Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Do we think leftfield are going to take underworlds spot on the main stage on the Saturday? Am I setting myself up for disappointment thinking they would be better suited to a tent and hoping someone for the main stage will be announced in the second round with a bit more go in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

dodo87 wrote: »
    Do we think leftfield are going to take underworlds spot on the main stage on the Saturday? Am I setting myself up for disappointment thinking they would be better suited to a tent and hoping someone for the main stage will be announced in the second round with a bit more go in them!

Yeah unless they change up the format, I'd imagine they are the underworld booking

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Yeah unless they change up the format, I'd imagine they are the underworld booking

Based solely on the fact that they are on the top two lines of the poster I was thinking Hot Chip or Jon Hopkins as the last Saturday night main stage act!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Based solely on the fact that they are on the top two lines of the poster I was thinking Hot Chip or Jon Hopkins as the last Saturday night main stage act!!!!

I'd guess Hopkins in the big tent, hot chip on the main stage alright unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

I'd guess Hopkins in the big tent, hot chip on the main stage alright unfortunately

Now that would be unbelievably stupid. Right up there with Mogwai clashing with slowdive at electric picnic a few years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm assuming it'll be main stage as he'll need the big screen for his visuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Leftfield is a DJ set, ie. probably one of them playing mostly other people's music. very much doubt they'll be in the same slot as Underworld, probably more like Groove Armada who were also DJing, rather than doing a live set.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Leftfield is only a dj set, similar to groove armada last year, so I'd expect they will play one of the tents, just like groove armada dj set last year. Not sure who will play the underworld type slot, still hoping the full groove armada set up is announced as that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

23.572%

That's what my Festival band determination computer programme has resulted in.

I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My initial guess was Jon Hopkins for that slot, he played the main stage at body and soul last year and had a massive crowd so I could see it working. Leftfield a direct swap for the Groove Armada dj set last year you would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Leftfield DJ set for Arcadia?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

So I'm sure many of you were at this last year and was just wondering what kind of stuff aside from the music goes on at ATN?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

endainoz wrote: »
    So I'm sure many of you were at this last year and was just wondering what kind of stuff aside from the music goes on at ATN?

There's a comedy tent, although it was way too small last year and was always packed out. There's a few tents that have talks going on about literature science etc. There's one that does cooking demonstrations too like you'd see at Taste or the Big Grill. There are bits and pieces of standard fair ground stuff like the ferris wheel. There's also a small arts and crafts area with people making and selling stuff.

Generally speaking there's quite a lot going on for a small festival like this. There was always enough to keep us interested last year when there wasn't music on.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

endainoz wrote: »

we had oysters and bloody marys for breakfast in the food tent one of the days......

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I'll take it!

Anyway FWIW they're in Europe all of July, finishing in Latvia on July 26th.

So could very much work. (Please make it happen if you're reading, bookers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wondering where KKC will go.

Hope the guitar bands are given their own little tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Hot Chip will take the Underworld slot i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

I'd say Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins and Olafur will fill the "electro" slots on main stage spread over the 3 nights. Jon Hopkins and Ben UFO are at Dekmantel on the Friday so they'll be Sat or Sun.

Would love to see kkc on the main stage. The tents last year were lethal! I think they have a big enough following at this stage for a later slot on the main stage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see kkc on the main stage. The tents last year were lethal! I think they have a big enough following at this stage for a later slot on the main stage

Agreed , The EA at EP was fairly packed so i think a late night slot will be perfect for them

• Advertisement

The tents last year were lethal!

What do you mean? The tents were awesome!

llatsni wrote: »
    What do you mean? The tents were awesome!

Was one of them on a slope? I was trying to dance at groove armada and had to move on and dunno how many people I fell over because they were sitting down in there!

Was one of them on a slope?

Ha, yes! Sloped grass. You're right... I wasn't sure if that was because of "the influence" or real. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Ha, yes! Sloped grass. You're right... I wasn't sure if that was because of "the influence" or real. :pac:

I would imagine that there will be one bigger tent this year possibly in another location. I would love if they used the woods more too.

Ben UFO surely for an Arcadia set

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd say Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins and Olafur will fill the "electro" slots on main stage spread over the 3 nights. Jon Hopkins and Ben UFO are at Dekmantel on the Friday so they'll be Sat or Sun.

Think Nils Frahm was in tent last year so could be same for Olafur. Not sure sound would work on a outdoor stage as well but who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think Nils Frahm was in tent last year so could be same for Olafur. Not sure sound would work on a outdoor stage as well but who knows!

I reckon putting Olafur outside on a big stage would kill it. Caught the tour last year and it was a good show but if ever something needed to be in a tent...

From what we have so far, I'd reckon Hot Chip the most likely for a late outdoor electronic set, the National, Father John Misty and Patti Smith all on the main stage. The Wailers at about 5pm some day and Kiasmos, Leftfield and George Fitzgerald all to do late slots in the tents. I'd hope tent for Hopkins but I'd guess stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The only one from re Body and Soul lineup that I'd really want is The Blaze. Was very worried Cut Copy would be announced. What are the chances of them being announced for ATN?

I would have also liked Modeselektor. Haven't seen them in a long time, bloody excellent live. Sadly, I don't think I will make B&S this year as its the only time we can squeeze in summer holidays.

Also, The Blaze were great at EP last year.

Just saw there that ATN won Live Music Festival of the Year at IMRO awards, not too shabby for first-time festival!

Also looks like the National have finished their new album so will hopefully get some songs from that at ATN. If weather is as nice as it is today twill be a savage weekend again! :cool:

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think Nils Frahm was in tent last year

He was on the main stage and he was UNREAL good.

• Advertisement

He was on the main stage and he was UNREAL good.

I definitely saw him in a tent! :confused:

Advertisement