Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a band I've ever particularly liked but that's a bit of a shame - especially because they seemed relatively successful in terms of touring and acclaim. Another relatively well known band chucking it in after O Emperor and a few others last year.

Their Instagram post makes it sound like it was quite sudden - I wonder if something else played into it? It says they'll stay friends, etc, which is nice, and that there are new projects coming, but they had already announced ATN (any other shows?) and started the third album so...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRCpmpnRID/

Their Instagram post indicates their last live appearance on Other Voices this evening and to "disregard the portion.. where they talk about our third album"..

.. so that's it I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not a band I've ever particularly liked but that's a bit of a shame - especially because they seemed relatively successful in terms of touring and acclaim. Another relatively well known band chucking it in after O Emperor and a few others last year.

Their Instagram post makes it sound like it was quite sudden - I wonder if something else played into it? It says they'll stay friends, etc, which is nice, and that there are new projects coming, but they had already announced ATN (any other shows?) and started the third album so...

Yeah it's a pity, have seen them live a few times over the years and they were great! Was hoping to catch them one last time but doubt they would stick together another 4 months just to play a festival set.

Yeah think ATN was the only show announced that I could see. Maybe they were hoping to launch 3rd album and call it a day after that but lost interest?

Guess as Nialler9 says with forming it at 16, 11 years later they will be very different people, have different musical tastes etc. Looking forward to their new side projects. Think Stevie had been working on stuff. Could see Faye putting out stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

If their slot is now gone? does that mean me and my band will now play? I have acquired the use of a clarinet in recent years and would like to demonstrate my talents as part of an eight person ensemble playing the music of Ennio Morricone and Paul Weller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djb92

Does anyone know if there'll be more headliners/bigger acts announced? Going to this regardless but I'd like there to be at least one person I'm interested in seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

djb92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there'll be more headliners/bigger acts announced? Going to this regardless but I'd like there to be at least one person I'm interested in seeing.

That's the spirit. Who says ATN is just for the socialites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What doesn't interest you about the ones announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am lying on the opposite side of the fence. It is looking like I won't be able to attend, and I am raging I won't be able to see some of those acts.
    If you're not currently interested in any of them, try listening to the spotify playlist that was posted a few pages back by garrkell - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109463033&postcount=641

It's very good.

If that doesn't interest you, then maybe question why you're going with no acts you like.
    I doubt very much that there will be any 'bigger' acts announced, but it's not a weekend I want to miss.

Seems to be some buzz around Fontaines DC. They've sold out a gig in Vicar St in December in a week and have added another. There's not too many international bands who would be able to do that, nevermind Irish ones. And their debut album not out til April. Haven't listened to much of their stuff but must be popular enough

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Listened to a few of their tracks. Not the type of stuff i would be into but i could see how their music would translate well live.

Massive hype behind them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

..and this is why festivals go to ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Listened to a few of their tracks. Not the type of stuff i would be into but i could see how their music would translate well live.

Massive hype behind them for sure.

I have seen them three times live now. Great live band.

I felt they were the best of the three when they played with Shame and the Murder Capital in the Tivoli.

I shouldn't bother if I were you. You will be disappointed if you find none of the current acts interesting. This is not the festival you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

I shouldn't bother if I were you. You will be disappointed if you find none of the current acts interesting. This is not the festival you are looking for.

The force is strong with this one.

I felt they were the best of the three when they played with Shame and the Murder Capital in the Tivoli.

Out of curiosity how long a set do they play? Just curious if they don't have a LP out yet

Eod100 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how long a set do they play? Just curious if they don't have a LP out yet

Twice I have seen them at festivals and once when they were subbing Shame on the night. All three were about a 40 minute set.

I have not seen a standalone gig so I am not sure if they have material for 1 hour +.

Yeah I've seen them a couple of times now. Really enjoyed them, and love all the recorded material so far. Should be a good year for them if they nail the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Rumor has it Major Laser will be in the next announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

showpony1 wrote: »

Where did you hear this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen them a couple of times now. Really enjoyed them, and love all the recorded material so far. Should be a good year for them if they nail the album!

really hope the indie/postpunk sort of bands are in a tent.

Looks like LGC have been chopped from the line-up on their site. No mention of it from ATN though.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like LGC have been chopped from the line-up on their site. No mention of it from ATN though.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

I found them a bit bland - so suits me! :)

You are just making that up...

Everyone knows Major Lazer are sh!t and have no place at a festival like this.

Any time these very unlikely acts come up its you mentioning it.

you in EP 2017 thread:
    "Looks like it will actually be David Guetta we are getting as our main dance act this year, would be good in either the friday night slot or the late sat night main stage spot"

you in EP 2017 thread again:
    "who is everyone expecting friday then, any insider knowledge? i guess major laser a shoe in for the friday night dance act, other than that not too sure"
    Ah showpony .. give it a rest mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That's got to be a wind up surely.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Everyone knows Major Lazer are sh!t

I would personally feel the same about The National but i don't feel the need to go on the attack if someone mentions music not to my taste.

Creeping looking up posts from 2017 when Major Laser were legitimately expected by many due to headlining all festivals that summer. Nice one mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

In fairness I don't think Major Lazer would 'have no place at a festival like EP', I think they are rubbish myself and would have zero interest in going to see them but the pool of dance acts big enough to headline EP is quite small and I feel like we are due Major Lazer some year.

Edit: Scratch this post... Thought I was in the EP thread! No way will they headline All Together Now.

Edit: Scratch this post... Thought I was in the EP thread! No way will they headline All Together Now.

i actually thought that myself! was replying to the guy giving out about the headliners thought was EP :D

I would personally feel the same about The National but i don't feel the need to go on the attack if someone mentions music not to my taste.

Creeping looking up posts from 2017 when Major Laser were legitimately expected by many due to headlining all festivals that summer. Nice one mate.

Classic strawman defence!

The point of my post was that you just make these daft rumours up .. you have got form on it and I called you out.

In fairness I don't think Major Lazer would 'have no place at a festival like EP', I think they are rubbish myself and would have zero interest in going to see them but the pool of dance acts big enough to headline EP is quite small and I feel like we are due Major Lazer some year.

Major Lazer would fit right in at EP ... in fact I'm pretty sure I saw them when they played there way back when that "Guns don't kill people " album was out. Decent enough album it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Major Lazer would fit right in at EP ... in fact I'm pretty sure I saw them when they played there way back when that "Guns don't kill people " album was out. Decent enough album it was too.

2009 I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Classic strawman defence!

The point of my post was that you just make these daft rumours up .. you have got form on it and I called you out.

OK ignore the point that everyone was predicting Major Laser that year. You can fish through that thread & find examples of it I am sure - you have form for doing that.

Anyway i already said i thought was posting in the EP thread so think we can move on.

Advertisement