a lady in her 70s!!

Less than 10% of tickets left according to ATN on fb

"Less than 10% of tickets remain for All Together Now 2019, we expect tickets to sell out the end of the week."

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Selling quicker than a lot expected it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Selling quicker than a lot expected it seems

Guess the positive word of mouth from last year helped! And EP selling out so far in advance. Could be sold out by time EP has announced its line-up

Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess the positive word of mouth from last year helped! And EP selling out so far in advance. Could be sold out by time EP has announced its line-up

That and the really good line-up!

• Advertisement

That and the really good line-up!

True but guessing a fair few were sold before line up was out

The last 10% will possibly be snapped up by touts after seeing its popularity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be shocked if they dont release more tickets at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Id be shocked if they dont release more tickets at a later date
    Yeah, it's inevitable tbh..

B and S announce Talos, seemed certain they wouldn't play ATN this year again but guess this confirms it for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

B and S announce Talos, seemed certain they wouldn't play ATN this year again but guess this confirms it for sure

Meh, as much as I like talos, seen them loads of times and you're always likely to catch them doing their own gig at least once or twice a year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

It'd be fairly unusual for any act to play the same festival 2 years in a row

It'd be fairly unusual for any act to play the same festival 2 years in a row

Ah yeah, like I said it was pretty much ruled out already but can take this as confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

The only one from re Body and Soul lineup that I'd really want is The Blaze. Was very worried Cut Copy would be announced. What are the chances of them being announced for ATN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

The only one from re Body and Soul lineup that I'd really want is The Blaze. Was very worried Cut Copy would be announced. What are the chances of them being announced for ATN?

23.572%

That's what my Festival band determination computer programme has resulted in.

Advertisement