Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

D.Q wrote: »
    Could someone please reassure me Arcadia is coming back

Did you like it that much? I didn't really get it... what did I miss??

New announcement is great: MOODYMAN!!! (John Grant + Tourist too for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

llatsni wrote: »
    Did you like it that much? I didn't really get it... what did I miss??

New announcement is great: MOODYMAN!!! (John Grant + Tourist too for me)

Yeah I loved it. Loved the spectacle of it, great high energy way to end the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Arcadia said on their Instagram page last year see you next year so would presume it will be back again this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

D.Q wrote: »
    Could someone please reassure me Arcadia is coming back

Its on their site

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/areas#

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nothing too amazing in that new announcement but I won't say no to Bombay Bicycle Club or John Grant anyway. I expected a few more established Irish acts as the original line up seemed to be short on both but there'll be plenty more to come.

I'm now looking at...

The National, Patti Smith, Hot Chip, John Hopkins, Good the Bad and the Queen, Father John Misty, John Grant, Bombay Bicycle Club, Olafur Arnalds, Neneh Cherry, Kiasmos, George Fitzgerald, Fontaines DC, Tunng, Black Midi, King Kong Company, the Claque, Ships, the Murder Capital, Pillow Queen's, Just Mustard and the London Astrobeat Orchestra performing Talking Heads.

Which, frankly, is a ridiculous amount of music for one weekend and I won't come close to hitting it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I expected a few more established Irish acts

Who were you thinking of out of interest?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I expected a few more established Irish acts

Who were you thinking of out of interest?

James Vincent McMorrow was the first name that came to mind, though I'm not sure if he is touring.

Last year had the likes of Villagers, Jape and Roisin Murphy in pretty prominent slots and there just doesn't seem to be an equivalent this time yet. Lisa Hannigan is pretty high up, though.

I was hoping for Kojaque or New Jackson but they might not fit the bill of popular enough to fill prominent slots or available, maybe?

There's lots of great irish music there already and when put on the spot, I'm struggling to come up with more suggestions tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That's a decent set of additions added, quite happy with that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

James Vincent McMorrow was the first name that came to mind, though I'm not sure if he is touring.

Last year had the likes of Villagers, Jape and Roisin Murphy in pretty prominent slots and there just doesn't seem to be an equivalent this time yet. Lisa Hannigan is pretty high up, though.

I was hoping for Kojaque or New Jackson but they might not fit the bill of popular enough to fill prominent slots or available, maybe?

There's lots of great irish music there already and when put on the spot, I'm struggling to come up with more suggestions tbf.

I'd forgotten about James Vincent mcmorrow actually. Would have been fantastic.

Would love New Jackson too! For some reason I'd thought David kitt was on the lineup. Must be some other festival I was following.

• Advertisement

I'd forgotten about James Vincent mcmorrow actually. Would have been fantastic.

Would love New Jackson too! For some reason I'd thought David kitt was on the lineup. Must be some other festival I was following.

From following him on Twitter, I think James Vincent McMorrow had a child within the last year or so and took some time off. Not sure if he's still taking the time or has he started writing or anything but I've not seen any live announcements anyway!

Villagers is the main one I want but I accept that being on the bill for this and metropolis last year means it won't happen.

Villagers is the main one I want but I accept that being on the bill for this and metropolis last year means it won't happen.

Yeah probably not. That metropolis gig was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yeah probably not. That metropolis gig was brilliant.

I'd say Villagers for EP, annouced when their July gig in Dublin is over.

I hope I hope I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

would like to see some higher tempo dance acts on the bill - ben ufo, alkan, leftfield and cait the only ones so far I think

great line up though so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Have the camper van tickets been posted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I signed up for this last year because my missus really wanted to go. She's had enough of EP and being a big Prince fan, couldn't resist the NPG and Chaka Khan on the same bill. Not much there for me but I said I'd give it a whirl. And a great weekend was had by all. Complete about face this year. Loads there for me, guitars as far as the eye can see but feck all on the funk/ soul spectrum. They still have a few areas to beef up on the bill. I'm delighted, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Pretty happy with those additions! Guess we could see more acts added after gigs here judging by addition of John Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

John Grant was pretty wicked at Body&Soul in 2014.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

John Grant was pretty wicked at Body&Soul in 2014.

In fairness, he is always excellent. Friend of mine saw him in cork last week and said it was the best he's ever seen him. Top addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Have the camper van tickets been posted yet?

No sign yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Went to Electric Picnic for years until two years ago but crowd too young for me now, whats the vibe here a bit more mature?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Went to Electric Picnic for years until two years ago but crowd too young for me now, whats the vibe here a bit more mature?

yeah very much 25 and upwards and families.
    No 18 year olds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

It's over 21s with the exception of under 12s with families

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'd prefer over 30s! 21 is a kid to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah it's a different feel altogether. None of those sweaty masses of teens that move around like shoals of fish, you know, they suddenly all just shoot off in a different direction without anyone knowing why, scattering beer and glitter as they go. Certainly more chilled out in Curraghmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah ATN is probably one of the more older festival crowds? At least from looking at my group of mates (now 27-31) as we got older the festival of preference progressed like EP -> Body and Soul -> ATN.

Smaller festivals the likes of Vantastival also have really chill mature crowds too from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just noticed Anna Calvi was sneakily in the latest addition, that's a nice addition too. Solo is noted in brackets so I wonder if she will do a St Vincent type show or maybe acoustic, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hot Chip have a new album out in June and a their new single landed today.
    Been too long since I've seen them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

The National have been dropping a few new tracks in the past couple of weeks too.

FFS - i'm getting seriously excited for the August Bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah it's a different feel altogether. None of those sweaty masses of teens that move around like shoals of fish, you know, they suddenly all just shoot off in a different direction without anyone knowing why, scattering beer and glitter as they go. Certainly more chilled out in Curraghmore.

Man why does everyone hate glitter this is my excuse to basically be in full costume for three days :)

Advertisement