Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    OK ignore the point that everyone was predicting Major Laser that year. You can fish through that thread & find examples of it I am sure - you have form for doing that.

Anyway i already said i thought was posting in the EP thread so think we can move on.

You seem like a decent bloke and I really don't want to argue or fight with you.

tbh, I thought we had moved on. Maybe there were more than just you in 17 predicting that .. I really can't be arsed looking and I certainly don't remember.

But when I saw your post today I thought .. "oh that showpony fella, he's at it again" .. there is no smoke without fire.

Anyway Major Lazer are not playing ATN. We all agree that.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

TBF Major Lazer were playing around in 2017... saw them at Glasto - surprisingly I saw a lot of fights at that gig...

Definitely not an act who will play ATN... not an unlikely shout for EP though...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

** me for the last 15 posts **

download.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When will be the second announcement be for this, I presume sometime in April or early May.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Didn't get my ticket sorted for this as i bought it 3 days before festival last year.
    Now it's becoming last year's EP-esque in terms of instant demand on the reseller sites even though its months away with panic buys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

showpony1 wrote: »
    Didn't get my ticket sorted for this as i bought it 3 days before festival last year.
    Now it's becoming last year's EP-esque in terms of instant demand on the reseller sites even though its months away with panic buys.

Or maybe the people who bought tickets actually want to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Jayda G announced. She's a dj from Canada. Disco/house.

Seems like they are announcing in dribs and drabs. Wondering if there will be a big second announcement at all, or will we be drip fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Jayda G announced. She's a dj from Canada. Disco/house.

Seems like they are announcing in dribs and drabs. Wondering if there will be a big second announcement at all, or will we be drip fed.

Jayda G was on the initial announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

maximoose wrote: »
    Jayda G was on the initial announcement

My bad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

When will be the second announcement be for this, I presume sometime in April or early May.

next week according to ATN instagram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

D.Q wrote: »
    next week according to ATN instagram

They have it on fb too. By sharing a pitchfork post about a band called Black Midi so guess they will be in it! Earlier than I expected so might not be the biggest of lists but could be wrong

Eod100 wrote: »
    They have it on fb too. By sharing a pitchfork post about a band called Black Midi so guess they will be in it! Earlier than I expected so might not be the biggest of lists but could be wrong

Clicked into the link and on their tour page they are down for the Sunday alright so yup they are alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Black Midi are pretty much the hottest new UK band right now, though they have next to no music online or really any online presence. Their KEXP sessions on YouTube are absolutely worth a gander, they're very experimental.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Never heard of them before today. Interesting.

Black Midi are pretty much the hottest new UK band right now, though they have next to no music online or really any online presence. Their KEXP sessions on YouTube are absolutely worth a gander, they're very experimental.

I'm always a bit cynical when I hear that, just wonder where the buzz is being generated from then! Only the 2 songs on Spotify that I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm always a bit cynical when I hear that, just wonder where the buzz is being generated from then! Only the 2 songs on Spotify that I can see

There's a few of these buzz bands being added and I'm quite interested in them all so far.

Fontaines have a bit more music than the rest but also the Claque and Murder Capital. Now Black Midi...

I'm quite happy to see some new names alongside many of my long-term festival favourites (the National, Hot Chip). Should make for a great weekend!

I'm always a bit cynical when I hear that, just wonder where the buzz is being generated from then!

It's a combination of word of mouth from their live shows which would generate quite a buzz by themselves, and the mystique behind their non-presence on social media which apparently isn't really intentional, they're just very quiet very young lads.

Didn't know they put out a new tune today. It's whopper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I remember desperately trawling the internet before EP looking for Murder Capital tracks. They were worthy of the hype. I'm open to more of this.

I mean, I'm definitely a bit cynical about the sudden emergence of all these acts - it looks to me like a coordinated PR effort to create a scene: Idles, Shame, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, Black Midi, etc...

I'm not complaining though - even if it just some marketing exec or music mag thinking they'll make some money off it, all of these bands have the tunes to back it up so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Caught Black Midi in workman's club and enjoyed it, defo wasn't blown away. Much preferred the support though, Jerskin Fendrix, announce him and I'll be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I mean, I'm definitely a bit cynical about the sudden emergence of all these acts - it looks to me like a coordinated PR effort to create a scene: Idles, Shame, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, Black Midi, etc...
    Hold on.. I missed something.. have Idles been announced? :confused:

It's a combination of word of mouth from their live shows which would generate quite a buzz by themselves, and the mystique behind their non-presence on social media which apparently isn't really intentional, they're just very quiet very young lads.

Didn't know they put out a new tune today. It's whopper

Ah yeah, I've no issue with the buzz being generated by talented artists. Just think some of it is a bit contrived by music executives so takes the authenticity out of it. But like I say, I'll give any band a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Ah yeah, I've no issue with the buzz being generated by talented artists. Just think some of it is a bit contrived by music executives so takes the authenticity out of it. But like I say, I'll give any band a chance!

Yeah unfortunately most of the music we listen to is because of music executives. It's always worked out grand though! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

hetuzozaho wrote:
    Caught Black Midi in workman's club and enjoyed it, defo wasn't blown away. Much preferred the support though, Jerskin Fendrix, announce him and I'll be delighted.

Yeah, they were interesting to say the least. Missed the support myself though.

Basq wrote: »
    Hold on.. I missed something.. have Idles been announced? :confused:

No, and neither have Shame. He was just pointing out that all these bands could be loosely lumped into a "new wave of post-punk" scene, besides the fact most of the aforementioned bands have toured together. I reckon it's more of the music media's own doing rather than any concerted PR effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I think sometimes a scene is just a scene. They can happen organically too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

do our elder statesmen remember
    "the scene that celebrates itself" from the late 90's
    a few of the shoegazey bands were seen at each others gigs
    and the music press turned on them after waxing lyrically about them all!
    and more or less creating the scene themselves! knobheads

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

For those on installment plan for tickets, final payment is due on Thursday 4th April, just got an email from TM

No, and neither have Shame. He was just pointing out that all these bands could be loosely lumped into a "new wave of post-punk" scene, besides the fact most of the aforementioned bands have toured together. I reckon it's more of the music media's own doing rather than any concerted PR effort.

Ah yeah - I'm not suggesting the whole thing was cooked up in a lab or anything.

It just seems to be a conscious effort to link all of these bands together constantly by the music press and on line-ups.

Keep it coming anyway; they're a hell of a lot more interesting than most of the other new bands out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Agree on black midi. I felt they were like a mix between at the drive in and ought. Interesting though.

Jerskin Fendrix shouldn’t have worked but something really engaging about the style and delivery.

Advertisement