Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

roll wrote: »
    i note that the national are playing the sunday night.....

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Could never really get into the National, and not for the want of trying.

Sounds like they've been making the same album for a decade.

I'd tend to agree but they are fantastic live. I rarely listen to them but forced myself to get to know them because my friends are obsessed. I was really pleasantly surprised when I saw them live. There is far more energy to their music than their recorded albums imply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I wasn't really sold on them until I saw them at Primavera last year, really enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing them again now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

beecee wrote: »

Ah interesting, seems to have the Friday 2nd down here. Maybe they will do the Saturday as a compromise :P. Bit of a novelty seeing Waterford on a tour poster like that. Great to see bands like that coming to the South East :)

https://americanmary.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd tend to agree but they are fantastic live. I rarely listen to them but forced myself to get to know them because my friends are obsessed. I was really pleasantly surprised when I saw them live. There is far more energy to their music than their recorded albums imply.

Same, hopefully i'm blown away at ATN so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

beecee wrote: »

Ooh hopefully we get Courtney Barnett too then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

dmm82 wrote: »
    Ooh hopefully we get Courtney Barnett too then

Yeah, I didn't know Courtney and Alvvays were playing with them. Either/ both would be great additions.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't know Courtney and Alvvays were playing with them. Either/ both would be great additions.

Think it's only stand alone gigs with asterisks next to them that they will play with them unfortunately. I'm sure Lisa Hannigan will join them for the songs she features on though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Beatyard announcement includes Groove Armada, Chvrches, Jungle and Todd Terje so we can rule those out from the next announcement I'd imagine.

I was hoping for Jungle at ATN but I don't mind about the rest. Good announcement for Beatyard for those up that end of the country!

• Advertisement

Beatyard announcement includes Groove Armada, Chvrches, Jungle and Todd Terje so we can rule those out from the next announcement I'd imagine.

I was hoping for Jungle at ATN but I don't mind about the rest. Good announcement for Beatyard for those up that end of the country!

Seems decent. Just me or is like up bit "younger" than usual? Thought Beatyard leaned more towards some pop acts and a few heritage acts usually

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems decent. Just me or is like up bit "younger" than usual? Thought Beatyard leaned more towards some pop acts and a few heritage acts usually

This was last year's bill - the odd heritage act in there but a lot of 'younger' leaning acts too I'd say.
    Friday
    The Jacksons, Mr Scruff, The Reflex, Kelly-Anne Byrne

Saturday
    Kamasi Washington, Daphni, Django Django, Little Dragon, Modelskelector, John Talbot, Le Boom, Bad Bones, The scratch Jacques Greene, New Jackson (DJ set) and Sean OB

Sunday
    Orbital, St. Germain, Kiasmos, Sugarhill Gang, TheSkatelites, Joy Orbison, Confidence Man, King Kong Company, I Am The Cosmos, Loah David Avery and Andrew Weatherall

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe with the competition of ATN and Indie they need bigger acts?

This was last year's bill - the odd heritage act in there but a lot of 'younger' leaning acts too I'd say.

That's quite decent actually. Never been tbh so dunno why I assumed they catered for older taste (not that there's anything wrong with that btw).

Kiasmos playing ATN this year, there's definitely a few more I'd be happy to appear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

+ The Claque

Supergroup made of members of Girl band, Postcard Versions & Jetsetter

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

ok and can we have something that's not Indie now?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Maybe with the competition of ATN and Indie they need bigger acts?

Don't tell Body and Soul... One of Beatyard's mid-tier acts from last year is their headliner this year.

(to be fair, it was a Modeselektor DJ set @ Beatyard vs the real deal at BnS in the summer - and I am really looking forward to it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

ok and can we have something that's not Indie now?

Who you hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Festival Republic running a new 3 day festival in Dun Laoghaire same weekend as Forbidden Fruit, line-up announcement next week apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

August banker is so packed already... Castlepalooza is already gone. I can see how FR want some of the pie but they'll need something pretty good.. reminds me of MCD trying similar with Hi-Fi festival.

• Advertisement

Have heard mixed reviews of their live sets but liking Big Red Machine's stuff. Dunno chances of Justin Vernon being about that weekend but could be cool if they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have heard mixed reviews of their live sets but liking Big Red Machine's stuff. Dunno chances of Justin Vernon being about that weekend but could be cool if they played.
    I'd have assumed someone of that calibre would have been announced with that first poster tbh.

But I'd love it myself!

Basq wrote: »
    I'd have assumed someone of that calibre would have been announced with that first poster tbh.

But I'd love it myself!

Yeah you're probably right, more wishful thinking than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hoping SFSH announces them shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

maximoose wrote: »
    Hoping SFSH announces them shortly
    Yep, I'm there. Any indication of when there'll be an announcement?

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, I'm there. Any indication of when there'll be an announcement?

Would be class! Usually early May from past years afaik

Just an FYI on this, the National posted their tour dates for Autumn and there's a gap same time as SFASH so looks good that they will be back here for then

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Toast wrote: »
    August banker is so packed already... Castlepalooza is already gone. I can see how FR want some of the pie but they'll need something pretty good.. reminds me of MCD trying similar with Hi-Fi festival.

Forbidden Fruit is June banker, not August.

Just an FYI on this, the National posted their tour dates for Autumn and there's a gap same time as SFASH so looks good that they will be back here for then

Theyre playing in Texas on the 11th September, SFSH starts the 12th. Not sure if it would rule them out but wouldn't say they're a cert for it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Not sure if I'm even allowed to ask..... But hunting a campervan ticket. Stalking Toutless, Adverts and the like. If anyone is looking to shift one, list it on Toutless and drop me a PM.

Advertisement