Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

danois wrote: »
    It’s a family festival lots of kids last year and they all seemed to be having a blast. I’m looking forward to spending some time with my niece and nephew. Just want to make sure I have enough cash so I can make sure they have enjoy it too.

I didn’t know it was a family and kids festival sorry
    I’m just going by what I have seen at other festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,439 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It’s a family festival lots of kids last year and they all seemed to be having a blast. I’m looking forward to spending some time with my niece and nephew. Just want to make sure I have enough cash so I can make sure they have enjoy it too.

Plenty to do.
    And the majority of it is free.
    There was a field (Walled garden) to the right of the House, where there was loads of kiddie things to do. Make and Do, Spray painting, Circus tricks etc.

In the main arena there was the Carousel, Slide, Chair rides, and they were €3-4 a go.
    You also have all the stalls with Henna tattoos etc on the walk up to the Main arena.

I had a 12 and 9 yr old with me last year, and they really enjoyed it.

A lovely crowd there and once you don't have them out too late you shouldn't experience many "messy" gig goers.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Ticket arrived in the post this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

greenspurs wrote: »
    A lovely crowd there and once you don't have them out too late you shouldn't experience many "messy" gig goers.

This is a key point. It's a great family festival with a really chilled crowd and there's plenty of things for the kids to do and see, but there are times when it may not be quite so suitable to have them out and about (i.e. late night in the arena).

We aren't bringing the kids ourselves, as this is the only weekend of the year that myself and my wife will be getting away on our own to at least act like we're young and free (for a little while anyway).....Plus camping with a 5 and 3 year old sounds like a lot of hard work!! ;)

All power and kudos to those of you who do though, I'm sure it's a great experience for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Col45

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody attended last year's event in a camper and was searched for gas.
    I am going this year with wife and kids and hoped to cook the breakfast every morning.

Any info much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Bring them down to KKK, they'll have a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Col45 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody attended last year's event in a camper and was searched for gas.
    I am going this year with wife and kids and hoped to cook the breakfast every morning.

Any info much appreciated

I was in that field. This rule was not enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fontaines DC album out today. Anyone had a listen?

Re-recorded version of Boys in the Better Land isn't as good as the older one but otherwise, I'm impressed. Looking forward to seeing them at ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Fontaines DC album out today. Anyone had a listen?

Re-recorded version of Boys in the Better Land isn't as good as the older one but otherwise, I'm impressed. Looking forward to seeing them at ATN.

Its a shame so many of the songs have already been released in one form or another but its still a very solid debut album. I also noticed the closing line on the record is "all together now", coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 summer02

bemmet wrote: »
    Having seen how shockingly bad the EP line up for 2019 is ,following an equally awful 2018 one that i did attend , I now need to migrate after more than a decade going there.

Is there a second tranche of tickets expected to be made available for All together now ,or does all sold mean all sold?

Many thanks in advance

I got tickets on Ticketmaster on 22/03/19 long after it officially sold out. So keep trying Ticketmaster and/or Toutless. Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭endainoz

Paddy2012 wrote:
    Its a shame so many of the songs have already been released in one form or another but its still a very solid debut album. I also noticed the closing line on the record is "all together now", coincidence?

Yeah have ordered the Vinyl today, decided to treat myself! You get a digital download of it too, the reviews for the album have been great so far. Guardian and NME were overwhelmingly positive. Good for them, looks like the hype of the last 18 months or so was warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

summer02 wrote: »
    I got tickets on Ticketmaster on 22/03/19 long after it officially sold out. So keep trying Ticketmaster and/or Toutless. Hope you get sorted.

In the same boat myself. Having to check ticketmaster daily.
    Only made the decision to actually go last year about two weeks before the festival, but absolutely loved it.... just did not have the cash in time this year and really thought all that "we're nearly sold out" craic was just marketing...

Hopefully a few tickets show up, it was so good last year that if I cant go i'll have to get out of the country or something that weekend so i dont hear about it, I couldnt handle it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Say toutless is worth a try definitely but maybe closer to the time. I'm sure there will some people with tickets already who can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah loving fontaines album, but like has been said, So many songs I knew already, would have been some collection of songs to hear for the first time today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah loving fontaines album, but like has been said, So many songs I knew already, would have been some collection of songs to hear for the first time today!

Is it just me that's a little disappointed with album version of some of the previously released songs? Chequeless Reckless, Liberty Belle and Boys in the better land all feel like they've had a bit of the life sucked out of them. I really rate them and loved them live but I was a bit disappointed on first listen. That's the danger I suppose when people have time to grow attached to songs we'll in advance of the album's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭endainoz

Liberty Belle feels like it's been around forever, great tune though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Is it just me that's a little disappointed with album version of some of the previously released songs? Chequeless Reckless, Liberty Belle and Boys in the better land all feel like they've had a bit of the life sucked out of them. I really rate them and loved them live but I was a bit disappointed on first listen. That's the danger I suppose when people have time to grow attached to songs we'll in advance of the album's release.

Not just you. But I come to the same conclusion, it's just different sounding

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Boys in the better land sounds awful on the album compared to the EP. Madness re-recording or remixing that tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Really liking 'Ships' from the playlist. They have an 80s feel to them, but are pretty kicking.

There so much good music on the playlist. Cheers to the creator. And the organisers. And the bands. Roll on August...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexmcquaid

I emailed helloATalltogethernow.ie last month and asked if they could kindly let me know if any tickets go on sale on ticketmaster. And she did email me early one morning. I managed to buy 2 right then. Worth a shot for anyone else looking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Synode wrote: »
    Really liking 'Ships' from the playlist. They have an 80s feel to them, but are pretty kicking.

There so much good music on the playlist. Cheers to the creator. And the organisers. And the bands. Roll on August...

Ships are incredible. All will be is one of my favourite songs from the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Synode wrote: »

Only discovered Ships myself from that same playlist. An absolute must see for me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mcgowak3

Hey everyone,

I'm probably posting here same as everyone looking for a ticket! But if anyone is selling I'd be very interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Acts that I will be going to see:
    The National
    FJM
    Patti Smith
    The Good the bad and the queen
    John Grant
    BBC (Herself will want to go)
    Loyle Carner
    The Wailers
    Kiasmos
    Fontaines DC
    The Murder Capital
    Just Mustard
    Kamaal Williams
    Black Midi
    The Claque
    Junior Brother
    Gus Dapperton

There's going to be Sh****loads of clashes isnt there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My list is broadly the same as yours, not looking forward to the clashes

Gus Dapperton was a pleasant surprise going through the playlist, hope to catch him

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

There's going to be Sh****loads of clashes isnt there

Yes, yes there is ... *cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

There's something about the vibe around ATN that clashes don't fill me with the usual fear i get for, say, EP.
    That said, there's probably going to be at least one clash that will annoy me the week leading up to it.

But then I'll get down, wander around and suck it all up and think 'fxxk it-its going to be a great weekend anyway!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexmcquaid

The current acts could do with something completely different in the mix. I am going to throw it out there that Robyn with be announced.

The current acts could do with something completely different in the mix. I am going to throw it out there that Robyn with be announced.

She'd be a great addition - plenty of rumours that she will play Ireland this summer. nialler9 seems convinced she's on the MCD roster and is more likely for the 3Arena but I'll keep fingers and toes crossed.

Plenty on the line-up that I want to see already but agree that it would be good to see a total change of pace in the next announcement. Would like to see Kojaque and maybe some soul/R&B stuff. Plenty of great indie and electronic things already. (not that I'm complaining - if there was nothing else added, I'd still have a list of 20+ acts to see!!)

• Advertisement

New Loyle Carner album is out today for anyone interested.

3/5 on the Guardian and 4/5 on the Irish Times. Sounds decent so far.

Advertisement