Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Chvrches are playing Beatyard in Dublin the same weekend
    Different end of the country may take a short trip down
    Plus they played last year as well on the Friday at EP.
    Completely different festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I was hoping for the streets but not too worry

What are the chances of chrches?
    Bloc party?
    Bombay Bicycle Club?

I think the biggest names on the second announcement last year were Villagers and Yasiin Bey. I wouldn't be aiming too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Different end of the country may take a short trip down

Completely different festival

Still played Ireland though thats my point, they might only play ireland once a year if thats their prerogative.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Still played Ireland though thats my point, they might only play ireland once a year if thats their prerogative.

They've played the Olympia already this year. Now they're playing Beatyard. I would think it's highly doubtful they'd play a third show this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

What'd be the best way to get a campervan ticket now? Toutless? #Ticektfairy on Twitter? Asking for a friend. I have my ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

hankless wrote: »
    What'd be the best way to get a campervan ticket now? Toutless? #Ticektfairy on Twitter? Asking for a friend. I have my ticket!

Not sure, but if you find out please let me know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

As soon as I find out how to get one, you'll be the next person I tell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hankless wrote: »

An alternative is to volunteer for the festival, volunteers and crew have their own campsite and campervan area, just throwing my two cents in there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Anyone know what the craic is with the new festival that was meant to be announced by festival Republic??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

gaffolino wrote: »
    Anyone know what the craic is with the new festival that was meant to be announced by festival Republic??

Is it related to ATN ? :confused: :rolleyes:

Why not just Google ?!? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

gaffolino wrote: »

Short answer no, supposed to be yesterday but no sign. Thread here if you're interested https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057962984&page=16

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Having seen how shockingly bad the EP line up for 2019 is ,following an equally awful 2018 one that i did attend , I now need to migrate after more than a decade going there.

Is there a second tranche of tickets expected to be made available for All together now ,or does all sold mean all sold?

Many thanks in advance

bemmet wrote: »
    Having seen how shockingly bad the EP line up for 2019 is ,following an equally awful 2018 one that i did attend , I now need to migrate after more than a decade going there.

Is there a second tranche of tickets expected to be made available for All together now ,or does all sold mean all sold?

Many thanks in advance

Hard to know tbh because I'm not sure festival sold out at all last year. At the moment there's been no official word. Whether they will be able to add capacity and have limited sale in the summer is another question.

I guess closer to the time people might not be able to make it and be selling. Somewhere like toutless or ticketfairy hashtag on twitter could be worth following in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I think the biggest names on the second announcement last year were Villagers and Yasiin Bey. I wouldn't be aiming too high.

Jesus I hope not, the line up is very very light at minute for a three day festival.
    Do you reckon they just be a load of filler added from here in out

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Jesus I hope not, the line up is very very light at minute for a three day festival.

They'll add more than 2 acts

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

It's not going to be all filler. POD will pull out some nice additions. They won't be mega headliners but I would expect them to ramp it up a bit though from last year certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No, I suppose it depends on what you regard as filler. I just gave the 2 biggest names. That second announcement also included The Go! Team, David August, Hercules and Love Affair. Also Isaac Gracie and the Lost Brothers, both of whom I saw, both great.

I just don't think there'll be too many more names that will send Twitter into a frenzy. There'll be plenty more good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

Bowlardo wrote:
    Jesus I hope not, the line up is very very light at minute for a three day festival. Do you reckon they just be a load of filler added from here in out

It's the first announcement to be fair, I does depend on what you call majour all the same. I'm hopefully going to EP as well once I sort a ticket, but overall for me I prefer the ATN lineup probably because I've seen most of the big acts on EPs line already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm just hoping for a heap of Irish bands. So many great acts around, get them all down there!

I wish ATN would bring some real alternative/weird stuff too. Shame Irish festivals shy away from it compared to ones abroad. A nice weird stage would be the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I'm just hoping for a heap of Irish bands. So many great acts around, get them all down there!

I wish ATN would bring some real alternative/weird stuff too. Shame Irish festivals shy away from it compared to ones abroad. A nice weird stage would be the job.

How weird do you want it to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Just hang at the bandstand for the weekend. Loads of alternative/weird stuff going on last year!

Ha I dunno! I just mean more alternative acts I spose. Of ones hitting festivals this year off the top my head The Body, CZN, Jerusalem in my heart. Even acts at openear but at a stage at ATN. The big festivals here always leave out certain kind of acts I feel. Just imo obv! Whereas abroad you often get nice strange surprises. They seem more open to mixing it up.

gandalfio wrote: »
    Just hang at the bandstand for the weekend. Loads of alternative/weird stuff going on last year!

Cool sounds good. Didn't go last year, so my first time. Loads of stuff on lineup I like anyway so really looking forward to the whole experience as feedback is so good. Cheers

Are the bandstand bands called out on the lineup before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Cool sounds good. Didn't go last year, so my first time. Loads of stuff on lineup I like anyway so really looking forward to the whole experience as feedback is so good. Cheers

Are the bandstand bands called out on the lineup before hand?

They are indeed. Reggie Watts was a highlight. Kevin Rowland (Dexys Midnight Runners front man) played a Dj set. And while it was bizarre, it was also fantastic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

DJ Anklepants. The guy who a penis for a nose who plays music about how hard his life is having a penis for a nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭pah

Tunng are pretty decent

Have been listening to altogethernow playlist on Spotify the last week or so and Tunng really caught my attention. Listened to "Songs you make at night" which was great and have moved on to "turbines" now.

It's all good

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

gandalfio wrote: »
    They are indeed. Reggie Watts was a highlight. Kevin Rowland (Dexys Midnight Runners front man) played a Dj set. And while it was bizarre, it was also fantastic.

Ya he was brilliant...cant what for this year...we have ditched EP too messy.....

Little Green Cars have called it a day. Guess their set at All Together Now will be cancelled then.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Eod100 wrote: »
    Little Green Cars have called it a day. Guess their set at All Together Now will be cancelled then.
    Real shame. Seen them probably 4 or 5 times. A fantastic live band!

Screenshot-2019-03-21-10-45-28-813-com-instagram-android.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »

Not a band I've ever particularly liked but that's a bit of a shame - especially because they seemed relatively successful in terms of touring and acclaim. Another relatively well known band chucking it in after O Emperor and a few others last year.

Their Instagram post makes it sound like it was quite sudden - I wonder if something else played into it? It says they'll stay friends, etc, which is nice, and that there are new projects coming, but they had already announced ATN (any other shows?) and started the third album so...

Advertisement