Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

kg703 wrote: »
    Man why does everyone hate glitter this is my excuse to basically be in full costume for three days :)

I give you special dispensation, Kg. Go mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Man why does everyone hate glitter this is my excuse to basically be in full costume for three days :)

I'd like to think there was eco glitter but its thousands of micro plastics released into soil, still its nice looking. :)

Edit: Speak of the devil, I just Googled eco glitter and its available, so all good. https://www.ecoglitterfun.com/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The National have been dropping a few new tracks in the past couple of weeks too.

FFS - i'm getting seriously excited for the August Bank holiday weekend.

Is that on spotify? Had missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Probably old news but saw Bombay Bicycle Club are also playing Cork Opera House on the Saturday of ATN weekend and a festival in UK the Friday so looks like they will be playing ATN the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Eod100 wrote: »
    Probably old news but saw Bombay Bicycle Club are also playing Cork Opera House on the Saturday of ATN weekend and a festival in UK the Friday so looks like they will be playing ATN the Sunday.

Yeah I think I saw that in there announcement. BBC followed by The National with Jon Hopkins headlining the tent??

• Advertisement

Yeah I think I saw that in there announcement. BBC followed by The National with Jon Hopkins headlining the tent??

I hope they have a bigger marquee, the old Electric Arena tent maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is Hopkins on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Jon Hopkins and the national clashing will be a f**kin disaster for me.

If they play on the same night, hopefully Jon Hopkins plays a set after the main stage closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

It's terrible for the environment and painful to get rid of! *killjoy*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

It's terrible for the environment and painful to get rid of! *killjoy*

I think there might be bigger issues for the environment at this festival we are going to :)

• Advertisement

Jon Hopkins and the national clashing will be a f**kin disaster for me.

If they play on the same night, hopefully Jon Hopkins plays a set after the main stage closes.

The Jimmy Cliff time from last year would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That new song by The National is beautiful.. wasn't too gone on the first single so this is much better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

I don't mind a bit of glitter myself at festivals although my OH usually rips the p**s out of me when I put any on, but its the only 3 days of the year where I can be in my little festival bubble ignoring the outside world and getting dressed up in clothes I wouldn't normally be seen in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Basq wrote: »
    That new song by The National is beautiful.. wasn't too gone on the first single so this is much better IMO

It's a cracker isn't it? I liked the first song too I must say. I'm delighted they've new music out. I have already seen them twice on the current album so it'll be nice to get a new show!

New Hot Chip is a belter too. Fontaines DC album is out next week too - think most of it was on the EPs but it should be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Basq wrote: »

I really like it. They played it live a few times last year delighted to see its the next single!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I like the first track too. The drums are f**kin awesome on it, i'm sure it'll be brilliant live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Fontaines DC album is out next week too - think most of it was on the EPs but it should be a good one!

It's roughly half and half new tunes and released tunes. Though the stuff from the older singles will have been re-recorded in the style of production on Big and Too Real, which suits them way more I think than the reverb'd out of it sound from the earlier singles. It could bring more out of the songs.

It's roughly half and half new tunes and released tunes. Though the stuff from the older singles will have been re-recorded in the style of production on Big and Too Real, which suits them way more I think than the reverb'd out of it sound from the earlier singles. It could bring more out of the songs.

7/11 tracks released in some form or other previously. No issue with that really as some are re-recorded versions, was just making the point that it isn't a heap of new new music.

EDIT: The 'Darklands versions', which is what they are calling the new recordings, of 'Boys in the Better Land' and 'Chequeless Reckless' are excellent.

Irish Times review gave 4 stars out of 5, though it spends more time contextualising the band than it does talking about the music tbh!

7/11 tracks released in some form or other previously. No issue with that really as some are re-recorded versions, was just making the point that it isn't a heap of new new music.

EDIT: The 'Darklands versions', which is what they are calling the new recordings, of 'Boys in the Better Land' and 'Chequeless Reckless' are excellent.

Irish Times review gave 4 stars out of 5, though it spends more time contextualising the band than it does talking about the music tbh!

Are the darklands versions not the ones we already have of those songs? Or the 'new recordings' were released as singles in 2018 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah Darklands is the name of the studio they did the older recordings in.

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Are the darklands versions not the ones we already have of those songs? Or the 'new recordings' were released as singles in 2018 is it?
    yeah Darklands is the name of the studio they did the older recordings in.

Oh - my bad. I thought the Darklands ones were the new versions of the old ones.

Either way, it's all good!

Oh - my bad. I thought the Darklands ones were the new versions of the old ones.

Either way, it's all good!

Yeah, unless the 4 I haven't heard are awful tripe :) it should be a great album, and but of exposure by then we should have a cool performance on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

Im looking to swop EP (General camping) for ATN (Family Camping) any suggestions as to the best way to do this without getting shafted
    - I had a look at toutless and registered there but as a new user seem to have difficulty posting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

I don't mind a bit of glitter myself at festivals although my OH usually rips the p**s out of me when I put any on, but its the only 3 days of the year where I can be in my little festival bubble ignoring the outside world and getting dressed up in clothes I wouldn't normally be seen in :)

Put up a pic!

I just wear normal clothes, what should I wear?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I think there might be bigger issues for the environment at this festival we are going to :)

Yeah the no plastics but a huge gass afterburner juxtaposition is something alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Went last year and loved every minute. This year will have my niece and nephew with me ages 11 and 6. Can anyone who went with kids last year remember what the prices are like for kids activities? First time taking kids to a festival so not sure what to expect. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I wouldn’t bother dragging kids it’s a sesh weekend for adults

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Here we go. That time of the year again already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

bigpink wrote: »

Bellend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

bigpink wrote: »

It’s a family festival lots of kids last year and they all seemed to be having a blast. I’m looking forward to spending some time with my niece and nephew. Just want to make sure I have enough cash so I can make sure they have enjoy it too.

Advertisement